What's new

Utah Jazz 2018-19 Championship Bus CHOO CHOO

If we get out of West in the playoffs, then I will board. Not before.

We need a little more noise on this bus. See if you can't light it up a bit. I wanna see the OB victory celebration before every game...… Go ahead, it's not football. There's no celebration penalty.

We need a little more noise on this bus. See if you can't light it up a bit. I wanna see the OB victory celebration before every game...… Go ahead, it's not football. There's no celebration penalty.

I can celebrate without getting on a bus. I'll enjoy the ride, regardless of destination.

My favorite part is that the “bus” goes “choo choo”
This made me laugh
The elevation! Look at how high his feet are off the ground
Quin needs to unleash this beast!!!

Stoked's even letting me burn incense in the back this time
Maybe if we strap yer skinny *** and incense to the roof of the bus.
Bus will be divided into three sections:

1. @colton appropriate at the front half of the bottom level. Hymnals of different faiths are found attached to the back of each seat. Soundproof headphones with soothing music are available upon request

2. PG13 level which includes the bar at the back (stairs to upper section are at the side of the bar)

3. Entire upper section is “What happens on the bus stays on the bus”.
Can we section off a small corner for me. I want on but can’t stomach most of you weirdo’s

stay-go-ern.gif

Warning! Control the hype:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24944590/zach-lowe-nba-tiers-rankings-best-worst-teams-2018-19

Utah with Ricky Rubio, Derrick Favors and Rudy Gobert on the floor before Jan. 24: 90 points per 100 possessions, 106 points allowed. Utah with that same trio on the floor after Jan. 24: 113 points per 100 possessions, 95 allowed.

I wonder if any heavy-minutes trio has ever experienced a midseason turnaround -- in either direction -- so severe.

Utah went 29-6 to close the regular season, with the league's stingiest defense in that span by a margin so absurd, you have to run the numbers again and again to make sure it's not an error.

I'm just not sure you can draw a line from there to a 55-win season. As with Tatum, the normal rate of sophomore improvement may not apply to Donovan Mitchell given how spectacular he was in Year 1 -- and the increased attention he will receive from opposing defenses. The league watched Houston short-circuit Utah's offense by switching everything. Expect more teams to try it.

But Mitchell showed in the playoffs he is ready for kitchen sink defense. Gobert played with a bouncier, more confident dynamism on offense upon his midseason return. Rubio's genius passing lifted him. Rubio's jumper will slump again, but he understands now how to operate in Utah's system -- how it produces cleaner looks for him. That system functions through individual slumps.

When Favors is healthy, the double-big look with Gobert has a chance on offense. If it sputters, Utah might be deeper in wings than any team -- providing plenty of small-ball options.

Even if that 29-6 stretch exaggerated this team's ceiling, it is still damn good.