What's new

Training Camp #Musclewatch2018

I’ve already read that Favors is down to 251, from 265, and as a result is moving better (including laterally) than he has in a couple years. Thabo is fully healed and in pick up games and O’Neale has an improved handle and ability to get to the rim.

Last edited:
10 isn't significant enough, and 20 might raise some eyebrows for Roid use.

5 lbs would indicate potential roid use. Go to the store with this shopping list:

-2 4x3x3/4" 6 oz sirloin
-2 6x3x1" 11 oz sirloin
-2 6.5x3x1 12 oz strip
-2 lbs 93% lean hamburger
-one 38 C bra
-cling wrap
-5 lbs all purpose flour
-tarp

Lay tarp out on a clean, flat surface
In large mixing bowl, mix flour with water and stir into a thick paste. Pour onto tarp. Add food coloring swirls to add artistic flair.
Remove clothing. Roll around on tarp and get nice and slathered. Hair do optional.
Put on bra and insert 6 oz sirloin into cups.
Press 11 oz sirloin onto bicep/tricep areas.
Press 12 oz strips onto thighs. Allow these to dry firmly in place.
With help of Joe Ingles, who appears to have no interest in natural muscle tone, apply 1.5 lbs hamburger to back and shoulders, with remaining on calves, stomach, and touch up areas like inside the jock strap. Wrap body with cling wrap and massage new muscle into tone looking shapes.

Congrats, you are now a very muscular looking person.

I’ve already that ready that Favors is down to 251 from 265 and as a result moving better (including laterally) than he has in a couple years, Thabo is fully healed and in pick up games and O’Neale has an improved handle and ability to get to the rim.
Amazing sentence

Incidentally, the guy in the red shorts looks like Cameron Oliver. I think that guy could play in the league as a stretchy 4.

You would think because they have some international interest (or is promoting interest) that someone would televise the Australia games. Maybe they still will.

Add Jamal Murray to the 15 lbs of muscle group... reports are 15 lbs... not an ounce more or less.

The not so well kept secret on Jae was that he was out of shape last year - losing his mother and getting traded (on the same day IIRC) put him into a funk for a while and he had to play catch-up all year.

Looking forward to him coming out beast mode this year!

Favs was already in the best shape of his career last season. He's going to be a blocking machine.

The odds of being 270+ pounds and consistently healthy are almost zero in the NBA (I think Locke did a study on this at one point).

This was the weight Favors hovered around when he was having all those nondescript injuries.

Given the choice of a soft, overweight Favors loafing up the court or a possibly too thin Favors I'll take the latter. I see benefits to this... more lift on his jumper, quicker jumping for blocks, getting back on D more quickly and the ability to create havoc when switching onto guards. Also less strain on his back, knees, feet. The negative is that he won't be able to body up his man but that's not his game anyways.

3 and D, baby.

I totally agree, especially since we already know that he is not going to post-up very often.

You would think because they have some international interest (or is promoting interest) that someone would televise the Australia games. Maybe they still will.
The NBL has announced that all NBA games (except one) against Australian teams will be broadcast live on ESPN here, and all of them will be on NBA League Pass.

The not so well kept secret on Jae was that he was out of shape last year - losing his mother and getting traded (on the same day IIRC) put him into a funk for a while and he had to play catch-up all year.

Looking forward to him coming out beast mode this year!
I thought Jae looked fat and often winded last year. This confirms it.