What's new

Twitter Space Convo

And getting it a year early is the only consideration because... why?
You said it in your last post silly. Injuries. If someone told me i could have lots of money today and that maybe I would get that same money next year but not for certain then i would take that money today. A bird in the hand and whatnot.

Well, we'll see. The 22-60 season which looks to be on the way and I doubt even having Tonya Harding hovering at every practice would make re-signing appealing.

What the hell are you responding to? I feel like you may be hallucinating.
Good grief! Not again! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
There are some who are asking why Ainge hired Hardy
There are some who don't think Hardy is as good as thought

Last edited:
Why would that matter to him?
Yeah I mean any time you have a chance to lock in generational money people love to wait a year. I mean injuries never happen and winning is way more important that 200m+.

Get real. He will lock In his deal and ask out if he’s really unhappy still. Money may not be the only thing but it’s still the thing that talks loudest in these matters.

If we get 3 more first round picks plus youth from Lauri Maarkanen then the return on Spida and Gobert would be historic and never to be repeated.

I think 3 1st round picks for Lauri is very reasonable. OKC?
While I'm definitely in favor of trading Lauri ASAP if this season is flushed down the toilet... it's really surprising how many people are OK with years and years of losing (as a consequence of hoarding endless picks and hoping for the best).

While I'm definitely in favor of trading Lauri ASAP if this season is flushed down the toilet... it's really surprising how many people are OK with years and years of losing (as a consequence of hoarding endless picks and hoping for the best).
What is the optional way forward that has a chance to turn into something truely successful?

I'm pretty sure everyone hates their team sucking, and they only accept that road when its the only road they see.

What is the optional way forward that has a chance to turn into something truely successful?
There are no clear, controllable, surefire paths from sucking to "true success" in this league. Way too many variables. But it's a good start if you're already winning and playing good basketball. When you're already winning, playing good basketball AND have a treasure trove of assets you can use to improve your roster, it's a great start. That's an enviable situation that's usually extremely hard to get to.

We were in that very situation last season but threw it all away. People are inventing all kinds of reasons why it was just a mirage and "we weren't going to win a championship anyway". Hey, coping is hard sometimes.

Anyway, I'll never understand the line of thought that says you should stop working and sit on your ***, waiting for a jackpot that may never come. **** that. There's value in winning, there's value in playing good ball, there's value in seeing what kind of noise you can make in the playoffs. You may just need a small stroke of luck to jump a tier and end up as a contender. It's happened to many teams.

Bottoming out is the easy way for a front office. Accountability goes out the window, cushy jobs are saved, nobody expects anything for 3-4 years. Meanwhile, the millions keep rolling in and whatever crap happens, you can always point at the horizon and say "It's for the future!"

The unfortunate thing is... the future won't stay still. It's a moving target.

Eh, having lots of firsts can mean years of losing or it can mean a quick turnaround. More than one way to skin a cat.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Why is it funny? You think those G-leaguers are untouchable? :rolleyes:
Funny that you think team whatever will value the rookies the same as we do. We won’t get what we need and in the end the rooks are more valuable to us then what ever the other team would be willing to give.

If we get 3 more first round picks plus youth from Lauri Maarkanen then the return on Spida and Gobert would be historic and never to be repeated.

I think 3 1st round picks for Lauri is very reasonable. OKC?
Gotta be more if we do it this year, especially if it’s with OKC. 4 firsts or 3 firsts and Giddy ( maybe send him to a different team for a first or two… if you don’t want his current issue).

Lauri makes them a legit contender imo… so gonna cost a bunch. This draft ain’t worth tanking for… next year however if you can get a shot at Cooper Flagg that’s a big deal. Would still rather keep and sign Lauri long term.

More money, earlier, not having to uproot his life. Yea, who would want that?

Those arguments are always so dumb. Players almost always take the most money and years and if they don’t there is a different reason. If we offer Lauri everything, he will take it. Guaranteed

Gotta be more if we do it this year, especially if it’s with OKC. 4 firsts or 3 firsts and Giddy ( maybe send him to a different team for a first or two… if you don’t want his current issue).

Lauri makes them a legit contender imo… so gonna cost a bunch. This draft ain’t worth tanking for… next year however if you can get a shot at Cooper Flagg that’s a big deal. Would still rather keep and sign Lauri long term.

No to Giddey. Joshua James Giddey is a player in an unenviable conundrum: being accused of relations with a minor. Such situations are legally perilous. His only defense, should he endeavor, is to promote the idea that the 17-year old is, in Biological terms, an adult, menstruating, producing gametes, with secondary sexual characteristics such as an hour glass figure and large breasts. Yet even then I still find his actions reprehensible if true. If convicted, he shall be consigned to prison and suffer the same fate as the sandwich eating criminal Jared whatever his name is, from Subway.

Last edited:
More money, earlier, not having to uproot his life. Yea, who would want that?

Those arguments are always so dumb. Players almost always take the most money and years and if they don’t there is a different reason. If we offer Lauri everything, he will take it. Guaranteed
We are in total control… and if he doesn’t take the extension it’s obvious he is very unhappy and that is when you trade him.

I would consider a mega offer if someone wants to bowl us over. It’s got to be an unfair overpay.

Lauri being very good but not holistically good enough to carry a bad team might be a blessing in disguise. Let's you be bad enough to get some high picks while accumulating talent and assets through other trades. And you know if you just get a top 10 PG in, you can quickly turn it around.