What's new

Tucker Carlson Booted From Fox News

Lol, years later, Jon Stewart still lives in his head…

What makes you think that? I clicked on your link and the author pulled the idea from nowhere. There absolutely was an intended dig but seemingly neither you nor the author of the comment you took for fact caught it. I'm not surprised because it wasn't meant for you.

Here is the reason Tucker's intended audience believe Tucker was fired:

Tucker said that American media, including Fox News, including his show on Fox News, was big part of societal control. He said all of it, and specifically made an example of the name calling, was all so stupid. When he spoke what are effectively the same words in that first clip after being fired that your author believed were a dig a Jon Stewart, he was talking about all of media but mostly Fox News.

Reactions: Red
America is a better place without Tucker. Sounds like he routinely called his boss (Samantha Scott) the C word. What a guy. Isn’t it amazing how many human trash bags MAGA worships? Crowder, Shapiro, Tucker, Tate, Bannon, Trump…

America is a better place without Tucker. Sounds like he routinely called his boss (Samantha Scott) the C word. What a guy. Isn’t it amazing how many human trash bags MAGA worships? Crowder, Shapiro, Tucker, Tate, Bannon, Trump…

Hey Jae was a nice guy!

What makes you think that? I clicked on your link and the author pulled the idea from nowhere. There absolutely was an intended dig but seemingly neither you nor the author of the comment you took for fact caught it. I'm not surprised because it wasn't meant for you.

Here is the reason Tucker's intended audience believe Tucker was fired:

Tucker said that American media, including Fox News, including his show on Fox News, was big part of societal control. He said all of it, and specifically made an example of the name calling, was all so stupid. When he spoke what are effectively the same words in that first clip after being fired that your author believed were a dig a Jon Stewart, he was talking about all of media but mostly Fox News.

Thanks for the clarification.

That is a very astute observation. Tucker was a co-host for a little watched show on CNN and was fired. Then he signed for more money and got his own show on MSNBC and was fired. Then he signed for even more money and hosted the most watched show in all of News and was fired. Historically, every time Tucker Carlson gets fired he ends up with more money and more societal impact. I suppose that is #winning. Good take Thriller.
Yeah, but he won’t live forever, and this curious era won’t either. So, historically, overall, it will be interesting to see what future historians make of him. I don’t think he’ll be promoted as someone all generations of Americans can regard with admiration as a great patriot. But, who knows how the rest of this century will play out. History is usually, at least in its written form, written by the winners. But if there are statues of him in city squares in 2123, that, to me, would resemble a plot twist from a Philip K. Dick novel, lol.

Tucker loves him some name calling, no doubt.

historically, overall, it will be interesting to see what future historians make of him. I don’t think he’ll be promoted as someone all generations of Americans can regard with admiration as a great patriot. But, who knows how the rest of this century will play out. History is usually, at least in its written form, written by the winners.
That too is Tucker’s opinion. He sees journalists as the modern day historians and says they are all working for, as you say, “the winners”.

The aspect I’m finding interesting is what seems to have happened since Tucker supposedly got fired. These are all rumors from the internet so take them with no credibility whatsoever, but the numbers supposedly being thrown at Tucker Carlson are massive. They are big enough to make Joe Rogan’s nine-figure deal with Spotify look tiny. The social media outlet Rumble is the one most often linked to the proposed offer, however it is also being said that Fox didn’t actually fire Tucker. Murdoch/Fox instead deplatformed him and still have him under contract which means he is not free to sign with anyone.

Last edited:
That too is Tucker’s opinion. He sees journalists as the modern day historians and says they are all working for, as you say, “the winners”.

The aspect I’m finding interesting is what seems to have happened since Tucker supposedly got fired. These are all rumors from the internet so take them with no credibility whatsoever, but the numbers supposedly being thrown at Tucker Carlson are massive. They are big enough to make Joe Rogan’s nine-figure deal with Spotify look tiny. The social media outlet Rumble is the one most often linked to the proposed offer, however it is also being said that Fox didn’t actually fire Tucker. Murdoch/Fox instead deplatformed him and still have him under contract which means he is not free to sign with anyone.

Propping up fascism and white supremacy is expensive.

Okay, but what does that say about Fox News?

Don't be lazy and only read the tagline of an Op/Ed about a different Op/Ed about a text message to conclude your views are affirmed. That entire Forbes article is useless except for its link to the NY Times article reporting about the text at issue, and that article is mostly useless except for the presentation of the alleged text message. Here is what Tucker Carlson allegedly wrote:

"A couple of weeks ago, I was watching video of people fighting on the street in Washington. A group of Trump guys surrounded an Antifa kid and started pounding the living **** out of him. It was three against one, at least. Jumping a guy like that is dishonorable obviously. It’s not how white men fight. Yet suddenly I found myself rooting for the mob against the man, hoping they’d hit him harder, kill him. I really wanted them to hurt the kid. I could taste it. Then somewhere deep in my brain, an alarm went off: this isn’t good for me. I’m becoming something I don’t want to be. The Antifa creep is a human being. Much as I despise what he says and does, much as I’m sure I’d hate him personally if I knew him, I shouldn’t gloat over his suffering. I should be bothered by it. I should remember that somewhere somebody probably loves this kid, and would be crushed if he was killed. If I don’t care about those things, if I reduce people to their politics, how am I better than he is?"

The text message as an admission that being constantly exposed to this content pitting side against side is not healthy, and he is seeing the effects all that constant hate is having on his own character. Tucker is appalled by it, by how it was causing him to view the world. Fox News reportedly became aware of this epiphany-containing text and moved quickly to get Tucker off the air.

To repeat my earlier question, what does that say about Fox News?

Last edited:
Okay, but what does that say about Fox News?

Don't be lazy and only read the tagline of an Op/Ed about a different Op/Ed about a text message to conclude your views are affirmed. That entire Forbes article is useless except for its link to the NY Times article reporting about the text at issue, and that article is mostly useless except for the presentation of the alleged text message. Here is what Tucker Carlson allegedly wrote:

"A couple of weeks ago, I was watching video of people fighting on the street in Washington. A group of Trump guys surrounded an Antifa kid and started pounding the living **** out of him. It was three against one, at least. Jumping a guy like that is dishonorable obviously. It’s not how white men fight. Yet suddenly I found myself rooting for the mob against the man, hoping they’d hit him harder, kill him. I really wanted them to hurt the kid. I could taste it. Then somewhere deep in my brain, an alarm went off: this isn’t good for me. I’m becoming something I don’t want to be. The Antifa creep is a human being. Much as I despise what he says and does, much as I’m sure I’d hate him personally if I knew him, I shouldn’t gloat over his suffering. I should be bothered by it. I should remember that somewhere somebody probably loves this kid, and would be crushed if he was killed. If I don’t care about those things, if I reduce people to their politics, how am I better than he is?"

The text message as an admission that being constantly exposed to this content pitting side against side is not healthy, and he is seeing the effects all that constant hate is having on his own character. Tucker is appalled by it, by how it was causing him to view the world. Fox News reportedly became aware of this epiphany-containing text and moved quickly to get Tucker off the air.

To repeat my earlier question, what does that say about Fox News?
That full statement by Tucker, that you quote, does indeed sound like genuine self reflection. And perhaps it was. I’ll have to leave it at “perhaps”, because I don’t trust the man, enough to be sure it’s really an epiphany. I don’t know if he is being honest with his regret. (I did not link the Times article, because the paywall prevented me from reading it myself).

He was not honest, and apparently he knew he wasn’t being honest, in backing the Big Lie. I believed, still do, that the Big Lie was/is damaging to the body politic. Maybe I’ll think higher of him if he expresses sincere regret at having supported something he knew was a lie, despite the damage that can cause to our electorate, not just in 2020, but for future trust in elections. I hope he self reflects on that, and feels appalled by his role in that matter.

But, I’m not about to deny his humanity, or claim that he’s incapable of regretting things he said, did, felt, etc. He’s human. If he wants redemption for something, that’s human.

As for what it says for Fox, I need to know more.

He was not honest, and apparently he knew he wasn’t being honest, in backing the Big Lie. I believed, still do, that the Big Lie was/is damaging to the body politic. Maybe I’ll think higher of him if he expresses sincere regret at having supported something he knew was a lie, despite the damage that can cause to our electorate, not just in 2020, but for future trust in elections. I hope he self reflects on that, and feels appalled by his role in that matter.
Here again I feel like you are repeating things people have told you without seeing first hand evidence for yourself. Tucker Carlson was the first, and for a while only, host on Fox News to claim the Big Lie was all B.S. His exact words were that this lie was "cruel and reckless" toward the county. He was the exact opposite of your claim that he knew it to be false but kept pushing it. Tucker was brutal in his takedown of Sidney Powell, Trump's lawyer who was advocating the Big Lie. Here is a clip from right after the election that Fox News has largely managed to scrub from the internet:

The internal messages around Tucker using his platform to debunk the Big Lie was leaked to the NY Times.
6407e58efe06040019bf4a24

Here again I feel like you are repeating things people have told you without seeing first hand evidence for yourself.
I don’t feel as if I am misunderstanding the man. It was not that long ago, first week of March, that he was saying stuff like this:

““The protesters were angry: They believed that the election they had just voted in had been unfairly conducted. And they were right,” Carlson said. “In retrospect, it is clear the 2020 election was a grave betrayal of American democracy. Given the facts that have since emerged about that election, no honest person can deny it.”

I don’t regard the 2020 election as a betrayal of American democracy, but I guess that observation could apply to Trump’s actions in the aftermath, and to the actions of those in the media that supported the claims that the Democrats and Joe Biden stole the election. Those actions might be characterized as a betrayal, since it sows doubt in the integrity of our free and fair elections. But I don’t believe any secretaries of state in any state claimed serious election fraud issues? But, Carlson still calls the 2020 election “a grave betrayal of American democracy”. I don’t believe he was referring to the Big Lie when he said that.

A month earlier: “Even the night of Feb. 16, mere hours after the first Dominion court filing laid out how Fox hosts and executives knew better about the stolen-election claims the network aired, Carlson served up some innuendo to his audience.

“There are so many unanswered questions — some of them lingering,” Carlson said, again at the top of his show. “How, for example, did senile hermit Joe Biden get 15 million more votes than his former boss, rock star, crowd-surfer Barack Obama? Results like that would seem to defy the laws of known physics and qualify instead as a miracle.”

Sounds like he’s sowing doubt about the results there, as well. I was not aware of the comments he made, from the video you posted, but I doubt we’ll ever be on the same page where the man is concerned. I don’t think I can honestly say “well, I guess I was all wrong about the guy. He was trying very hard to get the truth out”.

Here is a clip from right after the election that Fox News has largely managed to scrub from the internet:
I don't see how what you posted (Carlson attacked the Big Lie immediately after the election) in any contradicts Red, since a couple of weeks later Carlson started supporting the Big Lie.

I don’t feel as if I am misunderstanding the man. It was not that long ago...

Okay, you read another Op/Ed.

The 2020 election was crazy. It was vastly different from any election in American history, using voting rules that had never been used before, and in many cases were constitutionally questionable. Even your Op/Ed remarks on the increase in Biden's vote totals, and shows there was a corresponding increase in Trump's vote totals too, both owing to the flood of new voting procedures rushed out for reasons having to do with COVID. Maybe those changes to time honored voting procedures made a difference in the outcome and maybe they didn't. I don't see that question, and the ideas being floated by Sydney Powell about conspiracies to steal an election by switching votes as being the same thing.

For me, the stranger thing is how media seems to be rushing to elevate Fox News. Why are the NY Times and Washington Post running hit pieces on Tucker Carlson? If you were big mad about claims of election integrity, why not attack one of the Fox News hosts who stayed on that train? Why attack the one host who was the quickest to question that narrative? I don't know if you've ever walked though Manhattan to see how close the buildings of these supposed ideological rivals are but it is not hard to see how they could in reality be all on the same team. It is times like these when that suspicion grows a bit stronger, where rivals are holding Fox News up as a paragon against sexism and racism, and when they discovered Tucker's text messages they were forced to act.