What's new

Trey Burke

1 simple question: What did Burke do that he's getting zero playing time?
Does Snyder think he's unplayable when his goal is sneaking into the playoffs or did Burke say/do something that warrants an inofficial suspension?

His very limited skill set, scoring with limited efficiency, is not needed with this team considering all the negatives in his game. When you have Hayward, Hood and Favors scoring at a solid clip, if you can only score, but less efficiently than them, and can't defend lick nor set up your teammates well, you become a net negative.

A player like Burke is like an Augustin, a Robinson or a Brooks in the Chicago Bulls' Thibodeau system : If you have a team built on a very strong defensive identity where the other 4 players cover for you and you have quasi unlimited shooting tickets to try and get even mediocre efficiency buckets, than the "midget 39% shooting scoring PG" can work. It's not pretty, but it can work.. Not here nor in the majority of the league though.

My guess is Burke will soon be making solid enough money being the scoring leader /Ball hog in chief in a team in Russia, Spain or China in 2/3 years.

1 simple question: What did Burke do that he's getting zero playing time?
Does Snyder think he's unplayable when his goal is sneaking into the playoffs or did Burke say/do something that warrants an inofficial suspension?

I would put my money on the latter. I still think Burke should have gotten a shot at starting when we went on that losing streak.

Snyder actually gets to see these people play on a daily basis though, so he obviously has a better idea of who to play. And apparently he sees Mack doing things that Burke and Neto can't do (or can't do as well).

I would start neto and bring Burke off the bench.

Mack would ride pine.

We had two good stretches of basketball this season. During both neto was starting and trey is needed as a scorer off the bench... At least until Burks comes back. If he ever does

oops

It is good to see the Jazz are finally accepting the reality here. They and TB gave it a great try, but he just does not have enough of what it takes to make it in this league. Too bad they did not see it on draft night. I remember that November of TB rookie year when he was looking pretty good and they interviewed the "NBA scout" on the radio. That guy pointed out how TB's lack of speed and athleticism did not bode well for his future.

Still gotta wonder if DL got overruled by the old guard of Ty/Jer/KOC that night. He is on record saying that Ty wanted Burke.

It is good to see the Jazz are finally accepting the reality here. They and TB gave it a great try, but he just does not have enough of what it takes to make it in this league. Too bad they did not see it on draft night. I remember that November of TB rookie year when he was looking pretty good and they interviewed the "NBA scout" on the radio. That guy pointed out how TB's lack of speed and athleticism did not bode well for his future.

Still gotta wonder if DL got overruled by the old guard of Ty/Jer/KOC that night. He is on record saying that Ty wanted Burke.

I remember Trey's dad saying he just wasn't in the same category as that NBA All Star Kendall Marshall. That was the guy Horny ran off in Phoenix and has bounced around the league and the DLeague. That interview should have given the Jazz front office pause.