What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Take Donovan out of the equation, because it isn't about him why do you think the rest of the team don't pass it to Rudy?
That's not really germane. And, you're right, it's not about Donovan, it's about your nonsensical statement. If Gobert's +/- was on par with Donovan's, then, yeah, you could easily put the blame on him, but it wasn't.

As far as the idea of a Mitchell trade coming down the pike, league sources do feel that it’s a matter of “when and not if” with Mitchell eventually asking to go to a “glamour market” like New York or Miami. But in the short term, there’s skepticism it will happen. New Jazz owner Ryan Smith is said to be extremely dedicated to keeping and building around Mitchell. Which, of course, is going to mean moving Rudy Gobert as it’s become apparent that relationship is untenable on-court and off-court.

Full quote for context.

This hits less hard than the Tim McMahon quotes were he consistently says "Donovan is not long for Utah". This is Matt Moore recycling some of the other stuff imo.. I don't think its wrong but I think he's going click bait style here.

His entire article was recycled stuff from Fischer, Larsen, etc.

Full quote for context.
This is precisely why they should do it now. If everybody knows it's going to happen and "it’s a matter of when and not if” do it on your own term and when you have the most leverage and when you can extract the most value and furthermore when Mitchell won't be able to dictate to you where to send him and thus limit your return. Just trade him now before he even asks for it.

If he requests a trade we trade him for the best package lol.
Agreed. The reason I want us to trade him now and not when he request a trade and limits our options is not because I want to do him dirty and send him to OKC or the Kings. I would send him to the Knicks if they give us the best package no problem. But they first have to compete against the million picks OKC and NOP can show up with or the potential goldmine that is the Kings future picks.

This is precisely why they should do it now. If everybody knows it's going to happen and "it’s a matter of when and not if” do it on your own term and when you have the most leverage and when you can extract the most value and furthermore when Mitchell won't be able to dictate to you where to send him and thus limit your return. Just trade him now before he even asks for it.
What I think some miss is that there are teams that would trade for him this year even if he is disgruntled. Because you can try and make something happen the next season and still move him with 2 years left on his deal or you have a negotiation window. So it might bring a better offer to the table that wouldn't be there otherwise. Waiting means he has more leverage in determining his destination. Knicks would need to outbid Miami or whoever is on his list... but it puts a major ding in his value. NOLA got a little lucky imo... there were some other factors in that deal that may not be present in a Donovan deal... but maybe. The agent stuff is kinda similar with Don being repped by CAA and CAA running the Knicks.

There are teams - Kings (cough) Kings - That might willing sign up for a one year rental to take their chances and then trade him later if they had to. Say they come with #4 (assuming we love Ivey), Davion, 2023 1st and 2025 1st (2027 too?)... and Barnes or pick swaps. They may justify it saying that 2023 they will be good cuz they got Don.. then they can sell him off to NY and get back like 3 picks so who cares about 2025 and the pick swaps. You can sell off Barnes if the plan was to rebuild and get additional capital.

One thing I know... Kings will Kang and eff stuff up... so just keep calling em every day.

This hits less hard than the Tim McMahon quotes were he consistently says "Donovan is not long for Utah". This is Matt Moore recycling some of the other stuff imo.. I don't think its wrong but I think he's going click bait style here.
Yeah, he never struck me as a "sources" guy. He just has a assholish style that gets replies.

I think all players have flaws. I do find it funny that Rudy gets all this criticism for his poor offense when he rarely touches the ball. His job is to set picks and roll to the basket. I don't know how many shots he averages but it can't be over 6 or 7 a game. So his mistakes are magnified when he "drops the ball." Maybe the reason why he doesn't get so many shots is because the Jazz have a lot of shooters to feed. I have seen DM play defense but the coaches made his primary job was to be the scorer/shooter so that is what he does. So perhaps his role on the team is part of his defensive weakness. I see him exhausted doing the majority of the work on the other end that he has developed the bad habit of resting on defense. I think he has the ability to do it but maybe not the will.

I would like the Jazz to give it one more year with both Rudy and DM on the team and see if they can take some of the other assets Royce/Conley/Bogey/JC to see if they could improve their team defensive-minded SF/PF who can score and play some defense. I don't know if he exists but that would be the better route. Now if there are any chance that DM wants to leave or we get a great package for Rudy then I say trade them and start the rebuild.

There are teams - Kings (cough) Kings - That might willing sign up for a one year rental to take their chances and then trade him later if they had to. Say they come with #4 (assuming we love Ivey), Davion, 2023 1st and 2025 1st (2027 too?)... and Barnes or pick swaps. They may justify it saying that 2023 they will be good cuz they got Don.. then they can sell him off to NY and get back like 3 picks so who cares about 2025 and the pick swaps. You can sell off Barnes if the plan was to rebuild and get additional capital.

One thing I know... Kings will Kang and eff stuff up... so just keep calling em every day.
I know it is the Kings but I highly doubt they would give up that much for DM. If they did I would take that package immediately.

Yeah, he never struck me as a "sources" guy. He just has a assholish style that gets replies.
He's a noted Jazz hater too... he covers the Nuggs so its natural. I actually like him okay when he was on a pod forever ago with Zach Harper... but yeah if it ain't Nuggets then I don't consider him to have great insider knowledge.