What's new

Tucker Carlson Booted From Fox News

If you were big mad about claims of election integrity, why not attack one of the Fox News hosts who stayed on that train? Why attack the one host who was the quickest to question that narrative?
Because Tucker got back on the train when he realized rating would suffer if he stayed off.

Okay, you read another Op/Ed.
I looked for fairly recent comments by Carlson, that suggested he had not given up on questioning the integrity of the 2020 election. I believe I found such. Yes, I was aware that he might have been talking about changes made in reaction to the pandemic, but I saw those as part of Republican efforts and rationales to justify those efforts in court, and that challenged the results. I never saw those adjustments made in response to Covid as what Carlson called them, if that was what he was referring to, namely “a grave betrayal of American democracy”. BS, Mr. Carlson. And BS to Trump’s legal team and ***-kissing supporters/enablers who used that rationale to claim the 2020 election was somehow not fair. BS. IMHO, of course….
Even your Op/Ed remarks on the increase in Biden's vote totals, and shows there was a corresponding increase in Trump's vote totals too, both owing to the flood of new voting procedures rushed out for reasons having to do with COVID.
I thought the high turnout was more due to the importance that both camps felt this election represented. I think there were more folks saying “man, not him!!!”, than people saying “might as well vote this time, they made it so easy….”

I thought the high turnout was more due to the importance that both camps felt this election represented. I think there were more folks saying “man, not him!!!”, than people saying “might as well vote this time, they made it so easy….”
You can think that, and the truth is that we’ll never know how much was due to this versus how much due to that. Personally I think the whole narrative is pointless as the popular vote doesn’t matter due to the electoral college doing the actual electing, and that who the President is doesn’t matter that much. Everyone’s life is pretty much the same when there is a democrat in the White House versus when there is a republican in the White House. We now have a guy who is well into mental decline, and still things are mostly fine.

My interest now is more into why Fox News is digging up old clips of Tucker Carlson and running them across the street to the NY Times so they can construct an image of noble Fox News versus racist, sexist devil Tucker Carlson. I’m wondering if the right versus left divide isn’t like a High School rivalry where all the administrators are friendly with each other at district meetings but the bitter rivalry is pushed on the students to get the most performance out of them.

My interest now is more into why Fox News is digging up old clips of Tucker Carlson and running them across the street to the NY Times so they can construct an image of noble Fox News versus racist, sexist devil Tucker Carlson.
I don’t know, if that is literally the case. Wasn’t it reported that Fox was concerned Carlson might have information he could use against them?

I don’t know, if that is literally the case. Wasn’t it reported that Fox was concerned Carlson might have information he could use against them?
I’ve only seen that insinuation in the context of a blatant threat, in that Fox News is saying they have a dossier full of damaging material that will be used if Tucker comes out with any information disparaging to Fox News. You can read that as Tucker maybe having information but I read that as the opposite. I read that as supposedly lefty outlets delivering a message on behalf of Fox News, and there again the relationship seems awfully cozy.

Hot take:

The Murdochs want to sell Fox News. They saw Tucker as a liability. Without him they now have bought themselves some time to stabilize the ship, pump up the value of the company, and sell it.

Hot take:

The Murdochs want to sell Fox News. They saw Tucker as a liability. Without him they now have bought themselves some time to stabilize the ship, pump up the value of the company, and sell it.
I think they said "You just cost us $787.5 Million bucks, and now we have one directly involving you that's going to be another $50m, plus the other ones coming down the pike. We can't afford this." And, I know he didn't DIRECTLY cost them the case, but he was one of the big parts of it, and that's how they looked at it.

My interest now is more into why Fox News is digging up old clips of Tucker Carlson and running them across the street to the NY Times so they can construct an image of noble Fox News versus racist, sexist devil Tucker Carlson. I’m wondering if the right versus left divide isn’t like a High School rivalry where all the administrators are friendly with each other at district meetings but the bitter rivalry is pushed on the students to get the most performance out of them.
Fox News is blaming Dominion for the Carlson leaks….

Hot take:

This is true but the Tucker was more valuable than Fox news. They are worth much less now.
I think they said "You just cost us $787.5 Million bucks, and now we have one directly involving you that's going to be another $50m, plus the other ones coming down the pike. We can't afford this." And, I know he didn't DIRECTLY cost them the case, but he was one of the big parts of it, and that's how they looked at it.
Tucker was actually one of the guys who called this ridiculous from day one actually.

Ya preparing for war against your former employer (who made you richer than ever) is the normal, healthy thing to do. Its what we all do when we are let go. Simply accepting it and moving on with life and getting a new job would be unreasonable.

Ya preparing for war against your former employer (who made you richer than ever) is the normal, healthy thing to do. Its what we all do when we are let go. Simply accepting it and moving on with life and getting a new job would be unreasonable.
Jan. 2025 is a long time to have to wait to get out of his contract, esp. if he thinks it hurts his ability to remain prominent, and visible.

Jan. 2025 is a long time to have to wait to get out of his contract, esp. if he thinks it hurts his ability to remain prominent, and visible.
Yes. Tucker cannot simply accept it to move on with life and get a new job because Fox News did not let him go. They deplatformed him but have kept him tied to his contract. Tucker Carlson is still contractually an employee of Fox News with all restrictions in place. If there is a fight, it will be for the right to be able to move on with life and get a new job.

Do they have to pay him his salary until then? That would be a pretty long, high paid, vacation.

Reactions: Red
I'd take that deal in a second. I'm also a lazy *** MFer, but I work because I need money. If I got the money without the work I'd be happier than a pig in ****.
What would you do if you didn’t have to work?

I’d love to travel. There are so many beautiful places here in America that I’d like to visit/see again and so many places abroad. Heck, I’d love to see the tetons again this summer. They’re only 5 hrs away.

I’d love to travel. There are so many beautiful places here in America that I’d like to visit/see again and so many places abroad. Heck, I’d love to see the tetons again this summer. They’re only 5 hrs away.
I have a bunch of hobbies that I could fill my days with. I'd love to make complex all day type of food recipes 3-5 days out of the week. Go nuts making fermented hot sauces, kimchi, sauerkraut, pickles, etc. Brewing beer.

I'd like to get into stuff like Arduino and Raspberry Pi projects.

I've never done any gardening but I'd like to. Both my parents were big into gardening, both grew up in families that grew a lot of their own food.

I'd learn Spanish.

I'd work out every day (I can and should do this now but I'd have no excuse if I didn't have to punch a clock).

I could keep going. The stupid part is that I'd probably end up creating a small business out of one or two of my hobbies and would likely end up working more and more energetically doing that than I do now working for someone else. I suck at business, primarily with budgeting, communication and networking. So I'd need stupid high margins for it to work and for people to find me rather than me connecting with and selling to them.

Yep, i would buy a motorhome and start in southerncal and drive to maine, then down to florida and head to oregon.