What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

If we decide to rebuild for the next 4+ years... I can see that happening. If we intend to compete before his deal even expires, I find that very unlikely.

Lauri has been in rebuilding teams all of his career. I would guess he wants to get to the playoffs and compete for titles.
I'm old. I remember when Jazz fans were excited to pick up John Starks to replace Jeff Hornecek. A national writer wrote "Jazz fans are about to become intimately familiar with the difference between consistent and streaky." Vando and Beasley are are on the far end of that scale. I love them but would swap them for "consistant" if given the chance. A top notch roll man who has three point range when left open seems more that direction for me. If we can do better than I am for that too.

I think Starks had a twisted ball , which put off his stroke ….

LOL’n at how good Brandon Miller is. He’s the best player on the floor and it’s obvious within 60 secs of watching a game he’s playing in.

LOL’n at how good Brandon Miller is. He’s the best player on the floor and it’s obvious within 60 secs of watching a game he’s playing in.
He just keeps getting better and better as well.

Jazz talk starts around 21 minutes. MacMahon thinks Vando likely gets moved but doesn't seem to think he's worth a first round pick, mentions maybe a good 2nd or a couple of 2nds. Seems to think Beasley has more value, says the Jazz would want back a 1st round pick or a young player to add to their core going forward.

Pelton mentions hypothetical trade idea between Jazz and Clippers of Conley for Jackson/Covington and a 1st round pick. Pelton and MacMahon don't think the Jazz would take on Covington's salary for next year unless the Clippers include the pick. MacMahon mentions Kennard but Pelton doesn't think the Clippers would give him up.

MacMahon say the Jazz don't view Sexton as a starting point guard, they see him as a 6th man. Tony Jones also mentioned this recently and said it will require buy in from Sexton.

They don't think Collins would be a great fit with the Jazz. MacMahon wouldn't take on his contract unless the Jazz get back a first round pick as well.

View: https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/1615529729112645634

Last edited:
Jazz talk starts around 21 minutes. MacMahon thinks Vando likely gets moved but doesn't seem to think he's worth a first round pick, mentions maybe a good 2nd or a couple of 2nds. Seems to think Beasley has more value, says the Jazz would want back a 1st round pick or a young player to add to their core going forward.

Pelton mentions hypothetical trade idea between Jazz and Clippers of Conley for Jackson/Covington and a 1st round pick. Pelton and MacMahon don't think the Jazz would take on Covington's salary for next year unless the Clippers include the pick. MacMahon mentions Kennard but Pelton doesn't think the Clippers would give him up.

MacMahon say the Jazz don't view Sexton as a starting point guard, they see him as a 6th man. Tony Jones also mentioned this recently and said it will require buy in from Sexton.

They don't think Collins would be a great fit with the Jazz. MacMahon wouldn't take on his contract unless the Jazz get back a first round pick as well.

View: https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/1615529729112645634

Vando is far from perfect esp offensively but he's got to be worth more than a 2nd

I'm way less interested in trading Conley if the Clips are only interested in sending back Reggie Jackson+Covington.
Always disliked jackson's game. Covington used to be good, but i havent watched him much lately and have no idea how long his contract lasts. If you can dump gay and conley maybe?

I don’t really understand the Sexton hate… the Jazz seem to flow better when he is on the court, and he makes fewer mental errors than JC, THT or NAW. He does seem to be on an extremely short leash though.
They weren't hating on Sexton. Just stating the obvious the Jazz like him and are trying to develop him as a 6th man (which is what they are doing right now). They're not putting any pressure on him to be the PG. I love the way Sexton is developing his drive and kick game, learning to change speeds, etc but he is not a natural PG.

Last edited:
Agreed, but if they also sent back a first round pick then I'd be very interested.
Agreed the FRP changes everything. They were almost making it sound like Ainge could potentially do Conley a solid and trade him to the Clips for a crap package.

Agreed the FRP changes everything. They were almost making it sound like Ainge could potentially do Conley a solid and trade him to the Clips for a crap package.
Love Conley the person, but DA shouldn’t be doing anybody a solid at the trade deadline. Every move he makes should based on two things -

A.) Maximizing our pick values this year and in the future. (Teams below our picks get better, while the picks we own keep dropping down.)

B.) Adding additional assets at every opportunity. (Get younger and take some chances.)

I would trade gay and Conley for dlo and keep him and see. He's is a good pick and roll passer, something that could benefit Lauri. If it doesn't work let him walk at the end. This is assuming we aren't trading for someone better at that position. He wouldn't fit with Clarkson though since both aren't good on defense.

I would trade gay and Conley for dlo and keep him and see. He's is a good pick and roll passer, something that could benefit Lauri. If it doesn't work let him walk at the end. This is assuming we aren't trading for someone better at that position. He wouldn't fit with Clarkson though since both aren't good on defense.
Pass on DLo.

I was living in LA when DLo and Clarkson were teammates for the Lakers. Really don't want to relive that with the Jazz. Mostly just want the Wolves to be stuck with DLo as their PG which should lead to the Jazz getting a really nice pick.