What's new

Trump reverses migrant separation policy

I've always been a fiscally right moderate who thought Bush haters and Obama haters were ridiculous. They were flawed/ mediocre presidents and decent human beings.

Trump is altogether different. History will judge Trump and his enablers/ apologists harshly. There will be some interesting conversations between kids and Grandpop when they discover the online photos of Pop Pol wearing a MAGA hat.

This

What Siro pointed out in the post you quoted is that trump acts like an idiot all the time and gets called out for it.
Obama acted like an idiot a lot less and still received a lot of criticism but not nearly as much as trump.

Do you think the person who acts like an idiot all the time should get the same amount or less criticism than the one who doesn’t act like an idiot all the time? If so, why?

I don’t think that’s what @Siro was saying at all, but I’ll let him take that up with you.

/long story short, bc Obama was more polished his executive actions didn’t get criticized to the extent they should have in comparison to Trump.

US Immigration system has to be one of the weirdest in the world though. Other places I know (Canada, Australia, NZ, etc) all have a merit / point base system. US has a lottery system. I mean.. why?? Wouldn't you want the best / most qualified people joining your country?

I thought if you had a certain amount in assets you also qualified for a green card?

Don't worry i'm sure you guys will start opening Gulags for refugees just like we do, to our eternal shame.

I don’t think that’s what @Siro was saying at all, but I’ll let him take that up with you.

/long story short, bc Obama was more polished his executive actions didn’t get criticized to the extent they should have in comparison to Trump.

My opinion is just that if trump didn’t act like such a fool so much then his executive actions and everything else would get similar criticism to Obamas. In other words, he brought/brings the criticism on himself. He reaps what he sows, he made/makes his bed and has to lay in it.

The issue is that the majority of the media and the left are trying to lump it ALL on Trump. That is factually incorrect. But we haven’t held the media to a high standard in ****ing forever.
I think it is possible that they, like me, find Trump so ****ing reprehensible that they are trying to bring things to light that might make those who currently think what he is and what he's doing is fine finally wake up to the fact that he's a blow-hard piece of **** who is deconstructing our national institutions and our national standards because of his over inflated ego.

Trump isn't just "less polished" Trump is a complete jackass whose background is being a phoney real estate mogul who massively underperformed the market and foremost a reality TV personality. He is not "unpolished" he is incompetent. He is a joke, a disgrace and a national embarrassment. He deserves criticism because he's not doing his job right. He is unskilled. He is unknowledgeable. He lacks grace and charm. He doesn't care to understand the situations he is charged with overseeing.

Trump is hot ****ing trash. Anyone who roots him on is a disgusting American. Shameful. This is a national embarrassment. The United States is a clown show right now. We are getting weaker by the day.

Sorry to break the news dude but America has been a clown show well before this bozo came along.

Dunno if calling people disgusting is the way to persuade them to your side

Trump isn't just "less polished" Trump is a complete jackass whose background is being a phoney real estate mogul who massively underperformed the market and foremost a reality TV personality. He is not "unpolished" he is incompetent. He is a joke, a disgrace and a national embarrassment. He deserves criticism because he's not doing his job right. He is unskilled. He is unknowledgeable. He lacks grace and charm. He doesn't care to understand the situations he is charged with overseeing.

Trump is hot ****ing trash. Anyone who roots him on is a disgusting American. Shameful. This is a national embarrassment. The United States is a clown show right now. We are getting weaker by the day.
Thank you for this. I thought I was taking crazy pills reading some of the replies in here. Two years is apparently long enough for people to forget what competency looks like.

Also Trumps a ****ing white supremacist. He doesn't even try all that hard to hide it. That alone makes him a disgrace. The amount of 'both siderism' in this place is ridiculous sometimes. Obama was far from perfect, but he wasn't a daily embarrassment.

Last edited:
Sorry to break the news dude but America has been a clown show well before this bozo came along.

I'm not going to speak for him, but I stopped trying to win over people who support Trump to my 'side' ages ago. Anyone who can't see Trump for what he is at this point isn't going to be convinced of anything, no matter how polite I am.

Trump has done an excellent job standing up to a lot of abusive, intolerant people who don't believe in the principles of good sportsmanship. When you lose a game fair and square, you go across the court, smile, shake hands and say stuff like "Good game".

The mainstream media, owned and managed principally by a little club of self-styled but really rich "elites" who sincerely believe they are entitled to disparage most responsible Americans, has chosen to turn itself into a partisan Democrat tool in an age when alt-Left ideologues have seized the party outta the hands of most Americans.

I have the opportunity to travel California talking to all kinds of people from diverse backgrounds, most of them enterprising and prospering folks, but for sure I see and hear it all. Last 2016 all of California voted for Trump except San Diego, Los Angeles, San Jose, Oakland and San Francisco.

I believe in trying to show respect for others, though for sure I miss the ideal with a lot of my unthinking sorts of stupidity.

I recognize that under the era/leadership of Bill Clinton, the Democrats turned against their union base, selling out for essentially slave labor immigration (wink wink no matter what the laws say), a complete sellout to the likes of David Rockefeller.

But I also see that those people, however they got here, who are trying to succeed economically, are losing faith in the flim flam lying rhetoric of the Dem officials local, state, and national. If the Dems don't get back to being sensible and accurate truth speakers with a willingness to prosper their base, there is no stable constituency for them.

The ideological believers in imagined utopias build on fiat currency and political divisiveness are less than 2% of Americans. Everyone else knows they are getting shafted. Some try to stay loyal to their traditional Democratic bearings, but the more the press and the agitators dig in and go amok with rabid hateful takes on Trump, the more those folks are just getting sick of it.

Go ahead. Do the hate. Pretend you're the good guys.

Be the losers again.

**** trump’s side. They’re a basket of deplorables impervious to fact or reason. They don’t care about the country or democracy. They don’t have any ideology outside of domineering (fascist) attitudes towards others. If 30 percent of this country want to remain in their racist and misogynistic ways, fine. But we don’t have to cater to them.

Trump has done an excellent job standing up to a lot of abusive, intolerant people who don't believe in the principles of good sportsmanship. When you lose a game fair and square, you go across the court, smile, shake hands and say stuff like "Good game".

You mean, like acknowledging you are a minority President instead of claiming (against evidence) that there were millions of illegal votes? You mean, acknowledging your inauguration crowd was not as large as your predecessors?

You mean, like acknowledging you are a minority President instead of claiming (against evidence) that there were millions of illegal votes? You mean, acknowledging your inauguration crowd was not as large as your predecessors?

Your second point has been refuted multiple times but hey doesn’t fit the narrative. I think a lot of you are just so blinded by your hate for Donald Trump if you can’t look at anything he’s involved with objectively. That’s why civil discourse in this country is nonexistent.

My opinion is just that if trump didn’t act like such a fool so much then his executive actions and everything else would get similar criticism to Obamas. In other words, he brought/brings the criticism on himself. He reaps what he sows, he made/makes his bed and has to lay in it.
This.

Obama carried himself like a respectable person and president.

Trump carries himself like a hormonal 14-year-old. Even if he's done some positive and great things for the country, he does not carry himself in the way a respectable person does.

When I think of what the US president should be and words to describe him, Trump is not the guy I think of. There's a reason so many people oppose him on such a strong level.

After living in South America I promised myself I would always support the president, even if I disagree with him on political issues. We have it so much better here in the US than so many people and yet we constantly bitch about how bad it is. I disagreed with Obama on some political issues, but he was the first president I felt I could relate to. Like I could hangout with him and have a good time. With Trump as president, it's made it awfully hard to follow through with my promise. I don't support Trump, but I support my country. I want us to be United. I want us to be great. I want us to be a beacon towards the world. I want us to be lead by a great leader most can be proud of. Trump isn't that guy.