What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

KO/Vando/1st for Grant saves them 3.7M and it makes them worse so they get a better pick (they’re 21-35 currently).

In other news, we've won of 5 of our last 7.

The tank is a smoking wreck at the bottom of the cliff.

One of those losses was without Lauri too. The players we have were never going to be bad enough to tank.
It was always going to take a trade with negative current value. Still only 1.5 games out of 8th. I think at this point it would require a really negative trade and an injury to get bottom 7/8. We will see what DA has up his sleeve… will have to show his hand in a couple weeks.

Supposedly Milwaukee trying to upgrade by putting a few second round picks with Grayson Allen. If you can move Beasley for first round value I think you could likely do a three team deal with Phoenix and Milwaukee... Allen comes home to Utah, Vando to Phoenix, Crowder to Milwaukee. We Bucks throw in some second round picks... Phoenix ponies up a protected first... the seconds milwaukee sends go to utah and phoenix.

Phoenix gets a cheap rotation player and saves a **** ton of money this year. We'd have to send out one filler salary.

Allen is a similar player to Beasley imo... he just is going to get picked apart in the playoffs and that is why the Bucks shop him. I think Allen would actually be a better fit as he is a better passer. Makes 8.5M this year and next.
I could get behind Allen. I wanted us to keep him in the first place. He is nasty, bordering on dirty, but we need a little more nasty.

Is Book gettable? The Sun's would want to avoid the tax...
Only if they decide to blow it all up like we did. Otherwise no way.

And if they do they will ask (and likely get) a king's ransom for him.

Kevin O’Connor from The Ringer:

Marc Stein reported on Substack that the Clippers have interest in Jazz point guard Mike Conley, who thought he would be traded to the Clippers before the season. The Jazz are hanging around in the playoff race, but they’re first-round fodder better off moving their remaining veterans so that they can fall out of the play-in and into the lottery, where they intended to be in the first place. No matter what other moves they make, it’s likely that Conley, who’s 35, will be moved to a team that’ll give him a better chance of winning his first title.

Conley is a good fit offensively for the Clippers because he’s a steady playmaker who can thrive off the ball as a shooter and cutter. And though he has declined on defense, he’s had some lockdown moments this season when he’s resembled his prime self.

In the closing moments of a tight win against the Pelicans last month, Conley poked away two inbound passes intended for CJ McCollum before snaking through three screens to halt McCollum’s scoring attempt. There were levels of speed and awareness on display that the Clippers haven’t seen from Wall or Jackson.

But other teams will pursue Conley too, meaning that the Jazz will likely hold out for the best possible offer until closer to the deadline. So L.A. must scour the rest of the league. League sources say the Clippers are also interested in Kyle Lowry and Fred VanVleet.

I just feel like he is at the peak of his value. If we can cash out there, we should.
Seems like the opposite to me. He has recently been moved to the bench, his 3point percentage has went way down (it used to be in the high 40's), his advanced stats are horrible and he is still really young with room to improve. Seems to me he is at his lowest point value wise.