What's new

Trey Burke

magic

I can't believe I'm posting this, but the guy should start. I think the chemistry killer of starting Mack is worse than Trey's terrible defense.

Moreover, Trey is the only one that hasn't had a chance to start. He was initially starting off the bench to produce offense for the second unit, and is not even being used for that anymore. We are not going to get any trade value for him in the off-season by just sitting him.

The results from Neto and Mack at minimum warrant giving Trey a chance to start for a few games.

Neto/Hood/Hayward/Favors/Gobert: +53 in 299 minutes
Mack/Hood/Hayward/Favors/Gobert: +17 in 66 minutes
Burke/Hood/Hayward/Favors/Gobert: -23 in 42 minutes

I don't really understand why they should choose door number 3.

He definitely shouldn't start. But I think there is an argument (without looking at stats so maybe you can help here) that Trey coming off the bench, playing with bench players, was effective. He was a big part of the winning streak and keeping us above water through Dec/Jan.

Macks arc of hero to chemistry killer has been incredibly fast even for this board. He's the best of the three... He'll learn how to play better.

Burke is better than Neto when he's engaged but he might be checked out and clearly will not be around next year.

Don't be bringing facts in here. What's wrong with you?

I doubt 42 minutes is a statistically significant sample.

In all around impact there's not much difference between any of them. Burke received his first DNP ever last night. EVER. 200 games. I'd say that's fairly kind of the Jazz given how bad Trey has been at times. The Jazz have moved on from Burke's entitlement minutes for being the 9th draft pick, so should we.

I say this withoutdisgrace that I hope you can all feel so honor to have Mr Andy come here. This si a huge honor and I love it so much!

I think TB should still be getting the back up minutes - we need his offense with the 2nd unit.

So for the past year people have been crying to trade Burke away for nothing, but now that he is finally benched we want him back?

Jazzfanz

I'm not sure why Mack ever started. Neto was improving and we were getting hot. Why **** with a good thing and bring in a 3rd string pg and hand him the reins as a starter for a team?

So for the past year people have been crying to trade Burke away for nothing, but now that he is finally benched we want him back?

Jazzfanz
I don't want him back

Our hot streak wasn't a good thing? And it's not about being better, it's about being a better fit with the personnel that would be around him.

That, given the schedule, would have ended with or without Mack in the lineup.

And the losses you blame on Mack's chemistry?

Are Burke and Neto so fragile that bringing in a guy that has clearly played better than they have means they shut down?

Actually wouldn't mind seeing Neto start and Mack come off the bench with Burks and Lyles once Alec gets healthy. I think that trio with Johnson and either Rudy or Favors would be pretty darned good.