What's new

Trey Burke is 2nd in scoring among sophomores

Hedda Gambler

I can`t think of a single year that we wouldn`t be extatic with getting the 2nd highest scoring sophomore with the 9th pick in the draft - except for this one...

I can`t think of a single year that we wouldn`t be extatic with getting the 2nd highest scoring sophomore with the 9th pick in the draft - except for this one...

and he's never going to lead a winning team the way he plays and with his physical limitations unfortunately. As an example his lack of basic understanding of when to pass on a fast break is staggeringly bad for a 1

It's like being runner up at the "Upper Class Twit of the Year" show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imWlSMgMFGE

That is like saying you have had sex with the second most amount of women out of every member of Jazzfanz (behind me of course). Nothing impressive considering the rest of the competition.

That is like saying you have had sex with the second most amount of women out of every member of Jazzfanz (behind me of course). Nothing impressive considering the rest of the competition.

Not just that, but more shots than points scored means all the women looked something like Rosie O'Donnell.

If he wasn't horrible ineffecient it would be amazing. If he maintained that PPG on 4-6 less shots a game...then that would make him much more of a threat.

Not all that impressive for either of you since all of the women are from Provo...

"Moving down to Provo, gonna get me a lot of fat chicks... Millions of fat chicks, fat chicks for me..."

As much as he has seemed to improve some in recent weeks, we really need to take a step back and see.

1) More shot attempts than points is historically awful especially when you take as many shots as he does despite being a point guard
2) He's an awful defender

So what's to like? He knows how to run a team? But does he really? He takes sooooo many shots.

The move to the bench has been good for the team but possibly bad for Burke's growth. Utah needed some scoring off the bench and he certainly brings that, as he becomes the focal point for the second unit and doesn't have to share the ball with Hayward, Favors, or Kanter. However, being the focal point of the offense doesn't help his shoot-first mentality. I am surprised that CQS hasn't reined him in at all. Starting or off the bench, he is still shooting more shots than Hayward and that should not be the case.

He has good Assists/TO ratio. Probably the most important stat for a PG. He is an ok passer I guess? Scoring and defense is really important too and he needs to improve that as well.

And he's probably the only one with more shots taken than points...

FGA=568
PTS=559
After a check with the basketball referenc site, it turns out he's not the only one, which comes to confirm just how bad of a draft that is:

MCW: 554/552
Anthony Bennett: 247/246
Ray McCallum: 130:125

Bennett's numbers are probably most shocking since he's a big and is supposed to have much better FG%...

As soon I read the title, I was about to post he is probably first in shooting (attempts)

Seems I'm a little late to point this out