What's new

Trey ties for the worst 3 point shooting night in the past 28 years....

It's as if you're never around anymore. The board is too rational.

Did you get it doe? I can never be too sure

Of course I got it - hence the question!!

Too busy with work ATM unfortunately... will probably be back fully in about 3-4 months time... @__@

Is it just me, or does he shoot a lot of his shots on the way down?

It definitely seems like that. I especially hate the one where he goes around the screen and then pulls up for a midrange j and tries to get directly in front of his dude, leans way forward, and releases way late. I guess he's really scared of it getting blocked or something, but it never looks like it should be a good shot. I will say tho, that it doesn't seem to make his shot any worse than normal, so maybe that's not a big deal, he just shoots an awful percentage in the first place. And his shot looks flat as ****, yes.

What makes it worse is he kept shooting the ball. How about pass it to your teammates? Quinn looks bad not taking him out. He is getting lit up by Teague and can't make a shot. Please let Exum play more.. he played well tonight.

he was actually wide open for a good amount of shots.

nba_g_cjmiles1_576.jpg

Attachments

• nba_g_cjmiles1_576.jpg
    nba_g_cjmiles1_576.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 14
I totally understand that some nights a player just doesnt have his shot. I mean I've had those days back in high school and in rec leagues...what makes me mad if that if your shot is THAT off, then you don't shoot. You pass the ball and try to get an easy layup to just to get some sort of groove back, not just keep jacking up 3's. He needs a good offseason to fix his shot because something is broken, he wasn't this bad in college

lets not kid ourselves... CJ's WORST season in Utah... the one where we were all asking for his head... Was still better than Trey's season so far

CJvTB_zps351e113e.png

That table also doesn't show that his normalized WS rate was almost 6 times better than treys, (Trey -> 0.011, CJ -> 0.063)

lets not kid ourselves... CJ's WORST season in Utah... the one where we were all asking for his head... Was still better than Trey's season so far

CJvTB_zps351e113e.png

That table also doesn't show that his normalized WS rate was almost 6 times better than treys, (Trey -> 0.011, CJ -> 0.063)

To be fair, wasn't Miles a 6 year pro throwing up those numbers on a team that actually had some players on it? That is not really the same situation.

CJvTB_zps351e113e.png

CJ Miles was also a bench player getting minutes against other bench players (he did start 14 games, but that is out of 56). Burke is a starting PG in the toughest division at that division's most stacked position (and the league's). He has a much harder job, so it's really tough to compare the players. I would take a Trey in a bench role over CJ in a bench role.

CJ Miles was also a bench player getting minutes against other bench players (he did start 14 games, but that is out of 56). Burke is a starting PG in the toughest division at that division's most stacked position (and the league's). He has a much harder job, so it's really tough to compare the players. I would take a Trey in a bench role over CJ in a bench role.

I would be okay with Trey being a backup pg, but the truth is that he isn't. CJ's role was to score and provide defense, so him chucking up shots and missing like he did was him failing at his role. Same thing with Burke, but I think it's worse. He was drafted as a PG, a floor general, a person to run the team, but his dismal assists and him chucking shots up totally goes against that role. So I would agree to a point that CJ was better, but he also had 5-6 years to improve his game. If you give Burke that same amount of time I'm sure he can get better of course, but right now he is pathetic.

Really, my comparison to him and CJ was more like, "pretty good for one game, then terrible for the next 4."

Is it just me, or does he shoot a lot of his shots on the way down?
I have always said this is his biggest problem. Since day one

I would be okay with Trey being a backup pg, but the truth is that he isn't. CJ's role was to score and provide defense, so him chucking up shots and missing like he did was him failing at his role. Same thing with Burke, but I think it's worse. He was drafted as a PG, a floor general, a person to run the team, but his dismal assists and him chucking shots up totally goes against that role. So I would agree to a point that CJ was better, but he also had 5-6 years to improve his game. If you give Burke that same amount of time I'm sure he can get better of course, but right now he is pathetic.

Did you even read what I said?

You can't compare the 2. Completely different roles, completely different degree of difficulty in said role, and against completely different level of competition.

To be fair, wasn't Miles a 6 year pro throwing up those numbers on a team that actually had some players on it? That is not really the same situation.

fair enough, but now i'm just curious, so lets look at it this way. CJ reached as many minutes played (3k-ish) as burke has in his 4th season, where he was 21 years old (trey is 22). In that season, he shot 46%,35%,88%. For his career up to that point, he was shooting 42%,31%,76%.