What's new

Trump Shutdown

When corporations are considered citizens and money is considered free speech, you create a fascist oligarchy, which is what we currently have. One party is great at campaigning but terrible at governing. One party is fine at governing but cannot campaign

lol k

OA65IHRNJVBLFCEMO5QWIVZR2Q.jpg

so it looks like there won't be a pay day on Friday - I just logged in and the most recent Earnings Statement is for the period ending Jan 5 that was direct deposited on Jan 12....

Pulling-hair-out.jpg

Senate ended the filibuster. That clears the way for a vote today by the Senate. One that is considered likely to pass. That will then go back to the House for a revote. If it passes that vote the President signs and we are back up and running.

/fingers crossed

For those interested, Mike Lee voted to keep the government shut down.

The mental gymnastics from the right the past 18 months is astounding. Their party has become everything they claim to hate and stand against, but yet, they fall in line.

Mormons support Trump more than any other group. Go figure that out. Jesus, right?

The mental gymnastics from the right the past 18 months is astounding. Their party has become everything they claim to hate and stand against, but yet, they fall in line.

Mormons support Trump more than any other group. Go figure that out. Jesus, right?

It's shameful

Sounds like another instance of the dems standing down when pushed. But this time I'm sure they'll really get right to work on immigration reform, no really, they won't pull the football away again. Idiots.

This is totally foreign to me.. never even heard of this type of thing until now. Does this happen every often?

I have mixed feelings about the Democrats caving. On one hand it feels like they should have held out longer and showed a little more spine. On the other hand they didn't lose any leverage in the continuing negotiations and the Republicans won't be able to hang CHIP funding over their heads.

They also got a.commitment from Mcconnell to get a vote on protection from dreamers if an agreement isn't made by Feb 8th.

Hahaha I'm completely joking about that last bit. A promise from Mcconnell is worth absolutely ****ing nothing. I suppose it will make the messaging for democrats easier though. A shutdown in February will be easier to sell as a result of bad faith negotiations from GOP leaders.

For those interested, Mike Lee voted to keep the government shut down.

That was a personal bipartisan decision and had nothing to do with DACA, the wall, or anything else.

His reasoning was that this continuing resolution garbage is nonsense and that D.C. needs to work together in advance instead of doing this garbage over and over and over again, so that congress has time to vet all the funding and pork that might get thrown in. That's a reason I can get behind and applaud him for having the guts to tell them all to grow the hell up.