What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

The thing for me is that I wouldn’t like to give up Vando. I like his hustle, offensive rebounding, and awareness for playmaking. He has to improve his shooting of course, but I think he can. I’d like to see what he brings next season before considering moving him.

So Phoenix is limited in part because Sarver has to pass off any deal involving a player making $10M or more. The new owner likely wants input... and there is an acting owner as well.

Vando is below 10M... one thing I have considered is what is NAW's trade value. I would honestly kind of hate to trade him as he has shown some real improvement and promise lately and seems like the best type of guy. Vando/NAW to Phoenix Crowder to somewhere... picks to Utah with an expiring contract.
I would hate to trade NAW but if Hardy isn't going to play him then it might be a good idea. His skillset fits with pretty much any team and his contract plus the fact that he would be a restricted free agent has be to of interest.

So Phoenix is limited in part because Sarver has to pass off any deal involving a player making $10M or more. The new owner likely wants input... and there is an acting owner as well.

Vando is below 10M... one thing I have considered is what is NAW's trade value. I would honestly kind of hate to trade him as he has shown some real improvement and promise lately and seems like the best type of guy. Vando/NAW to Phoenix Crowder to somewhere... picks to Utah with an expiring contract.
How many picks? Whose picks. If we are losing vando and NAW I want some good stuff.

I would hate to trade NAW but if Hardy isn't going to play him then it might be a good idea. His skillset fits with pretty much any team and his contract plus the fact that he would be a restricted free agent has be to of interest.
Yeah... whenever it would pain me a little to move a guy I think that guy likely has a little trade value. I would like to keep NAW into RFA and lock him up on a reasonable deal. I was not a NAW believer... but I really like how he has played this season.

How many picks? Whose picks. If we are losing vando and NAW I want some good stuff.
So Phoenix would give a pick - I make take a swap this year with the Brooklyn pick if they are really worried about it a lot. I think Crowder could go to Philly and we take like Korkmaz Thybulle and they have Charlottes 2nd this year... so #33.

Something in the neighborhood maybe. I may not love it but just wondering aloud on NAW and wanting to see what others thought on him.

NAW has really looked good to me. Great guy to have come off your bench in the rotation. He has good size, gives effort on defense. His shot has been nice.

I wish he would give Rudy Gay some lessons on putting a little arch in his shot. Rudy shoots line drives and there is just little room for error on his shot and as we have seen, his shot has too much error.

Considering Lauri's efficiency, his usage rate is nowhere near where it should be on our team. With this, the Jazz are leaving points on the table in every game. But I think this is going to change (perhaps already has started), as Hardy, just like all other coaches in this league, will want his most efficient shooter take as many shot attempts as possible.
What is the correlation between Lauri's usage rate and our record?

Really seemed like you were going out on a limb on that one. Lol
You've got to go out on a limb sometimes because that's where the fruit is.

Daring is doing. Daring is asking something outrageous despite your chances of failure and rejection. Daring is going out on a limb by believing in something that no one else understands, and if all fails, daring is trying again.

The thing for me is that I wouldn’t like to give up Vando. I like his hustle, offensive rebounding, and awareness for playmaking. He has to improve his shooting of course, but I think he can. I’d like to see what he brings next season before considering moving him.
honestly, i think the jazz agree with you. they may do it for somebody with the talent of john collins, but they would really have to like whoever it is they give him up for.

Wait we pissed about steroids or whatever he took... okay. I mean I know its way different but I get steroids everytime my body struggles to fight something (okay not everytime) and it helps almost immediately. We really gonna get high and mighty about a guy using banned substances to help his body... these dudes should be allowed to use whatever they want under proper supervision.
I don't even care he broke the rules and cheated, as it pertains to much except it says alot about him as a person, but the fact that he has not been the same player at all since he was doing so I do care about the most.
You can try to spin this I guess, but if the league cannot allow players take advantage of these helpful enhancers, then you cannot suggest that makes him justified either when they don't.
Imo he clearly needed them to play at a high level since he hasn't since, and imo the reason he aint getting the touches is because he doesn't deserve them anymore.

The thing is, you can't really play Vando with Kessler. You swap him for Collins you can comfortably start Kessler, have serious size, and move Olynyk to 4th or 5th big ciming off the bench, where he is supposed to live. You can now move further away fro Gay as well as you have enough offensive punch.

Additionally, by moving Beasley, you open up playing time for NAW and Abajji. One of them is going away when Sexton comes back, which would be a damn shame. I love Beasley, but I like the idea of seeing what Abaji and NAW REALLY have before the draft.

The thing is, you can't really play Vando with Kessler. You swap him for Collins you can comfortably start Kessler, have serious size, and move Olynyk to 4th or 5th big ciming off the bench, where he is supposed to live. You can now move further away fro Gay as well as you have enough offensive punch.

Additionally, by moving Beasley, you open up playing time for NAW and Abajji. One of them is going away when Sexton comes back, which would be a damn shame. I love Beasley, but I like the idea of seeing what Abaji and NAW REALLY have before the draft.
I dont think him and kessler not being able to play together is a huge deal. Neither player is really worth being a 30 mpg kind of guy and both are probably better in the 22-26 mpg range. Dont think you have to move one right now until the future situation becomes more clear. Like maybe Kessler is very good and is a 30+ mpg kind of player which makes JV harder to play for his 24ish MPG. Or maybe the Jazz acquire a really talented/versatile 5 (Wemby fingers crossed) and you are better off with JV getting more minutes rather than Kessler.

Here is the Collins deal I will do... We move Beasley/KO for JC and we get the right to swap the Brooklyn pick with the Hawks pick but allow them to top 10 protect it. If it falls in the protections we get two second round picks. I can be talked into Vando (they should prefer KO though for fit reasons) but I'd say the swap is 2023 top 10 protected or it goes to 2025 or 2026 in connection with the other picks and swaps we own.

Here is the Collins deal I will do... We move Beasley/KO for JC and we get the right to swap the Brooklyn pick with the Hawks pick but allow them to top 10 protect it. If it falls in the protections we get two second round picks. I can be talked into Vando (they should prefer KO though for fit reasons) but I'd say the swap is 2023 top 10 protected or it goes to 2025 or 2026 in connection with the other picks and swaps we own.

I’d do Beasley/Vando straight up anything extra is pure delicious gravy.