What's new

Trey Burke and Detroit

Jazz4ever

Jennings has tore his achilles and will probably be out 9 months. Realistically achilles are 2 year injuries. Beyond that Jennings only has next year on his contract and becomes unrestricted. So there is "the need" for a PG in Detroit. They were battling for the 8th playoff spot, and can't get much of a good draft pick at this point. There is also the Michigan angle to sell tickets.

I'm not advocating trading Burke, but playing armchair GM, this is the first time I've seen a "need" or "fit" for him elsewhere.

Jennings has tore his achilles and will probably be out 9 months. Realistically achilles are 2 year injuries. Beyond that Jennings only has next year on his contract and becomes unrestricted. So there is "the need" for a PG in Detroit. They were battling for the 8th playoff spot, and can't get much of a good draft pick at this point. There is also the Michigan angle to sell tickets.

I'm not advocating trading Burke, but playing armchair GM, this is the first time I've seen a "need" or "fit" for him elsewhere.

I'd take their 2015 first rounder. Don't think the Jazz want anyone on the Pistoffs roster.

Feel so bad for Jennings-- felt like the dude finally turned a corner.

I Doubt Detroit does anything major - they have DJ Augustine who is service-able. They might pick up a PG from the D-League or off waivers. They're certainly not going to blow first round pick just so they have a chance to squeeze into the 8th spot in the East.

I Doubt Detroit does anything major - they have DJ Augustine who is service-able. They might pick up a PG from the D-League or off waivers. They're certainly not going to blow first round pick just so they have a chance to squeeze into the 8th spot in the East.
Probably right

Prigioni for Datome... Book it.

Or is Detroit does something more dramatic, I could see SVG trading with Denver for Jameer Nelson.

Prigioni for Datome... Book it.

Or is Detroit does something more dramatic, I could see SVG trading with Denver for Jameer Nelson.

I don't think Nelson can handle being traded 4 times in a year, probably pulls a Larry Sanders.

I could absolutely see this happening. SVG is coach and GM... He doesn't necessarily care about future picks.

The will do something... Not sure how aggressive they will be though. Do they go for a short term fix like prigioni or does trey have enough value now and long term for them to give up the first round pick. I would do it even if it was top 3 protected.

I could absolutely see this happening. SVG is coach and GM... He doesn't necessarily care about future picks.

The will do something... Not sure how aggressive they will be though. Do they go for a short term fix like prigioni or does trey have enough value now and long term for them to give up the first round pick. I would do it even if it was top 3 protected.

You have to be an alt. Have to be. No actual user could be serious like this.

Why wouldn't Detroit take a chance on a 2nd year player. They are a team built on 2nd,3rd year players......I can easily see Trey Burke seeing a light at the end of that tunnel and going home to play where he went to college.

Why wouldn't Detroit take a chance on a 2nd year player. They are a team built on 2nd,3rd year players......I can easily see Trey Burke seeing a light at the end of that tunnel and going home to play where he went to college.

92041-are-you-talking-to-me-gif-Im-t-it4C.gif

You have to be an alt. Have to be. No actual user could be serious like this.

Really? Maybe you should post some actual reasons why this is so absurd that it couldn't come from someone being serious. Please enlighten me super smart dude.

I was also thinking Burke to Cleveland for iman shumpert.

Cleveland likes the balance they now have. I could possibly see a Detroit deal explored, especially given Burke's ties to Michigan. But I don't think they'd offer enough. There isn't pressure for Detroit to make the playoffs; SVG isn't going to lose his job if they don't. They're in the same position as we are, trying to build over the course of the next few seasons. A top-10 pick this year is probably viewed as more valuable than the #9 pick in a weak draft who has struggled with his shooting and defense.