What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

OKC ain't having a single winning season with their new coach yet. And you can say that presti is the mastermind not their coach.

Borrego was fired. atkinson too. they were literally homeless man version of snyder and their fans grew tired of them too.

Udoka is that kind of coach who could take your team to the next level, yes. but he wasn't there for the celtics rebuild. that's why i said quin can go if we want to take the next steo(not sure how with this current roster), but if we just want to go through a rebuild and get out of it quickly, Quin is one of your best options out there. and like you said, if Quin's let go, all we gonna do is probably gonna bring in some unknown coaches then pray. Quin hasn't been great, but it could get worse. like much worse. Corbin level worse
And both firings were likely mistakes… Atkinson did more with less and Borrego had helped that mess a lot.

Quin is fine… he’s replaceable especially in his current state of not caring.

What we need is guys that look like Dunleavey and his crew in Portland who all looked like they were in the mob. Maybe Atkinson provides that.

And think where we’d be now if he had gotten that time???? Lmao… just take the L.
and 45min kinda matters in the context of him only getting a total of 430min his entire rookie season? all i'm trying to say is corbin wasted Rudy's rookie season and how's that even an argument lol

Woj is reporting that Snyder might walk away from the Jazz.

This is actually good news in the sense that they must be having intense discussions about play style and team structure. Both Dennis Lindsey and Quin came from the Spurs organization, and quite frankly, the Jazz might need a change of culture as well as play style. The NBA has evolved from a pick-and-roll league to isolation/drive-and-kick league. This is where some of Gobert's strengths get mitigated--on both ends really.

It wouldn't surprise me if some people in the front office said we need to move on from a Gobert-driven scheme. If the Jazz are going to trade Gobert and take a step back, that might make Quin less enthused about coaching the team next year.

Why? Teams go as far as their stars take them… our biggest improvement was always going to be Donovan going from maybe Bradley Beal to maybe Kawhi Leonard… not the same players but having a similar two way value. He had defensive tools… he had the ability to create for others. Rudy it was never possible for him to ne a 25 ppg guy… Donovan in theory could be a defensive menace. That’s why this team was always going as far as Donovan can take them… removing a star for other pieces only makes that more true. If Donovan stays the same player he will get picked on in defense and teams will switch and double and force him to make the right reads.

I’m not sure why you’d even disagree seeing as how you are the biggest Don homer here. If Donovan is good in the mavs series we win it… full stop. Does that mean he’s the only one who sucked? Nope! Even if Mike is hits his regular season averages we likely lose with Doni an playing like that.

Teams go as far as their stars take them… especially if they are a solo star.
Don had a poor series overall, but he actually had a couple good games within the series. We still lost those particular games. Our chemistry was simply terrible. Our coaching was even worse.

A top 20 NBA player isn't going to simply carry his team to a playoff series win. KD had Kyrie and couldn't advance. It's still a team game.

You can't win in the NBA without at least a couple great perimeter defenders and a couple good ones. Many could argue we don't even have one good one. Don needs to work harder on that front, but he still can't make up for roles we don't have filled.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

And both firings were likely mistakes… Atkinson did more with less and Borrego had helped that mess a lot.

Quin is fine… he’s replaceable especially in his current state of not caring.
Atkinson didn't do more. Com'on now. Did his Nets get out of the first round? Did his nets win top seed in the East? In the League? Plus he was given talented players like Russell who was a second pick overall. DM was a thirteenth pick and Rudy was 27th. So I'm not entirely sure he had that much less to work with than Quin.

Like I said, if we were gonna let Quin go, it's probably because of the money. Just don't expect someone like D'antoni or Vogel.

Its probably gonna be for some cheap young coach we never heard of. And hiring unknown young coaches is like lottery tickets. You could end up with someone like Taylor Jenkins. But also prepare for folks like Luke Walton

Why? Teams go as far as their stars take them… our biggest improvement was always going to be Donovan going from maybe Bradley Beal to maybe Kawhi Leonard… not the same players but having a similar two way value. He had defensive tools… he had the ability to create for others. Rudy it was never possible for him to ne a 25 ppg guy… Donovan in theory could be a defensive menace. That’s why this team was always going as far as Donovan can take them… removing a star for other pieces only makes that more true. If Donovan stays the same player he will get picked on in defense and teams will switch and double and force him to make the right reads.

I’m not sure why you’d even disagree seeing as how you are the biggest Don homer here. If Donovan is good in the mavs series we win it… full stop. Does that mean he’s the only one who sucked? Nope! Even if Mike is hits his regular season averages we likely lose with Doni an playing like that.

Teams go as far as their stars take them… especially if they are a solo star.
Well, Jokic took his nuggets out of the first round. Lebron got his Lakers out of the playoffs, twice...and it took him moving to another team to get AS caliber teammates to win titles. It's kinda foolish to think it all comes down to your best player, especially when you surround him with scrubs. Like Donovan dropping 57, third most points ever scored by any player in a playoff game and we still lost that game by 10. Had he scored 68pts we'd have won that game lololol

Well, Jokic took his nuggets out of the first round. Lebron got his Lakers out of the playoffs, twice...and it took him moving to another team to get AS caliber teammates to win titles. It's kinda foolish to think it all comes down to your best player, especially when you surround him with scrubs. Like Donovan dropping 57, third most points ever scored by any player in a playoff game and we still lost that game by 10. Had he scored 68pts we'd have won that game lololol

Cool… so there are instances of good star players losing… great. But look just a little closer… What was missing with that Denver team… could it be they didn’t have their other star? What about when Don went nuclear… could it be the other two stars out-starred him? Also what happened in LA this year… could it be there stars were out or hurt a lot… they’ve had one healthy playoff game run and won a title sooooooo….

THIS TEAM WILL GO AS FAR AS DONOVAN TAKES THEM… is a simplified version of tying this team to his ceiling because we have no other player with a higher potential ceiling and there are no prospects coming up at all. This teams ceiling depends on how Donovan develops… primarily as a defender and playmaker because those are the areas he is most deficient. If he improves as a shot maker that’s great too but he’s already pretty good there. If not he’s a worse version of Dame and a team lead by Dame ain’t going beyond the conference finals if they get extreme luck… if they have another bigger star they have a higher ceiling.

It’s not hard.

Don had a poor series overall, but he actually had a couple good games within the series. We still lost those particular games. Our chemistry was simply terrible. Our coaching was even worse.

A top 20 NBA player isn't going to simply carry his team to a playoff series win. KD had Kyrie and couldn't advance. It's still a team game.

You can't win in the NBA without at least a couple great perimeter defenders and a couple good ones. Many could argue we don't even have one good one. Don needs to work harder on that front, but he still can't make up for roles we don't have filled.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
Fill those holes... guess what... the team still goes as far as Donovan takes them.

He had two average games. We can win those games if he is average on offense and good on defense. If he is GOOD over the totality of the series we win... especially with Luka out 3.5 games. If he is good and Luka is healthy the whole series then we likely lose... because Luka will be the bigger star.

This doesn't mean the role guys don't matter or can't buoy up a star that is underperforming. But the ceiling of this team on average every year will be determined on how big a star Donovan becomes. If he is Beal or Dame then with Rudy they can go to the first or second round. If he gets to the Wade/Luka/Steph level or just below then you can go a lot farther. The easiest way for him to get into a higher tier is simple by being a good/very good defender instead of a bad one or by improving his playmaking... he's good there but not great.

I've seen enough to think those huge jumps aren't there for him. Would love to be surprised. This team essentially needs a third star that plays both ends of the floor to be a title team... the hope was the mix of Bogey/Conley would equal one star and Donovan makes a leap. I've seen enough there to see that isn't going to be the case.

So we can move Bogey for RoCo and Conley for Brogdon, but we will end up in the same place unless Donovan takes big leaps or if Rudy can be more dynamic (which has no chance).

Fill those holes... guess what... the team still goes as far as Donovan takes them.

He had two average games. We can win those games if he is average on offense and good on defense. If he is GOOD over the totality of the series we win... especially with Luka out 3.5 games. If he is good and Luka is healthy the whole series then we likely lose... because Luka will be the bigger star.

This doesn't mean the role guys don't matter or can't buoy up a star that is underperforming. But the ceiling of this team on average every year will be determined on how big a star Donovan becomes. If he is Beal or Dame then with Rudy they can go to the first or second round. If he gets to the Wade/Luka/Steph level or just below then you can go a lot farther. The easiest way for him to get into a higher tier is simple by being a good/very good defender instead of a bad one or by improving his playmaking... he's good there but not great.

I've seen enough to think those huge jumps aren't there for him. Would love to be surprised. This team essentially needs a third star that plays both ends of the floor to be a title team... the hope was the mix of Bogey/Conley would equal one star and Donovan makes a leap. I've seen enough there to see that isn't going to be the case.

So we can move Bogey for RoCo and Conley for Brogdon, but we will end up in the same place unless Donovan takes big leaps or if Rudy can be more dynamic (which has no chance).
I consider 23 points (on 53% shooting), 9 assists (should have been like 15 if guys would have hit wide open looks) and 8 rebounds better than an average game.

We can argue this all we want, but nobody in the NBA can carry a team on their own. Excellent players can be the difference if their team is good enough, but they can't carry a team. Minus maybe LeBron James, but he might be the only guy in the history of the league to do it.

I would love to see my old childhood friend Phil Handy get a opportunity as a head coach in the league who been assistant coach for the the Cleveland Cavs, Toronto and the Lakers who work with the great players over the years