What's new

Trey Burke

Not because I'm Brazilian or anything :p

No I agree, Neto has earned a starting spot if you ask me. At least this season.

No, i swear! Hahaha. I thought he would not be good enough to start.

But last month proved to me that I was wrong. He can keep improving.

Neto/Hood/Hayward/Favors/Gobert: +53 in 299 minutes
Mack/Hood/Hayward/Favors/Gobert: +17 in 66 minutes
Burke/Hood/Hayward/Favors/Gobert: -23 in 42 minutes

I don't really understand why they should choose door number 3.

As someone already mentioned in the thread, 42 minutes is a small sample size. Moreover, playing random minutes in the 3rd quarter or so is much different than starting the game with the other 4 players.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mack's +/- is now in the negative when accounting for the few games after this thread was made.

However, those numbers are irrelevant because what matters is the win/loss column and in that category Mack sucks. So I still stand by statement that Trey Burke should get a chance to start.

If one good game gives Mack the start, then surely 4 or 5 bad games should remove him from the starting lineup even though he should have never started to begin with. That is what killed the chemistry of the team.

However, those numbers are irrelevant because what matters is the win/loss column and in that category Mack sucks. So I still stand by statement that Trey Burke should get a chance to start.

If one good game gives Mack the start, then surely 4 or 5 bad games should remove him from the starting lineup even though he should have never started to begin with.

I agree with this. I wasn't a fan of starting Mack in the first place, but feel like he definitely shouldn't be starting now. So if Snyder doesn't want to start Neto for whatever reason I think Trey deserves a shot.

That is what killed the chemistry of the team.

Well, the chemistry is kind of a chicken & egg thing. If starting Mack had worked and the Jazz had continued to win at a good pace, then the chemistry would be just fine. But it didn't, so the chemistry is now messed up. Or was it that they didn't win because the chemistry was slightly messed up, which then led to it being more messed up? Hard to say.

With the lack of production from Neto and Mack why not start Burke? Why was the best solution to bench Neto, stop playing Burke and start Mack after a couple of games? If you give Shelvin a chance to start why not Trey? What do you have to lose? Trey has had way more "good" games than Shelving this season shouldn't that be enough to get a shot with the starting group and be the floor general instead of scorer off the bench?

exum should start. oh wait damn it...

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

With the lack of production from Neto and Mack why not start Burke? Why was the best solution to bench Neto, stop playing Burke and start Mack after a couple of games? If you give Shelvin a chance to start why not Trey? What do you have to lose? Trey has had way more "good" games than Shelving this season shouldn't that be enough to get a shot with the starting group and be the floor general instead of scorer off the bench?

This is the Richard Jefferson argument all over again. Trey won't be a member of the team next season. There is ZERO reason to play him. Give Mack some burn so Utah can decide whether to pick up his option next season.

I'll admit I'm not watching games anymore, but just going by the box scores, it seems like Utah is generally keeping pace with teams in the 1st and 3rd. Memphis and New Orleans showed that. The Atlanta game saw Utah have a great 1st (although the 3rd was bad). Utah played GS pretty tight in the 1st. Yes, Utah needs a better PG (and I'm not sure a poor-shooting Exum will be the answer). But more importantly, Utah needs a competent bench with players who can make baskets.

I would start neto and bring Burke off the bench.

Mack would ride pine.

We had two good stretches of basketball this season. During both neto was starting and trey is needed as a scorer off the bench... At least until Burks comes back. If he ever does

Neto/Hood/Hayward/Favors/Gobert: +53 in 299 minutes
Mack/Hood/Hayward/Favors/Gobert: +17 in 66 minutes
Burke/Hood/Hayward/Favors/Gobert: -23 in 42 minutes

I don't really understand why they should choose door number 3.

Because it has the smallest sample size. Look, I'm not a huge Burke fan, but even I have to admit that throwing up these numbers is very misleading. For example, how many of those 299 minutes are in 8+ min blocks? You know, for a group to really show chemistry. We just don't know. I would fully expect Neto to have the best numbers, he's had 299 minutes with that team and in very long continuous blocks.

Because it has the smallest sample size. Look, I'm not a huge Burke fan, but even I have to admit that throwing up these numbers is very misleading. For example, how many of those 299 minutes are in 8+ min blocks? You know, for a group to really show chemistry. We just don't know. I would fully expect Neto to have the best numbers, he's had 299 minutes with that team and in very long continuous blocks.

At least Trey competed last night. The only Jazz player with a plus was Withey. His picture is on the back of a milk carton he's used so often now by QS.

If Trey is mentally engaged I feel like he's our best pg... He checked out for 10 games for who knows why and Quin yanked him... I do feel like he gets the quickest hook of any of the guys. I love the way he fights back. He will be a decent backup for someone.

Trey has some talent -- As I've said before his ceiling is Mo Williams. But the problem is that he's not a good fit for our team. Mack, unfortunately, has limited talent. The way he was abused by the Atlanta PGs and his poor play against GS show that he definitely is not the answer. You can't blame Quinn for trying because I think Quinn was thinking he would provide better defense being bigger than Neto or Trey. The problem is that he is less of an offensive threat than either, and I think Neto actually is a better defender against the quicker PGs.

Guess I was wrong about Mack ... I think his problem with Atlanta and GS was the quickness of their PGs. Neto is definitely quicker. But he had so much difficulty with their quickness that it affected his composure.

1 simple question: What did Burke do that he's getting zero playing time?
Does Snyder think he's unplayable when his goal is sneaking into the playoffs or did Burke say/do something that warrants an inofficial suspension?

1 simple question: What did Burke do that he's getting zero playing time?
Does Snyder think he's unplayable when his goal is sneaking into the playoffs or did Burke say/do something that warrants an inofficial suspension?

What team rolls with three PGs getting significant playing time at that PG position?