What's new

Utah Jazz 2018-19 Championship Bus CHOO CHOO

A little but not exactly. I feel like this Jazz team is more determined to prove how good they can be and with a lot of wins riding into the playoffs, their confidence should be sky high.
Hmm, we were losing to the Pelicans and Grizzlies not too long ago. It's been a nice streak here but against terrible teams.

Last years run was definitely more impressive to me:

fFhsA4w.png

Last year's run WAS more impressive. Jazz are only 6-4 in their last 10 games with a cupcake of a schedule. Last year, the Jazz were 16-4 in their last 20. Teams in front of them have been losing. Problem is, so have the Jazz.

When Donovan Mitchell takes :
-15 FGA per game ; Jazz 9-3 75%W
15-19 FGA per game ; Jazz 11-4 73%W
20-24 FGA per game ; Jazz 17-15 53%W
+25 FGA per game ; Jazz 4-5 44%W

Welp, Jazz just need to finish 9-1 from here...

Really though, I have no problem playing Denver in the first round. I don't see why the 5th seed is any more desirable than the 7th. We won't have HC either way, and we'd be headed to another 2nd round matchup with GSW if we even get there.

Last edited:
Our ceiling is winning a first round series. That’s really all we should care about, I don’t think we’re going to the WCF unless matchups fall perfectly into place

Reactions: RJF
Toronto blew like a 15 point second half lead at home vs OKC. And the Cavs had a 3 go in and out at the buzzer to lose to the Clippers. Rockets almost blew a lead to the Spurs, but Harden went on a personal 15-2 run or something in 2 minutes to win.

I think it's still likely the Jazz finish ahead of OKC and end up in a 4/5 matchup. Looking at the remaining schedule, I'd like our chances to go 10-0 to finish the season except for that back-to-back against the Clippers on the last day.

Last edited:
I don't really care where we finish as long as long as we don't have to play the Rockets or Warriors in the first round. I think we would have a good chance at beating anyone else even if we don't have home court.

I do think GSW turns it on for the playoffs. Would rather not play HOU as refs will let Harden in the postseason get away with murder.

I do think GSW turns it on for the playoffs. Would rather not play HOU as refs will let Harden in the postseason get away with murder.

That hasn’t always been the case. A lot of harden’s foul drawing shennanigans have sometimes been dismissed because ‘playoff basketball.’ It’s a real roll of the dice whether he’ll get 20pts from free throws or not.

Houston isn't as good this year because both Chris Paul and Eric Gordon have fallen off the gable. Harden has to go off for 45+ for them to win games normally. They're not unbeatable, but they know how to defend the Jazz to a tee. Houston would be favored.

At this point I want the brackets to look like this:

1GSW/8LAC
4HOU/5OKC

2DEN/7SAS
3POR/6UTA
The only team I feel slightly comfortable against in a 1st round matchup is the Nuggets, if only because Gobert owns Jokic's soul most of the time. Any of those other teams and the Jazz are out in 6 games max.

The 2nd round of the playoffs might be the best 2nd round this century with potentially getting MIL/BOS, PHI/TOR, GSW/HOU all in the same round.