What's new

Utah Jazz 2018-19 Championship Bus CHOO CHOO

Unfortunately this kind of inefficiency is proving to be the rule for Donovan rather than the exception.
This.... and then we get all the Homers that say, "WELL, WHO ELSE IS SUPPOSE TO SHOOT????" 35 shots for 38 points is terrible even if he was Kobe. I just can't stand the way he just bulldozes out of control into the paint and it's almost a for sure turnover orbit gets blocked. He does this AT LEAST twice a game

Sample size though?
One game shouldn't carry too much weight. Zach lavine scored 42 the other night.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
Small sample size? Love has been a scoring and rebounding machine for 10 years. Is that a big enough sample size for you? He came back from a major injury and dominated. I've been waiting years for Exum to do anything

Small sample size? Love has been a scoring and rebounding machine for 10 years. Is that a big enough sample size for you? He came back from a major injury and dominated. I've been waiting years for Exum to do anything
So for 10 years he has been scoring 32 points per on 15 shots?
Let me check the Google and see if you are correct.
If we look his last 5 years which is a pretty good sample he hasn't averaged over 19 points per game at all. He is about 13 shots for 17 points per game.
Seems that one game sample you provided isn't his normal production just like I suspected.

I mean whenever you can pay 30+ million dollars per year to a 30+ year old injury prone no defense having player that can get you 17 points per game on about 42% from the field and about 37% from 3..... I mean you have to do it right? Oh and also give up players or picks for the opportunity to overpay that old injury prone no defense player who is ok on offense.
I mean maybe if Cleveland gives us a few 1st rounders to take him off their hands then we should consider it.

Last edited:

He takes a lot of shots with no chance of going in to draw the big and allow Gobert a second chance opportunity. His stats would be slightly better if it wasn't for that. Like, not good. But not the worst either.

He takes a lot of shots with no chance of going in to draw the big and allow Gobert a second chance opportunity. His stats would be slightly better if it wasn't for that. Like, not good. But not the worst either.

He also misses a lot of bunny layups...

So for 10 years he has been scoring 32 points per on 15 shots?
Let me check the Google and see if you are correct.
If we look his last 5 years which is a pretty good sample he hasn't averaged over 19 points per game at all. He is about 13 shots for 17 points per game.
Seems that one game sample you provided isn't his normal production just like I suspected.

I mean whenever you can pay 30+ million dollars per year to a 30+ year old injury prone no defense having player that can get you 17 points per game on about 42% from the field and about 37% from 3..... I mean you have to do it right? Oh and also give up players or picks for the opportunity to overpay that old injury prone no defense player who is ok on offense.
I mean maybe if Cleveland gives us a few 1st rounders to take him off their hands then we should consider it.

Lol, sure dude. We're paying someone 11 million a year to never do anything so why not pay someone 30 mill a year that can actually play. Love > Favors and Exum

Lol, sure dude. We're paying someone 11 million a year to never do anything so why not pay someone 30 mill a year that can actually play. Love > Favors and Exum
Two wrongs don't make a right.
Your argument seems to be that since we gave X a bad contract we should go and try and get another bad contract.
Not the best plan imo
As for your last sentence. Favors is easily the better defensive player and statistically he is the better offensive player as well. And he isn't over 30 years old. And he misses less games. And doesn't cost 30 million

So, with the bottom falling out for the Clippers, Lakers, and Spurs, it appears that our floor of a sixth seed looks better and better. Hope the Kings get one of those spots.

Crappy thing about the Lakers is they probably get two big names in the offseason and vault into the 2, 3, or 4 seed next year just because they're LA.

Two wrongs don't make a right.
Your argument seems to be that since we gave X a bad contract we should go and try and get another bad contract.
Not the best plan imo
As for your last sentence. Favors is easily the better defensive player and statistically he is the better offensive player as well. And he isn't over 30 years old. And he misses less games. And doesn't cost 30 million

2 wrongs don't make a right, but 3 rights make a left. Think about it.

So, with the bottom falling out for the Clippers, Lakers, and Spurs, it appears that our floor of a sixth seed looks better and better. Hope the Kings get one of those spots.
They give the Warriors trouble. It would be a fun matchup

Crappy thing about the Lakers is they probably get two big names in the offseason and vault into the 2, 3, or 4 seed next year just because they're LA.

Unless they liquidate they only have one max slot, no? I think Brooklyn is a far better destination for the top tier free agent, far better team and it would be YOUR team. Also Eastern conference. Lakers haven't been to the playoffs in six years. At some point they begin to get that Knick stench.

I’m torn. I sort of just want to stand pat and coast into the playoffs remaining in the 6th seed. But if we do that, I don’t think we beat the Thunder or Nuggets. Maybe I’m wrong but I feel like we need to go on a run and start stringing together legit play for weeks straight.

That said, tomorrow is must win. We’re at home and have a scheduled loss the next day at Denver with the 1 seeded Bucks to follow on Saturday.

I don't understand. Are there any categories between very good and excellent? The gap seems too wide. 71% is just excellent? I think 62%-64.9% should be excellent. 65%-68.9% is epic. 69%+ super epic. That way we even have symmetry in the categories.

Please consider this.

Don’t forget god mode at 75%+

This.... and then we get all the Homers that say, "WELL, WHO ELSE IS SUPPOSE TO SHOOT????" 35 shots for 38 points is terrible even if he was Kobe. I just can't stand the way he just bulldozes out of control into the paint and it's almost a for sure turnover orbit gets blocked. He does this AT LEAST twice a game

He was more effective last season when driving to the paint, with that low scoop shot. I don’t know what it is this season, better scouting from other teams, hitting a “sophomore” wall?

I really trust him in showing at the end of the season and during the playoffs though. He’s awesome.

I’m torn. I sort of just want to stand pat and coast into the playoffs remaining in the 6th seed. But if we do that, I don’t think we beat the Thunder or Nuggets. Maybe I’m wrong but I feel like we need to go on a run and start stringing together legit play for weeks straight.

That said, tomorrow is must win. We’re at home and have a scheduled loss the next day at Denver with the 1 seeded Bucks to follow on Saturday.

**** this. 3-0.

Guzzle that kool aid and no “regrets”