What's new

Trey ties for the worst 3 point shooting night in the past 28 years....

Did you even read what I said?

You can't compare the 2. Completely different roles, completely different degree of difficulty in said role, and against completely different level of competition.

And light years apart on development. Miles was 24 coming straight from high school. He should have been near the peak of his development after 6 years. Trey isn't even midway through his second year in the NBA.

fair enough, but now i'm just curious, so lets look at it this way. CJ reached as many minutes played (3k-ish) as burke has in his 4th season, where he was 21 years old (trey is 22). In that season, he shot 46%,35%,88%. For his career up to that point, he was shooting 42%,31%,76%.

That was a damn good Jazz squad with Prime Deron, Boozer, Memo, and Mathews, and Millsap coming off the Bench. There was no pressure or responsibility on CJ at all. Burke on the other hand was having a string of good games until the disaster where he lost three levels of shooting guards. He reacted to the challenge to up his game poorly by taking extra shots instead of creating more offense to fill in the gap. If Burke is going to continue to start, he needs to limit his outside shooting and continue to drive the hole. His bigs are good enough that positive things happen when he does that.

That was a damn good Jazz squad with Prime Deron, Boozer, Memo, and Mathews, and Millsap coming off the Bench. There was no pressure or responsibility on CJ at all. Burke on the other hand was having a string of good games until the disaster where he lost three levels of shooting guards. He reacted to the challenge to up his game poorly by taking extra shots instead of creating more offense to fill in the gap. If Burke is going to continue to start, he needs to limit his outside shooting and continue to drive the hole. His bigs are good enough that positive things happen when he does that.

We just needed more length.

Come on DL, pull a trade and get us a back court. It doesn't matter who we play, we will always be out gunned at pg. Trey is the worst starting 1 in the league. Now that Burks is injured, we are going to be out gunned at the 2.

It's going to get really ugly for the rest of the year. Help me DL, you are our only hope(Star Wars reference).

Regardless of what you may think of Trey, it is pretty remarkable how he returned from yesterday's performance. It must have been one of the most embarrassing and bitter pills he has ever had to swallow and yet he came back and had a great game tonight. It speaks a lot about who he is as a person and I really admired it.

I am not a huge Trey Burke fan, nor do I think he is the point guard of the future. I just want to give him credit for what he did today.

Got to give it up for Trey. He doesn't lack drive or confidence. He didn't run away and hide. He got right back on the horse, and had a monster night. The jury is still out on Trey, and even when he sucks overall there is a lot I like. His driving ability, his passing, handles, confidence, etc. I don't see a crappy player. I see a young one that completely sucks some nights. The jury is still out.