What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

The nightmare scenario where we do nothing is becoming very real. Find it really difficult to see any of the core players being moved, even if the FO is trying to move certain players. I expect some kind of money saving move(s), but beyond that it’s hard for me to see any trades that actually affect the rotation.

Royce would be a great fit on a lot of teams. If I were a team that needed a depth wing who could shoot, I'd trade for him.

Also, the perception of Royce would greatly change if you could get him to take 2 more attempts per game from 3 and you removed him from being the guy who has to guard the best perimeter player 24/7 (and those things likely go hand in hand).

The nightmare scenario where we do nothing is becoming very real. Find it really difficult to see any of the core players being moved, even if the FO is trying to move certain players. I expect some kind of money saving move(s), but beyond that it’s hard for me to see any trades that actually affect the rotation.
Unfortunately this is correct. Just have to hope and pray Will Hardy is a significant upgrade.

Unfortunately this is correct. Just have to hope and pray Will Hardy is a significant upgrade.

Yeah, seems that way. To be fair, I think Quin left so much potential on the table by being inflexible and a terrible playoff coach. The same group with better coaching/attitude would have yielded much different results. Boston was headed to wherever we ended up, but Udoka changed that locker room and they made the finals.

With that said, this same group is really ****ing old and has some fatal flaws in roster construction unlike the Celtics. If the Jazz trick themselves into thinking doing nothing is going to work again I’ll lose it. Not only will it not work, but it will be the most boring hopeless season ever.

The Jazz are at a place where they can’t even be frauds because it’s so obvious they will fail. Last year was the most frustrating season I can remember and if we choose to run it back another year I don’t know if I can watch….of course I know I’ll watch but it will be miserable.

If the locker-room was the dysfunctional it's more than one player and it's probably more than just Rudy/Donovan.
IIRC Joe Ingles was upset after we added Rudy Gay to the rotation and changed the shot distribution. Royce was also pouting on the bench against the Mavericks when House was getting PT over him. We also lost three very good locker room guys in Favors, Ingles, and Niang.

IIRC Joe Ingles was upset after we added Rudy Gay to the rotation and changed the shot distribution. Royce was also pouting on the bench against the Mavericks when House was getting PT over him. We also lost three very good locker room guys in Favors, Ingles, and Niang.
From stuff Larsen (I think Larsen at least) said, Ingles wasnt that great in the locker-room. He was very moody.

Yeah, seems that way. To be fair, I think Quin left so much potential on the table by being inflexible and a terrible playoff coach. The same group with better coaching/attitude would have yielded much different results. Boston was headed to wherever we ended up, but Udoka changed that locker room and they made the finals.

With that said, this same group is really ****ing old and has some fatal flaws in roster construction unlike the Celtics. If the Jazz trick themselves into thinking doing nothing is going to work again I’ll lose it. Not only will it not work, but it will be the most boring hopeless season ever.

The Jazz are at a place where they can’t even be frauds because it’s so obvious they will fail. Last year was the most frustrating season I can remember and if we choose to run it back another year I don’t know if I can watch….of course I know I’ll watch but it will be miserable.
Boston also traded away Kemba Walker for Al Horford so they got way bigger at every spot moving Smart to PG, added Derrick White in season, and saw growth from all of their young guys like Robert Williams, Grant Williams, Pritchard, Tatum, and Brown.

If the locker-room was the dysfunctional it's more than one player and it's probably more than just Rudy/Donovan.
I forgot the game but Royce had a hissy fit one game when he was pulled and not put back in. I agree it takes a team to be big time dysfunctional but two players could start it and people pick sides. Or like when Mark Jackson divided the locker room with he should start over Stockton and telling other players they deserved playing time.

Source? I don't think anything like that has ever been reported.

Source? I don't think anything like that has ever been reported.
I remember listening to a locked on jazz episode where David talked about Joe commenting on it being harder to get into rhythm with the shots so spread out but they were working through it. I think it came from an after practice or shoot around interview that also showed up on the Jazz’s BR twitter feed at the time. Would’ve been early season. No link provided, I don’t got time for that.

I remember listening to a locked on jazz episode where David talked about Joe commenting on it being harder to get into rhythm with the shots so spread out but they were working through it. I think it came from an after practice or shoot around interview that also showed up on the Jazz’s BR twitter feed at the time. Would’ve been early season. No link provided, I don’t got time for that.
Seems like a pretty big stretch to say Joe was mad that Rudy Gay was added to the rotation based on this.