What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

The biggest concern (outside his contract, as that is some money for some time) over bringing Collins in could be a good chunk of his game be around the same variety of shots we look Markkanen for ?

Here is the Collins deal I will do... We move Beasley/KO for JC and we get the right to swap the Brooklyn pick with the Hawks pick but allow them to top 10 protect it. If it falls in the protections we get two second round picks. I can be talked into Vando (they should prefer KO though for fit reasons) but I'd say the swap is 2023 top 10 protected or it goes to 2025 or 2026 in connection with the other picks and swaps we own.
Yes but is that a Gobert/Mitchell return for JC?

You've got to go out on a limb sometimes because that's where the fruit is.

Daring is doing. Daring is asking something outrageous despite your chances of failure and rejection. Daring is going out on a limb by believing in something that no one else understands, and if all fails, daring is trying again.
Me in a nutshell. I believe in a lot of things no one understands, and fail multiple times a day. Never knew I was so daring

My only beef with Markkanen Is that someone with his efficiency numbers needs to have a higher user rate, I mean isn’t that what turns someone from a really good player to a star? He needs to take on more responsibility to be a star in my opinion

I have no issues with this theoretical Collins trade, though I'd hope the Jazz get a draft pick with it.

I’d be cool if the “future first” they’re going to give us is negotiated down to “take Rudy Gay’s corpse and give us one of your cheap young guys who may or may not be an NBA player”

There is not a single team with 2 high usage front court players though.
What’s high usage in this definition?

AD/Bron
Siakam/OG/Barnes
Jokic/Gordon/Porter Jr
Nurk/Grant
Banchero/Wagner
Kristaps/Kuzma
PG/Kawhi
Tatum/Brown might be a reach but they are listed as PF and SF respectively

These are all dudes that each get all the shots either Collins or Lauri would need.

So yahoo sports is saying the potential deal for Collins is JV + Beasley … Jazz are wanting Hawks to attach a first round pick with Collins

Not a huge fan of Collins , but if he comes with a first rounder , then that makes it a lot sweeter.

Article says Jazz have taken a lot of calls about Beasley and JV

So yahoo sports is saying the potential deal for Collins is JV + Beasley … Jazz are wanting Hawks to attach a first round pick with Collins

Not a huge fan of Collins , but if he comes with a first rounder , then that makes it a lot sweeter.

Article says Jazz have taken a lot of calls about Beasley and JV

I'd do it with a pick swap and a couple of seconds. Mathematically a pick swap is worth 1/3 of a pick on average, but you never know if that turns into gold - it's like a lottery ticket. And if you add a couple of seconds it gives you more ammunition down the line. In return you get a good yet slightly overpaid player for a position that is difficult to fill with quality. Heck I would do it just with the pick swap.