What's new

Twolves @ jazz (3/16 - 7:00 pm mt)

Give Corbin credit.

-He benched Bell (and wasn't even nice about it), and put the better player in the starting line up.
It worked tonight.

-Starting Favors

Bell had a few OK defensive plays but seriously we are 4 on 5 with him on O. CJ should have been starting all year. Who knows what would have happened. Oh well.

But, but, but the HOF coach Jerry Sloan tried everything, everything to get past those terrible starts the jazz were having. Well, apparently everything except benching a tough, veteran like Raja Bell who has no O and is washed up. LOL

Give Corbin credit.

-He benched Bell (and wasn't even nice about it), and put the better player in the starting line up.
It worked tonight.

-Starting Favors

Both due to injuries, so don't give him too much credit. I would love to see him keep this lineup with Sap off the bench as the scorer. Ty has his excuse to do that, saying that now that CJ is the starter they need someone for the second unit as a scorer.

Both due to injuries, so don't give him too much credit. I would love to see him keep this lineup with Sap off the bench as the scorer. Ty has his excuse to do that, saying that now that CJ is the starter they need someone for the second unit as a scorer.

Hmm if Sap is onboard this is a very good idea.

I picked a good game to go to.
CJ actually mad those shots as part of the offense, and was passing fairly well too.
There were dunks by AJ, Favors, Evans, and AK... maybe even Miles.
People were moving without the ball, and Miles made some tough shots when they were needed... and when the offense broke down.
We need people like AJ, and Miles that can create when the play doesn't work.
Hayward was active and was involved as a defender and in passing. He had a nice breakaway steal where he was fouled on the layup... but then he bricked the 2 FT.
AK made some brilliant passes, good things happen when he is passing from up top.
I think Favors could have got a few more minutes... he had a monster jam over someone that was pretty amazing.
Evans had some great plays... one alley oop dunk, one rebound and putback dunk, a great block and some good rebounds.

About the only thing negative I have to say is that Miles tried to force in a few passes, and he took the ball up a few times when he should have given it up to Harris. I think it bugged Harris because that was when one of the turnovers happened. He is not a point guard.

It's amazing Miles played as well as he did - this guy sometimes goes 1-10. He shot lights-out - I'm amazed. That was the game of his life. I hope Raja enjoys the bench. AJ is looking like what some of us had been expecting. I like Millsap, but would rather see Favors start over him.

It's amazing Miles played as well as he did - this guy sometimes goes 1-10. He shot lights-out - I'm amazed. That was the game of his life. I hope Raja enjoys the bench. AJ is looking like what some of us had been expecting. I like Millsap, but would rather see Favors start over him.

Right. Was this the dawning of a brighter day, or a broken clock is right twice a day scenario?

I also took my boy to this game and he asked a couple of times "geeze why are the Jazz dunking the ball so much" and that's when I realized that they did seem to have (especially AJ) a large amount of them. It was definitely good to see the offense being run and Favors' facial and one dunk on Milcic was sweet and made Sports Nation as "1 cheer for".

Count me in for Starting Favors as long as Millsap can handle it, he'll still get starter minutes especially because Favors is usually in foul trouble.

I also took my boy to this game and he asked a couple of times "geeze why are the Jazz dunking the ball so much" and that's when I realized that they did seem to have (especially AJ) a large amount of them. It was definitely good to see the offense being run and Favors' facial and one dunk on Milcic was sweet and made Sports Nation as "1 cheer for".

Count me in for Starting Favors as long as Millsap can handle it, he'll still get starter minutes especially because Favors is usually in foul trouble.

Maybe because MN is a terrible defensive team?

Maybe because MN is a terrible defensive team?
Yes they are but that still didn't stop the Jazz from not executing in Minni last week that's all I meant by nice to see them executing, this is 2 games in a row if you count the Phili game and they did okay int eh 2nd half of the Bulls game but not counting that too much since it was a blow out and a long halftime.