What's new

Trey Burke and Detroit

Could Trey Burke be as good as Isiah Thomas when he came off the bench for the Kings?

If so - he could have some value.

You have any ideas whom the Jazz would go after in such a blockbuster deal?

I wish I had a better idea of who they would value, but no. If they're planning on raising Kanter's trade value to flip him as an asset, they almost have to do so before the trade deadline. RFA just creates so many issues if you try to trade him. If he puts up 20-10 between now and the deadline, I can see him having significant value. I'd personally be targeting young wings on their rookie contracts to pair with Gordon Hayward, but there's nothing to suggest that anybody is looking to move a guy like that. I don't see the value in trading Kanter for peanuts, but if the Jazz aren't committed to keeping him long-term they should try to get as much value as they can. It makes more sense (to me at least) to package Kanter, Burke and multiple 1st round picks for a guy that DL believes will break out.

It all depends on their attitude towards Burke and Kanter. If they want them both, they'll just keep them and wait for a deal to come along with the assets that they still have available to burn. I could totally see that too.

Could Trey Burke be as good as Isiah Thomas when he came off the bench for the Kings?

If so - he could have some value.

No Burke isn't nearly as good as IT unfortunately. I do think its a good role for him...

I wish I had a better idea of who they would value, but no. If they're planning on raising Kanter's trade value to flip him as an asset, they almost have to do so before the trade deadline. RFA just creates so many issues if you try to trade him. If he puts up 20-10 between now and the deadline, I can see him having significant value. I'd personally be targeting young wings on their rookie contracts to pair with Gordon Hayward, but there's nothing to suggest that anybody is looking to move a guy like that. I don't see the value in trading Kanter for peanuts, but if the Jazz aren't committed to keeping him long-term they should try to get as much value as they can. It makes more sense (to me at least) to package Kanter, Burke and multiple 1st round picks for a guy that DL believes will break out.

It all depends on their attitude towards Burke and Kanter. If they want them both, they'll just keep them and wait for a deal to come along with the assets that they still have available to burn. I could totally see that too.

I like the way you think just don't think that player is out there currently. Wing depth is low right now... Hence the reason Hayward and parsons both got big deals.

I also don't think someone opens the vault for Kanter... There are a lot of good bigs out there.

No Burke isn't nearly as good as IT unfortunately. I do think its a good role for him...

It's kinda sad but passing doesn't seem to come naturally to him, he actually has to make an effort to do it. Classic example was last game IIRC when he's on a fast break with a trailing Kanter. The right play would have been to pass it to him for a dunk but he went himself and couldn't finish the layup and was fouled.

As a scoring PG he is probably best coming off the bench ala Isiah Thomas ....

It's kinda sad but passing doesn't seem to come naturally to him, he actually has to make an effort to do it. Classic example was last game IIRC when he's on a fast break with a trailing Kanter. The right play would have been to pass it to him for a dunk but he went himself and couldn't finish the layup and was fouled.

As a scoring PG he is probably best coming off the bench ala Isiah Thomas ....

Agreed. That play pissed me off... It was the right play and you need to reward the bigs for running hard. I don't think trey is selfish... Just don't think it comes naturally.

Yahoo Sources: Charlotte's pursuing trade avenues to replace Kemba Walker, with Sacramento's Ramon Sessions and Heat's Norris Cole on radar.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) January 26, 2015

Might they be interested in a certain Trey Burke?

Might they be interested in a certain Trey Burke?

What compensation would you want back? Outside of maybe Vonleh or Zeller, I can't think of anyone I'd really want and I don't think their draft pick is going to be worth anything. I'd say pass.

What compensation would you want back? Outside of maybe Vonleh or Zeller, I can't think of anyone I'd really want and I don't think their draft pick is going to be worth anything. I'd say pass.

I'd take the draft pick... It would likely be lotto protected. It'd be the 15th or 16th pick. I'm sure QuinSnydershair will think it's ludicrous that'd i would suggest he has that kind of value.

Vonleh would be interesting, but he wouldn't get much run here... not really a position of need atm. Not sure I'd throw in the towel on him already if I'm the Hornets.

Why wouldn't you be interested in their pick? I've been looking for a way for us to get another late-lottery up to No. 20 pick... (I like Devin Booker or Justin Anderson there, or it can be used to move up if we really like somebody)

I could see Trey Burke moved to Charlotte or possibly Detroit. I'd take Charlotte's pick. Charlotte without Kemba Walker probably falls out of the playoffs. I'd throw in a Jeremy Evans or a 2nd if that made a difference.

The best we'd get draft pick wise would be mid-late 1st rounder for Trey. If you were one of the other 13 lottery teams would you trade your pick for Trey Burke?

The best we'd get draft pick wise would be mid-late 1st rounder for Trey. If you were one of the other 13 lottery teams would you trade your pick for Trey Burke?

I might if I have a need for a PG and I'm in the East where it's easier to compete and Trey should thrive there.