What's new

Trump Shutdown

That was a personal bipartisan decision and had nothing to do with DACA, the wall, or anything else.

His reasoning was that this continuing resolution garbage is nonsense and that D.C. needs to work together in advance instead of doing this garbage over and over and over again, so that congress has time to vet all the funding and pork that might get thrown in. That's a reason I can get behind and applaud him for having the guts to tell them all to grow the hell up.

I can agree with the sentiment and think that they should pass a budget with in the first 60 days of a new fiscal year. However he did it at the wrong damn time. Voting to continue the shutdown was stupid IMO. He could easily make that statement before a shutdown and after. Go on talk shows like Good Morning America, The View... and put it out there.

Good message, wrong damn time.

I can agree with the sentiment and think that they should pass a budget with in the first 60 days of a new fiscal year. However he did it at the wrong damn time. Voting to continue the shutdown was stupid IMO. He could easily make that statement before a shutdown and after. Go on talk shows like Good Morning America, The View... and put it out there.

Mike Lee on the view... HA HA!! Good one!

Yeah, but tell me how that's fair given how dysfunctional the hard core right and extreme left have become? The parties aren't going to work together. The American people talk all this game about wanting D.C. to work together, but when I listen to people individually, they don't want a damn thing compromising and spite any REPRESENTATIVE who doesn't vote their bidding.

So what happens when they actually get things done by doing the right thing? They get Bob Bennett'd - he committed career suicide when he rightfully voted for TARP that saved America from the economic suicide that we created. At some point, somebody has to stand up and be the grown up in the room and say enough is enough.

Also, you don't know what Lee's been trying to accomplish behind the scenes. I bet you he's been rubbing shoulders with his senate buddies trying to convince them all to get something done and end this continuing resolution nonsense. What else can he do? Come out and support DACA or no border wall to all the racist Utahans (they can keep claiming they aren't and just want rule of law) or gasp, CHIP? That's career suicide in Utah. The populace has tied his hands. All he can be is either a martyr or someone who does his best to work with what he has. He chose the latter and I can at least appreciate his reasoning compared to the T Party jackasses that began this nonsense in such a baby temper tantrum fashion.

Trump just left for Florida. Again. The stock market is crashing, the government is set to shut down next week, there’s no deal for DREAMers yet, the SOTU bombed & the Nunes memo is a nothingburger dud. And Trump’s headed to Florida for another taxpayer funded vacation.