What's new

Trey Burke and his shooting (and the Jazz winning)

In games where Trey misses 10 or more shots, the Jazz are 1 - 4 (.200).

In games where Trey misses 9 or fewer shots, the Jazz are 4 - 4 (.500).

In games where Trey misses 6 or fewer shots, the Jazz are 3 - 1 (.750).

Not a big sample here, but the Jazz appear to be markedly more successful when Trey throws fewer bricks.

The problem isn't really that Trey is shooting. The problem is that Trey is missing.

The problem isn't really that Trey is shooting. The problem is that Trey is missing.

Maybe the philosophy should be "if you don't shoot it, you can't miss it."

Yep, just updated the info.

BTW, you do realize the team lost, right?

In addition to his inconsistent shooting, Trey's defense is also often a liability. I'm not saying Burke is the reason we lost last night. Anthony Davis was basically unstoppable. But Trey's matchup with J'rue Holiday in the 4th quarter was a mismatch that the Pellies exploited until Burke was pulled.

Burke was really good last night and should get no blame for the loss

Because a good offensive game makes up for bad defense?
Everyone in the nba gets scored on imo.
Nobody is shutting anyone down.

Also, trey was not guarding Davis iirc.
And I remember trey getting two blocks.

He played a very good game

Everyone in the nba gets scored on imo.
Nobody is shutting anyone down.
I never expect anyone to be "shut down" but slowed down would be nice. Holiday scored at will in the second half. It was disturbing.

You are right though, many players played poorly and barely competed on defense, not just Trey. He is not the sole reason the team lost.

Max Jimmeh Butler. Or trade for Bradley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Max? No but I'd throw 5 years, 70M at him--if we even have the space to do it. My concern would be is he a product of Thibs and Noah? My other concern would be how it affects our ability to get better up front since it seems evident Kanter is not going to be a starter on a team that makes a deep playoff run. Basically, that would be a ton of money tied up at sg and sf, in him, Burks and Hayward.

Max? No but I'd throw 5 years, 70M at him--if we even have the space to do it. My concern would be is he a product of Thibs and Noah? My other concern would be how it affects our ability to get better up front since it seems evident Kanter is not going to be a starter on a team that makes a deep playoff run. Basically, that would be a ton of money tied up at sg and sf, in him, Burks and Hayward.

To piggyback off of this (from dal's post earlier), if we signed Butler to 5 years, 70M, we'd have what, him, Hayward, Burks and Favors at about 50M next year? Add in Burke and Exum and that virtually assures us of the fact that we do not re-sign Kanter...which I'm fine with fwiw...but it also means we probably won't have the space to sign any big to put alongside Favors for the next five years.