What's new

Truck owners?

Well I like to go fishing and camping and was planning to buy a boat soon as well. So my new car needed to have decent towing capability... and as I mentioned I was looking into Explorer or other similar car and not really thinking about the truck until they discussed all the reasons to go with it at dealership. I am still researching cons and pros and will test drive one on Saturday to see how it feels. Maybe I will hate it lol.

Buying a boat def changes things.

Reactions: MVP
Tell them $0. It should only add $30 a month to your payments.
Generally, from my experience when they see that you are not convinced or say that you going to test drive some competitors they do all they can to make sure you stay with them. I will see if $0 down will work lol.

Generally, from my experience when they see that you are not convinced or say that you going to test drive some competitors they do all they can to make sure you stay with them. I will see if $0 down will work lol.

It has in my experience. The monthly amount just changes to compensate.

Hey guys. So I was thinking about new car and was looking into larger SUV options so I would have an option to tow a fishing boat and maybe camper in the future. But right now they have such an amazing deals on Ford F-150's that I am seriously thinking about getting one. What is your experience, tips and advice for first time truck owner? Is it a difficult transition when it comes to driving compared to SUV? Any other cons and pros? Just share your experience please:)
Fair warning. You will be asked to help haul ****... a lot! I've had near strangers ask to help them move. One friend asked if I'd take a truck full of furniture from Utah to Cali when he moved there. You either get abused or have to be a dick.

Fair warning. You will be asked to help haul ****... a lot! I've had near strangers ask to help them move. One friend asked if I take a truck full of furniture from Utah to Cali. You either get abused or have to be a dick.
hahaha, yes I asked few truck owners to help before as well:))))

Just tell them you have plans. All the time.

Or tell them it’s a lease with 10,000 miles (it actually prob does at that price) and have been shaky with mileage and are trying not to drive it unless you have to because you don’t want to go over.

Hey guys. So I was thinking about new car and was looking into larger SUV options so I would have an option to tow a fishing boat and maybe camper in the future. But right now they have such an amazing deals on Ford F-150's that I am seriously thinking about getting one. What is your experience, tips and advice for first time truck owner? Is it a difficult transition when it comes to driving compared to SUV? Any other cons and pros? Just share your experience please:)

Get a Toyota Hilux. They're bulletproof.

2016_Toyota_HiLux_Invincible_D-4D_4WD_2.4_Front.jpg

They don't sell these in Canada? Bastards run forever, favoured car of insurgents around the world.

I have a 2016 Silverado.
I had a Nissan Xterra before that but wanted to get a bigger trailer that my Xterra wouldn't be able to pull.

Man I miss my Xterra. I have had probably about 10 vehicles or so in my lifetime and Xterra is my favorite by far. It's not even close.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Thanks for all replies. I am looking into Ford because they have great deals now and since I have been driving Fords for pretty much last 15 years now....I was thinking Explorer first but price difference is such that it just makes no sense now.... and apparently F-150 with 2.7 Eco boost engine gets better fuel economy than Explorer anyway. Plus you still can tow 7500lbs so seems like no brainer for me.

That small of engine makes enough power? Damn. If you get it let us know how it tows. I'd be skeptical to put a full load behind an engine that small.

What years have you had?

I had an 06 Dodge before. I didnt have any problems with it falling apart.

My 05 has held up well enough all around, until a few weeks ago when I blew a seat and put a baseball sized hole in my block. Towing about 8500 lbs running near redline for too long. I've been pretty happy with the truck. My only complaint has been the ****** gas mileage compared to the newer vvt and mds engines. I don't get 12 hwy, about 6 towing.

My 05 has held up well enough all around, until a few weeks ago when I blew a seat and put a baseball sized hole in my block. Towing about 8500 lbs running near redline for too long. I've been pretty happy with the truck. My only complaint has been the ****** gas mileage compared to the newer vvt and mds engines. I don't get 12 hwy, about 6 towing.

They need a idestroyedthetoilet edition.

Everything is bulletproof these days as long as you use as intended, but yeah if you live somewhere like you do and chase wallabies a Hilux might be a good call. Might be ok for chasing your dealer through the desert too.

https://www.thesprucepets.com/pet-wallabies-1238323

Mechanically maybe but its the electrics that go on these modern cars. I actually have pet wallabies on my land, my caretakers wont let me eat them. They're tasty little bastards, much nicer than kangaroo.