What's new

Trump reverses migrant separation policy

But why would she do that? It's Melania Trump, not Anne Coulter. It would be the first time she has done anything remotely ideological. Weird that'd she'd choose to start her career as a provocateur by rubbing it in the faces of the kids and families she publicly supported.

This is assuredly not the first time she's done anything ideological. Remember Birtherism? In any case I don't really get the impression that her marriage to Trump affords her much freedom.

Bogus. And you know it.

It doesn’t take 4 years to start caring about kids in cages. You know it, I know it, we all know it. Quit bullshitting yourself.

Did you care about it? Why or why not? I wasn't even aware of it because I didn't even think about what was happening with illegal kids. I do not believe the media is so all-powerful that they can make us care about stuff that doesn't pertain to us until something causes us to perceive it in a more personal way. If the media had the power to bring all injustices to our attention at the same time, we would all be so overwhelmed with the problems of others that we'd be curled up in the fetal position sucking our thumbs. They are basically there to try to inform us, but they do not have control over what captures the country's imagination and makes us want to change.

Bogus. And you know it.

It doesn’t take 4 years to start caring about kids in cages. You know it, I know it, we all know it. Quit bullshitting yourself.
If we held everyone to your standard it would be nearly impossible to be upset with anything ever. It's not possible to be aware of all things at all times after all.

Just another troll job by an administration that seems more and more concerned with burning the house down to #ownthelibs than actually working to solve any major issue. I guess that’s to be suspected when you empower a reality tv president who’s known for his narcissism.

Maybe voters should choose better next time?

Reactions: Red
If we held everyone to your standard it would be nearly impossible to be upset with anything ever. It's not possible to be aware of all things at all times after all.

Well the media was aware of it four years ago, but didn’t tend to it with near the fervor they are now. So did they all of a sudden grow a heart within the past 4 years or is it something different?

Well the media was aware of it four years ago, but didn’t tend to it with near the fervor they are now. So did they all of a sudden grow a heart within the past 4 years or is it something different?
Who honestly gives a **** so long as it leads to positive change? This is some petty ****.

Did you care about it? Why or why not? I wasn't even aware of it because I didn't even think about what was happening with illegal kids. I do not believe the media is so all-powerful that they can make us care about stuff that doesn't pertain to us until something causes us to perceive it in a more personal way. If the media had the power to bring all injustices to our attention at the same time, we would all be so overwhelmed with the problems of others that we'd be curled up in the fetal position sucking our thumbs. They are basically there to try to inform us, but they do not have control over what captures the country's imagination and makes us want to change.

I didn’t even know about it...and that’s the problem. That’s what I’m trying to get through to you. The media reported on it 4 years ago...but sparingly. Now it’s all they can talk about. And that’s good they’re talking about it now! But it is strikingly suspicious that they waited until now.

Ya. They're super concerned about our DEMOCRACY and INTEGRITY now. When Obama was droning the **** out of the Middle East, while hiding behind a fake court with fake judges, nobody made a peep. But LOOK AT THAT ****ING JACKET!!

Ya. They're super concerned about our DEMOCRACY and INTEGRITY now. When Obama was droning the **** out of the Middle East, while hiding behind a fake court with fake judges, nobody made a peep. But LOOK AT THAT ****ING JACKET!!
I actually remember lots of peeps being made about that. But yeah, the jackets a dumb distraction, meant to deflect from the immigration scandal Trump created. I'm not really sure what Obama's controversial drone program has to do with that.

Soros' child actor ploy worked!

Trump caved like a little boy, after saying "I can't do anything, because those big mean Democrats passed a law that stops me from stopping this"

His minions go out aping this statement.

Only to have the rug pulled out by their dear leader.

Man, how many times does he have to make his supporters look foolish until they start waking up?

I actually remember lots of peeps being made about that. But yeah, the jackets a dumb distraction, meant to deflect from the immigration scandal Trump created. I'm not really sure what Obama's controversial drone program (which I actually remember hearing quite a few peeps about) has to do with anything.

Obama did not receive nearly as much scrutiny as Trump does. It's breaking news every time Trump says something stupid on Twitter. And that happens every day. Imagine if Trump was found to have established a "secret court" that rubber stamps whatever covert military action that the administration deems necessary. Haha. The fiasco.

It just so happens that Obama was a well educated, well spoken, and competent politician. While Trump is a tabloid superstar.

That said, I am glad of the opposition Trump is facing. I don't want a future directed by an ignorant nationalist agenda. I just wish people were a little more even-handed.

Obama did not receive nearly as much scrutiny as Trump does. It's breaking news every time Trump says something stupid on Twitter. And that happens every day. Imagine if Trump was found to have established a "secret court" that rubber stamps whatever covert military action that the administration deems necessary. Haha. The fiasco.

It just so happens that Obama was a well educated, well spoken, and competent politician. While Trump is a tabloid superstar.

That said, I am glad of the opposition Trump is facing. I don't want a future directed by an ignorant nationalist agenda. I just wish people were a little more even-handed.
OK. Look, I get it, the US has a long and sordid history of ****ing **** up. We can go back and forth all day and talk about what evils Obama carried out that weren't covered as they should have been, or Bush or Clinton. But all it serves to do in the context of this conversation is take attention (and blame) away from the people carrying out evil today.

OK. Look, I get it, the US has a long and sordid history of ****ing **** up. We can go back and forth all day and talk about what evils Obama carried out that weren't covered as they should have been, or Bush or Clinton. But all it serves to do in the context of this conversation is take attention (and blame) away from the people carrying out evil today.

The issue is that the majority of the media and the left are trying to lump it ALL on Trump. That is factually incorrect. But we haven’t held the media to a high standard in ****ing forever.

That was Mr. Trump's doing. He was pissed that he had to rescind the separation policy. And he knew his base would not like it. So he trolled liberals for the benefit of that base. Only thing to troll about that would make sense the day after rescinding his policy would be to troll about undocumented immigrants. I'm sure that base enjoyed the hell out of that. I would have expected a little better of her. Now I know. There is simply no way that's a fashion statement. But, since he's a serial liar, 8 days of the week, I don't believe it was about the fake media at all. It was about undocumented immigrants.

I remember Obama’s being criticized for that..... along with almost everything else in the world.

Remember “Thanks Obama” ?