What's new

Truck owners?

I have an F-150 and I love it. It has tons of room. The back seat is plenty big enough. My dad drove mine one day and a week later he bought himself one. He’s also a VP of Purchasing for a large company. He now buys them for their fleet vehicles as well.

Reactions: MVP
Ok, I test drove it and I signed my life away lol... $306 Canadian a month for 31 month, 0 down and we won 600$ for maintenance and $250 gift card to local mall during the employee pricing event... Will see after that if I will buy it out it or will downsize to to SUV. Few friends who have trucks told me that I will never want to go back to any other car after truck. We will see. Will post picture next week... and they took my Taurus X with 275k km mileage as 2k value trade in bonus so there is less headache of selling my old car as well.

Ok, I test drove it and I signed my life away lol... $306 Canadian a month for 31 month, 0 down and we won 600$ for maintenance and $250 gift card to local mall during the employee pricing event... Will see after that if I will buy it out it or will downsize to to SUV. Few friends who have trucks told me that I will never want to go back to any other car after truck. We will see. Will post picture next week... and they took my Taurus X with 275k km mileage as 2k value trade in bonus so there is less headache of selling my old car as well.

So you gave 2k down instead of 1K? No!!!!!!!!

Still, $231 a month is solid.

How did you get it so cheap? If I send some Canadian Pesos will you buy me one of those cheap trucks up there?

So you gave 2k down instead of 1K? No!!!!!!!!

Still, $231 a month is solid.
Hey I know my old car, it needed repairs for more than 2 k so I am glad it is gone and I do not need to try to sell it;). And it was called trade in bonus lol.

So far so good. 2000 km on it in the first month and it is a joy to drive. Did long trip for camping during long weekend got 10.1l/100km average which for fully loaded truck with 4 people and a dog is absolutely amazing. I am getting 10.7l/100km average so far in combined city and highway driving. I always wanted Expedition as my retirement car but it would be difficult to convert me from truck right now. Price, quality and fuel economy is just not comparable.

kAeD66r.jpg

So far so good. 2000 km on it in the first month and it is a joy to drive. Did long trip for camping during long weekend got 10.1l/100km average which for fully loaded truck with 4 people and a dog is absolutely amazing. I am getting 10.7l/100km average so far in combined city and highway driving. I always wanted Expedition as my retirement car but it would be difficult to convert me from truck right now. Price, quality and fuel economy is just not comparable.

kAeD66r.jpg

Speak in a normal language around here! None of this liters/km garbage! We use gallons and miles dammit!

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

I drive a Ford F-150 too. I absolutely love it. Second best vehicle I've ever owned.

And I once owned a Dodge truck, BTW. Hated it. It wasn't in the league of the Ford, not even close. I'd never consider another Dodge.

I drive a Ford F-150 too. I absolutely love it. Second best vehicle I've ever owned.

And I once owned a Dodge truck, BTW. Hated it. It wasn't in the league of the Ford, not even close. I'd never consider another Dodge.

Whats the best vehicle you have ever owned?

My favorite was my nissan Xterra. Man i miss that ride. Couldnt pull my trailer though so i currently drive a silverado.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Whats the best vehicle you have ever owned?

My favorite was my nissan Xterra. Man i miss that ride. Couldnt pull my trailer though so i currently drive a silverado.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
We recently got a Tesla Model X for my wife. She claims we really got it for me. All I can say is that I've never driven another car in it's league. My wife absolutely loves it. Easily her favorite vehicle ever. That car is a mind-blowing step forward in technology. It's not just one thing, it's everything. It's an entirely different breed, but it obviously could not replace my truck.

We recently got a Tesla Model X for my wife. She claims we really got it for me. All I can say is that I've never driven another car in it's league. My wife absolutely loves it. Easily her favorite vehicle ever. That car is a mind-blowing step forward in technology. It's not just one thing, it's everything. It's an entirely different breed, but it obviously could not replace my truck.
Teslas are the best. I have a very very wealthy Uncle (we are taking 100 million plus) and Tesla is what he drives. He could be driving a Ferrari or Lamborghini or whatever but he loves his Tesla.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Teslas are the best. I have a very very wealthy Uncle (we are taking 100 million plus) and Tesla is what he drives. He could be driving a Ferrari or Lamborghini or whatever but he loves his Tesla.

I'm not surprised. It is an entirely different experience than any other car I have ever driven. The only downside is range (we can go only a little over 200 miles on a 90% charge). That can be an issue on heavy driving days and there is definitely a learning curve to dealing with it, but usually it's not a problem. The avalanche of positives far outweigh this issue. I would bet that the company is going to continue to innovate storage and charging solutions that will eventually make range a non-issue.

Just to note one positive that you would never expect. My wife ignored an audible warning and backed into a snowbank last winter. She cracked a large skirt at the bottom of a fender. I delayed scheduling a repair because I was worried that it would cost at least $1000. I didn't want to go through insurance either. When I finally scheduled our repair through the incredibly convenient app on my phone I learned that it was going to cost less than $50 and that the mobile service technician would be at our house early the next morning. Not only is that exactly what happened, but during his visit the technician taught us other amazing features of the car that we'd previously been unaware of. And these features keep coming. The car updates it's software often and surprises us with new capabilities that go far (really, really far) beyond those of any other vehicle I have ever seen. This car does lots of stuff that cars have no business even trying to do.

I'm not surprised. It is an entirely different experience than any other car I have ever driven. The only downside is range (we can go only a little over 200 miles on a 90% charge). That can be an issue on heavy driving days and there is definitely a learning curve to dealing with it, but usually it's not a problem. The avalanche of positives far outweigh this issue. I would bet that the company is going to continue to innovate storage and charging solutions that will eventually make range a non-issue.

Just to note one positive that you would never expect. My wife ignored an audible warning and backed into a snowbank last winter. She cracked a large skirt at the bottom of a fender. I delayed scheduling a repair because I was worried that it would cost at least $1000. I didn't want to go through insurance either. When I finally scheduled our repair through the incredibly convenient app on my phone I learned that it was going to cost less than $50 and that the mobile service technician would be at our house early the next morning. Not only is that exactly what happened, but during his visit the technician taught us other amazing features of the car that we'd previously been unaware of. And these features keep coming. The car updates it's software often and surprises us with new capabilities that go far (really, really far) beyond those of any other vehicle I have ever seen. This car does lots of stuff that cars have no business even trying to do.

Are you a car salesman?

Wow that's awesome man.

Are you a car salesman?
LOL. If Tesla treats every customer the way they have treated me then they will have the largest and best unpaid sales team in the world. Want another story?
The windshield wipers auto-detect water and clean it off the windows. My wife forgot to turn that feature off when she went into an automatic car wash. It ripped the wiper blade off and destroyed it. I decided to replace it myself (this was before my fender experience) but the blade from the auto parts store was not working correctly and it lacked the very awesome feature where the washer fluid comes right out of a series of holes in the blade and goes directly onto the window so that you don't give the car behind you a bath every time you need a squirt. Reluctantly (because I expected the bill to be ridiculous for such a custom blade) I drove down to the Tesla garage in Salt Lake. They shocked me by replacing it for less than $10 bucks. Then earlier this summer the same thing happened again (this time after the fender experience) so I contacted them through the app and this time they came to my home and replaced it for free.