What's new

Trey Burke and his shooting (and the Jazz winning)

it seems evident Kanter is not going to be a starter on a team that makes a deep playoff run.

Kanter has the 3rd best PER on the team right now, only behind Favors and Hayward. He's also posting 20 pts and 10 rebs per 36 right now. Get a grip. Everything isn't Kanter's fault again.

Kanter has the 3rd best PER on the team right now, only behind Favors and Hayward. He's also posting 20 pts and 10 rebs per 36 right now. Get a grip. Everything isn't Kanter's fault again.
Kanter is really frustrating me though. I look at Zach Randolph and he is not a special or even average defender but he gets in the way and he rebounds. If Kanter could do that then I think that would really change things for this team.

The lack of rebounding from the bigs is really concerning. It is the biggest reason for the bad defense IMO. The team is giving up way too many offensive rebounds to the other team.

Let's take the game last night. Between turnovers and 2nd chance attempts the Pelicans took 22 more shots than the Jazz. The Jazz lost by 12 points. You do the math. Rebounding is THE biggest issue that needs to be corrected.

Kanter is really frustrating me though. I look at Zach Randolph and he is not a special or even average defender but he gets in the way and he rebounds. If Kanter could do that then I think that would really change things for this team.

The lack of rebounding from the bigs is really concerning. It is the biggest reason for the bad defense IMO. The team is giving up way too many offensive rebounds to the other team.

Let's take the game last night. Between turnovers and 2nd chance attempts the Pelicans took 22 more shots than the Jazz. The Jazz lost by 12 points. You do the math. Rebounding is THE biggest issue that needs to be corrected.

Kanter played 18 mins last night, and is only getting 23 mins per game this season. The rebounding issue doesn't lie with him. He is grabbing 11.6% offensive rebounds and 19.7% on defensive rebounding. That 11.6% is actually an elite percentage. For instance, Joakim Noah is considered one of the best at it, yet he is only grabbing 10.7% of offensive rebounds this year.

So who are the real rebounding culprits on our team?

Trevor Booker plays 20 mins a contest, but only grabs 7.4% of offensive boards and 15.1% of defensive boards. He played 24 mins last night. Also, Trevor's TOV% is 16.2 compared to Kanter's 15%.. The real TO culprit is Rudy, though, at 20.2%!

Steve Novak ocassionaly sees minutes that eats into Kanter's time, but he grabs 0% of the offensive boards. That is not a typo.

The Trevor Booker thing was fun for a minute, but Kanter is the better player, and therefore should be seeing more of the time, instead of having it split equally.

The Trevor Booker thing was fun for a minute, but Kanter is the better player, and therefore should be seeing more of the time, instead of having it split equally.

I agree

Kanter played 18 mins last night, and is only getting 23 mins per game this season. The rebounding issue doesn't lie with him. He is grabbing 11.6% offensive rebounds and 19.7% on defensive rebounding. That 11.6% is actually an elite percentage. For instance, Joakim Noah is considered one of the best at it, yet he is only grabbing 10.7% of offensive rebounds this year.

So who are the real rebounding culprits on our team?

Trevor Booker plays 20 mins a contest, but only grabs 7.4% of offensive boards and 15.1% of defensive boards. He played 24 mins last night. Also, Trevor's TOV% is 16.2 compared to Kanter's 15%.. The real TO culprit is Rudy, though, at 20.2%!

Steve Novak ocassionaly sees minutes that eats into Kanter's time, but he grabs 0% of the offensive boards. That is not a typo.

Yep, the Booker shine has completely wore off for me. His defense is not great and his offense looks sketchy at times. Doesn't deserve 20 mpg IMO.

lmfao if anyone thinks we lost tonight because Burke took the 2nd most shots.

People be gettin stupid on Burke. He obviously has hand problems again he cant dribble or at least he couldn't first ten games. Now he can and now he makin the haters look stupid. Tell me who else has a top 15 point guard in his second year besides my Jazz?

[size/HUGE] boobs [/size];943950 said:
People be gettin stupid on Burke. He obviously has hand problems again he cant dribble or at least he couldn't first ten games. Now he can and now he makin the haters look stupid. Tell me who else has a top 15 point guard in his second year besides my Jazz?
No one because TB is NOT a top-15 PG.