What's new

Utah Jazz All Time "Most Likeable" Team

Like all of us, Malone is not all good and not all bad. But his highs and lows are perhaps higher and lower than most of us. You've cited one of his highs. He's done a lot of other charity work, I believe, which is fantastic. But he also has some really serious lows. Perhaps the lowest is that he got a 13 year old pregnant when he was in college. That should be a jailable offense, in my opinion. And he has refused to have anything to do the son from that pregnancy, even refusing to pay child support for a long time and arguing that $125/month was too much for him to afford when he WAS forced to pay. See http://www.espn.com/espn/page2/story?page=hill/080507

There is absolutely no chance of him making my own most likeable list.
There you go, ruining everything with context again.

Here are my votes:

PG Ricky Rubio
SG Donovan Mitchell
SF Joe Ingles
PF Memo Okur
C Mark Eaton

MVP Joe Ingles

Pretty crazy that three starters including the MVP are on this year's team.

Who's your starting five?

I guess you would have to define "likeable". If you mean guys that the rest of the NBA teams or fans never hated, I would have to name some guys that weren't here very long. Those kind of guys never make it too far with an NBA career.

The guys that I like are usually guys the rest of the NBA fans and teams hate, and I don't like it, I love it.
PG- Stockton (looked like a nice guy until you played him and then he became one of the most hated)
SG- Donovan Mitchell- this is a big deal for me because I just am not the guy to buy in to hyped up rookies. Never bought into Hayward, and I got crucified for it by my fellow Jazz fans, but I could see through that snake.
SF- Andrei Kirilenko (if I can take him in his prime for the Jazz. He played exceptionally well for us for several years and was very valuable. But this was also a time when the NBA was watered down talent wise and mediocre players were able to stand out like super stars.)
SF- Adrian Dantley- If the AK47 thing doesn't work because we're talking for the entirety of a career, this is my guy. (All time best SF for Utah, was too young to see/remember him play.)
PF- Karl Malone- I loved everything that he did for us for so many years. He was insanely dedicated to Utah. Through the later years you may remember this differently but given the circumstances, any star with his dedication and talent would have been the same way. He was actually very dedicated and put Utah on his back for years when no one else would even consider coming here. We drafted Karl just a couple years after we drafted Dominique Wilkins. Nique never wanted to play in Utah and made it very known, before and after the draft. He was very upset when Utah drafted him and that's when we made the deal to send him back home to Atlanta. We got shafted. Karl, was the guy who loved it here and wanted to win here. In the later years it was management that didn't do right by him and that's why he went to the Lakers.
C- Mark Eaton- If you remember Eaton during his playing days, this guy was mean!!! He didn't smile, he didn't hug. He came in and went to work and got the job done! He was as tough as nails and it was guys like him that influenced others (like the bad boys in Detroit) to play defense with a different meaning. He was a pioneer in kicking ***.