What's new

Transgender and sports

The Macho Man character was modeled on the transgender High School Connecticut track athletes who took no testosterone suppressing medication.
Still waiting to hear what your source is for this claim. If they lied to you about this, will you keep using them as a source?

Still waiting to hear what your source is for this claim. If they lied to you about this, will you keep using them as a source?
That source would be transgender Connecticut High School sprinter Terry Miller via Chase Strangio, the lawyer representing Terry Miller.
"Transgender high school sophomores Terry Miller and Andraya Yearwood came in first and second place, respectively, in the 100-meter race at the State Open Finals June 4, angering some parents who complained they had a competitive advantage over non-transgender students."
"Miller did not begin suppressing testosterone until her junior year, Strangio acknowledged"

That source would be transgender Connecticut High School sprinter Terry Miller via Chase Strangio, the lawyer representing Terry Miller.
You mean, the same article that said "... Yearwood was on hormone therapy throughout high school"?

So, when you referred to "the transgender High School Connecticut track athletes who took no testosterone suppressing medication", that was a lie, because you already knew about the Washington Post article, right? Or, are you saying you spoke to Strangio directly?

You mean, the same article that said "... Yearwood was on hormone therapy throughout high school"?

So, when you referred to "the transgender High School Connecticut track athletes who took no testosterone suppressing medication", that was a lie, because you already knew about the Washington Post article, right? Or, are you saying you spoke to Strangio directly?
Terry Miller was the Connecticut High School track athlete who placed first in the state while running as a girl despite taking no testosterone suppressing medication. Some other girls complained about it being unfair and Terry Miller's response was for them to stop worrying about what medication he wasn't taking and to work harder. Matt & Trey made a South Park episode based loosely on the controversy although it focused mainly on how mixed society was on how to feel about it.

Terry Miller was the Connecticut High School track athlete who placed first in the state while running as a girl despite taking no testosterone suppressing medication. Some other girls complained about it being unfair and Terry Miller's response was for them to stop worrying about what medication he wasn't taking and to work harder. Matt & Trey made a South Park episode based loosely on the controversy although it focused mainly on how mixed society was on how to feel about it.
So, "athlete", singular (and only for two years), while "athletes" was a lie.

Also, it seems Terry Miller was correct about working harder, since Chelsea Mitchell seems to have covered the gap between them.

FWIW, I've been very pleasantly surprised by Cox so far. Wish he would have vetoed the jerrymandered district redraw, but other than that he has been much better than expected.
He seems to have a heart that is larger than his ambition. And he has made a point to get to know trans kids, which is why he isn't so flippant about their lives.

So he's a good Republican in my book. And an avid Jazz fan.

Sent from my SM-A426U using JazzFanz mobile app

Ms Thomas, 22, made history on Thursday night by becoming the first transgender person to win a National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division I title.

Ms Thomas, who competed on the University of Pennsylvania’s men’s team for three years before transitioning, beat Ms Weyant by 1.75 seconds, with a time of 4min 33.24sec.

Since moving to compete in women's competitions, Ms Thomas has smashed records and become a focal point in the ongoing debate over the eligibility of trans women to compete in elite women's sports.

Ms Thomas, 22, made history on Thursday night by becoming the first transgender person to win a National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division I title.

Ms Thomas, who competed on the University of Pennsylvania’s men’s team for three years before transitioning, beat Ms Weyant by 1.75 seconds, with a time of 4min 33.24sec.

Since moving to compete in women's competitions, Ms Thomas has smashed records and become a focal point in the ongoing debate over the eligibility of trans women to compete in elite women's sports.
The photo on that piece tells quite a story. The female swimmers don't want anything to do with Lia Thomas. BTW...the swimmer holding silver, the one Lia Thomas crushed by nearly 2 seconds, was the 2000 Olympic silver medalist in this event.

2a227ef9e86477f336291f40db009bd6

Last edited:

I'm impressed that you're so willing to prove how wrong you were. So many people would pretend that there something wrong about a transwoman competing, simply to try and support their previous position, but you posted about Thomas placing 8th in the 100m, 5th in the 200m (showing that women could and did compete), and being the slowest 500m freestyle winner since 2013, a time more reminiscent of the 1995 Rockets in terms of accomplishment than the 1996 Bulls. Well done!

I think you for bringing us good news on this topic, and for participating in the celebration.

Last edited:
The photo on that piece tells quite a story. The female swimmers don't want anything to do with Lia Thomas. BTW...the swimmer holding silver, the one Lia Thomas crushed by nearly 2 seconds, was the 2000 Olympic silver medalist in this event.

Mr. Swim Coach,

I suppose it doesn't bother a liar that the event in the Olympics that Weyant competed in was the individual medley, not the freestyle. I suppose it doesn't bother you that Thomas would have been crushed by ~30 seconds against our actual Olympic freestylers. I'm sure you're well aware that Thomas is the slowest champion 500mFr since 2013, and you just don't care about that truth, because that doesn't fit your narrative. I have no doubt you're aware that Thomas's margin of victory is about the same as the winner's margins in 2021 and 2019 (the 2020 competition being cancelled), and that the winner's margins were substantially larger in 2018 and 2017. We are all aware that truth means little to you, you just have to cherry-pick out narrow bits of data to support your hate.

What should bother you is this picture. That image brought this to my mind. Why are you so comfortable with Thomas being excluded like this? Why do you approve of the cruelty?

Why are you so comfortable with Thomas being excluded like this?
Because I think, and USA Swimming thinks, and Thomas' female competitors think Lia Thomas is cheating. Lia Thomas is being treated like a cheater. With the army of lawyers and culture warriors to bully detractors with economic warfare, no one can stop Lia Thomas from doing this but that doesn't mean everyone has to pretend to like Lia Thomas.

I'm really confused. The article says "more than 300 current and former swimmers signed their names to an open letter defending Ms Thomas' ability to compete. One of those signees was Ms Sullivan, who battled Ms Thomas for the lead for much of Thursday's race, before finishing third." That's Sullivan in that picture, I believe she's the one in the middle. So, she signed a letter saying Thomas should be allowed to compete, and then protested against her competing? Is that what you're saying?

she signed a letter saying Thomas should be allowed to compete, and then protested against her competing? Is that what you're saying?
I'm explaining why I don't feel the need to hate the girls who finished 2nd, 3rd, and 4th for being in a position for this photo to have been taken. In the words of One Brow, I am "comfortable" those three girls didn't feel compelled to have Lia stand with them for every photo. If those three swimmers wanted to gather for a photo then they should be allowed to do so.

As for 300 current and former swimmers, I would point out there are over 400,000 current members of USA Swimming. If you were to include 'current and former', that number balloons into the millions. With the aforementioned army of lawyers and culture warriors ready to threaten sponsors, it is telling that they could only muster 300 signatures.

I'm impressed that you're so willing to prove how wrong you were. So many people would pretend that there something wrong about a transwoman competing, simply to try and support their previous position, but you posted about Thomas placing 8th 9n the 100m, 5th in the 200m (showing that woman could and did compete), and being the slowest 500m freestyle winner since 2013, a time more reminiscent of the 1995 Rockets in terms of accomplishment than the 1996 Bulls. Well done!

I think you for bringing us good news on this topic, and for participating in the celebration.
I have no clue what you are blathering on about here or what point you are trying to make. Carry on.

Lia Thomas should not have been able to compete because it's simple not fair. Half (or close to) her own swim team didn't think it was fair.

You can make trans people feel accepted and they can be, but there are a few lines that have to be drawn. This is one of them.

The opinions that matter are the swimmer's/athletes.

So many people bury their heads to common sense.

You can disagree with her competing and not be transphobic. 2nd to (17th - the gal that got bumped from competing) are not transphobic for disagreeing with her competing.

Use common sense on this.