What's new

Twolves @ jazz (3/16 - 7:00 pm mt)

Wow. CJ with 40. He took only 18 shots to do it. Just amazing. Of course he will not keep scoring at this pace but he can show the same aggression and effort each and every game. He got the starting job and seemingly responded well. I do not know whether getting a 8th seed is better than not playing in playoffs but certainly it will feel awfully strange for many of us not to see the Jazz hosting a game in playoffs. I just cannot imagine the Jazz taking the late April and May time off.

Just logged in to check the halftime score and watch the second half for lunchtime...stupid daylight savings time means game is almost over and it's a blowout. Maybe I won't watch this one now that it's over and a blowout.

What's up with CJ, though? Unfortunately this means he may go 1-for-12 and 4 points next game.
CJ does well when everything is going well. He hasn't been able to pull his team out of a hole and is very poor when the game is on the line statistically speaking. I wouldn't be surprised if he continues to do well as a starter. If he has his confidence he is a special player, if it is at all shaken he is abysmal.

The confidence boost from this game is much needed, the schedule is nasty coming up. It's weird that our home court advantage also seems to be back.

If we get post all-star Big Al next year can we build around him. I just heard him say his knees are now 100% maybe that's part of why he has been such a beast as of late.

The Jazz were fun to watch tonight. First time I have been able to say that in a while. Lots of ball movement and lots of Dunks. Over 60 points in the paint. Thats the Jazz I grew up watching and the reason I love watching Basketball.

So I get home from work just now look at the score and was shocked to see Miles with 25 points. Is he getting lots of layups or is the J falling tonight. This makes me wonder if he shouldn't have been starting all year. In the starting lineup he is the second or third option on the bench he is the main scoring threat causing the other team to key on him more. The Jazz should've put him in the starting lineup a long time ago.

I agree. He should have been starting all year. However his shot is not going to fall like that every night. I like that when he starts he is aggressive and attacks the basket. He also runs the offense better and passes and rebounds. This starting lineup should stay the same even when Millsap gets back. He can be our bench scorer instead of Miles.

KOC is set to make an announcement during press conference later this evening. The word on Twitter is that Memo is done for the season :( . All speculation but only thing that makes sense right now is this.

Bell had a few OK defensive plays but seriously we are 4 on 5 with him on O. CJ should have been starting all year. Who knows what would have happened. Oh well.

Good for Miles

That's good for Miles and an all but I will not be convinced until he stays consistent for the rest of the season. I'm tired of waiting for him. Raja still sucks, the announcers said he only got 8 minutes before the fourth quarter? Anyone notice the t-wolves almost came back when he was playing, not to mention he clanked 3 shots in the row (it seems...). I'm tired of people leaving him open because they know he won't take a shot, he hesitates too much, ironically he even seemed winded during the last quarter he was falling all over the place.

I watched a Jazz game, I had fun, I feel healthier, the world seems uncomplicated, and tomorrow makes me feel good. THAT'S Jazz basketball.

NEW RULE = I make the gamethreads....

When was hte last time the JAzz won by double digits?

How do you post pics on the game threads?

If CJ could do that in a big game i'd like him, but he seems to brick shots more when it matters most. I still think we should let him walk.

Is this the 1st blowout win of the season? Seriously, I don't remember the last time they just put the beat down on somebody and it help up for the whole game.

A lot of positives in this game... CJ of course the biggest of all. He put up good numbers when he starts so if that is the case, we might need to look somewhere for a player coming off the bench with Millsap for some bench scoring.

I don't remember in any game that Big Al had as many dunks as this one.

Just got back from the game.
I never thought I would give CJ Miles a standing ovation, but a very very impressive performance.

Great win. For a bit in the 2nd half it felt like deja vu, but the Jazz finally stepped on another team's throat and it was fun to watch. I don't care if it is an awful team like the TWolves, the Jazz couldn't seem to do it to any team.

Miles should be the starter for the rest of the season. I hope he continues to drive to the paint and let that open up his jumper, but I worry that the chuckin' Miles will be back. Still, what a game by him. Heck, all the starters were great tonight.

One thing I loved was seeing the tech from Ty. I was hoping he had it in him.