What's new

Tucker Carlson Booted From Fox News

Gameface

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner

Fox News and Tucker Carlson, the right-wing extremist who hosted the network’s highly rated 8pm hour, have severed ties, the network said in a stunning announcement Monday.

The announcement came one week after Fox News settled a monster defamation lawsuit with Dominion Voting Systems for $787.5 million over the network’s dissemination of election lies.

Fox News said that Carlson’s last show was Friday, April 21.

Carlson did not immediately respond to a request for comment on his departure.

Wasn't his show the highest rated on the channel and very highly rated in general?

America is a better place today.

Of course, Fox News will find some other horrible person to take up the banner of White Power Hour. Where there’s a demand there will always be a supply. But at least at the moment we see that lying incessantly to feed a mob of angry cultists tuned in finally has consequences.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind if both of these networks crashed. Well... CNN is already in the dumps due their lies and propaganda but Fox is no different.

Wasn't his show the highest rated on the channel and very highly rated in general?
Yes, but he's been losing advertisers for a while now and I'm sure the insurance premiums to Fox News are set to go though the roof in the wake of the Dominion payout. Fox may be looking to avoid the worst of the insurance costs by finding talent less financially risky.

I guess today is cable news spring cleaning day.
The cable news concept was a mistake. The nonstop 24/7 blasting of bad news doesn’t do anyone good. Especially when they’re opinion shows masquerading as News. Fox News has perfected grievance and paranoia as a form of entertainment. Turning their viewers into consumers and addicts of resentment and paranoia. To maintain their audience they must find harder drugs.

I think we’ll all be better off without cable news. I’ve read that it’s a dying industry as older folks who watch cable die off while younger generations don’t use cable and/or don’t watch cable news. It’ll be interesting to see where this form of entertainment goes in the next decade or two. Will folks like Tucker have to do podcasts? Will folks like Don Lemon and CNN have to go more digital using social media?

I think there’s something to be said about having a handful of trusted news sources on tv that has set start times and end times rather than this buffet of nonstop “news” masquerading as entertainment that goes 24/7.

The cable news concept was a mistake. The nonstop 24/7 blasting of bad news doesn’t do anyone good. Especially when they’re opinion shows masquerading as News. Fox News has perfected grievance and paranoia as a form of entertainment. Turning their viewers into consumers and addicts of resentment and paranoia. To maintain their audience they must find harder drugs.

I think we’ll all be better off without cable news. I’ve read that it’s a dying industry as older folks who watch cable die off while younger generations don’t use cable and/or don’t watch cable news. It’ll be interesting to see where this form of entertainment goes in the next decade or two. Will folks like Tucker have to do podcasts? Will folks like Don Lemon and CNN have to go more digital using social media?

I think there’s something to be said about having a handful of trusted news sources on tv that has set start times and end times rather than this buffet of nonstop “news” masquerading as entertainment that goes 24/7.
I feel like a single channel was good - you always could go somewhere to get the latest news. But then there got to be competing channels, and then they started specializing and breaking off ideologically, and, really,t here's only so many times you can talk about the same story.

Oh really??? Get your popcorn ready!

I just wonder if Fox News is preemptively leaking this to warn Carlson that they have the goods in case he decides to burn the place down.

Last edited:
Carlson has been fired now from CNN, MSNBC, and now Fox News.

#winning

The sad thing about Carlson is he knows better but he’s just so cynical. He knew what he was injecting into our political body was as harmful as crack. But he did it so he could be on teevee and feel important. He’s already super rich. He did it to feel important. The thought that he’d be the head propagandist for an authoritarian regime. And he was for a time… until even his house of cards collapsed.

Good riddance.

Carlson has been fired now from CNN, MSNBC, and now Fox News.

#winning
That is a very astute observation. Tucker was a co-host for a little watched show on CNN and was fired. Then he signed for more money and got his own show on MSNBC and was fired. Then he signed for even more money and hosted the most watched show in all of News and was fired. Historically, every time Tucker Carlson gets fired he ends up with more money and more societal impact. I suppose that is #winning. Good take Thriller.

Tucker: M&M has announced the hot M&M will no longer be wearing her trademark sexy stilettos and will instead have flats. Why? Perhaps it is so she can more easily pour over our border.

Last edited: