What's new

Utah Jazz Draft Night 2015 - Rate Dennis Lindsey's Choices....

That's not my point.... And even so. DL and Jazz brass are way more informed then u. Weather they are wrong or not.

Not your point, and yet you make the same stupid point again. Even when DL is wrong, he's still smarter than you! Once again, when NBA GMs are wrong, they are just like everybody else. The difference is that they get things right more often than most fans, but that doesn't mean they are still right even when they are wrong. Sometimes I think you were dropped on your head as a child, and maybe as an adult as well.

Not your point, and yet you make the same stupid point again. Even when DL is wrong, he's still smarter than you! Once again, when NBA GMs are wrong, they are just like everybody else. The difference is that they get things right more often than most fans, but that doesn't mean they are still right even when they are wrong. Sometimes I think you were dropped on your head as a child, and maybe as an adult as well.

Stop smurfing ur self

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DoL on 1280 this morning....

I missed the first part, but when I tuned in he sounded tired, defensive and on his heels.

He picked up the energy and enthusiasm when he talked about Trey's ability to defend the pick n roll and Trey's physical tools.

Olivier is very intelligent, was very tough. He showed his conditioning and stamina at the workout against Jerian Grant. Jazz will get him into the program right away, he will play summer league then the Jazz will see what happens in the fall.

Quinn thought Trey was big.

Jazz want to bring Tibor Pleiss into Salt Lake for Camp, Jazz will meet with his reps soon. Tibor shoots from outside. Jazz will talk with him in the next few days.

Both. Freakin' canadians slipping across the border. They're behind the fattening of America with all that bacon they sneak into the country. They talk funny. too. Heck, the country can't even decide what language to officially use.

But they are such sophisticated and nuanced thinkers!

It's funny all the talk about this might be the most fun draft in years because teams are going to move and there are going to be a bunch of trades.....um virtually nobody traded picks.

I was one of the posters who thought there would be a lot of trades - definitely not! I'm shocked there were as few as there were - the better teams didn't make movies for the most part - they just waited their turn and drafted!

Trey Lyles. A
Olivier A-
After looking more at these guys this is my day after the draft grade. Olivier may just beat out Burke. Burke may be on his way out depending how Olivier picks up the offense. He's just like Burke but taller and a better finisher.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

As a 35 year Jazz fan I reserve the right to bitch and moan and criticize if I want to. I can't change teams - my ego attached itself to the Jazz during the Stockton-to-Malone era (I actually started watching around '83 - I loved A.D.). So it pisses me off when they do stuff that pisses me off. Do I know better? Maybe. probably not but maybe. And even so it's just one fan bitching. That's part of the fun. We're so invested in this team. So I will bitch about their drafting Mr. Vanilla and bitch about wanting the FO to do whatever I think they should do.

Now, that said, I am feeling better about the pick. The crushing disappointment has subsided a bit and now I'm back to hoping he's good.

As a 35 year Jazz fan I reserve the right to bitch and moan and criticize if I want to. I can't change teams - my ego attached itself to the Jazz during the Stockton-to-Malone era (I actually started watching around '83 - I loved A.D.). So it pisses me off when they do stuff that pisses me off. Do I know better? Maybe. probably not but maybe. And even so it's just one fan bitching. That's part of the fun. We're so invested in this team. So I will bitch about their drafting Mr. Vanilla and bitch about wanting the FO to do whatever I think they should do.

Now, that said, I am feeling better about the pick. The crushing disappointment has subsided a bit and now I'm back to hoping he's good.

It's not like we passed on Justise Winslow or Stanley Johnson for him. The only other guy I wanted was Booker, other than that Lyles was the BPA available after him, imo.

It's not like we passed on Justise Winslow or Stanley Johnson for him. The only other guy I wanted was Booker, other than that Lyles was the BPA available after him, imo.

I wanted Turner. I knew they had to get in front of Indiana though. Which it sounds like was impossible. I wonder if they could've traded spots with Indiana by including some of the lauded assets. But obviously they didn't think he was worth it. perhaps they're right.

Yep

I didn't really love any of the options left in the board and it sounds like teams were pretty well set in taking their guys. Sounds like Charlotte is the only team that considered trading back and that they were asking for far too much to do so. Lyels doesn't seem like a homerun, but hopefully he can be a solid double or triple when it's all said and done.

2 years ago I was stoked about Burke and meh on Gobert. Holy hell has that flipped around. I'm excited as hell about Gobert and want Burke gone. I'm not super pumped about the Lyles pick. But I guess I have learned to just roll with it. I really like Hanlan though.
I'm talking myself into this maybe being a very good draft. Hell if even one of the 2 players we drafted become a good backup then we succeeded in this draft.

Lyles is interesting, because he's somewhat undefined. We simply don't know all that he can or can't do because he played out of position on a stacked team that had the two players ahead of him drafted in the top 6 picks. If WCS comes out in last year's draft, and Trey had played as the primary PF next to Towns. . . how would that have effected his stock? He seems like a nice, smart kid. Reminds me of a skinny version of Derrick Favors tbh. I just hope that he has the drive and desire to be great. He's going to need to completely improve his body and conditioning, but I'm going to reserve judgement on his play until I can see how Snyder plans to use him and how well he handles his role.

Olivier Hanlan has the profile for a successful 2nd round pick, and is a natural fit for what Snyder likes to do. Plus he's bigger than Trey. The Jazz value length and athletic ability. If Hanlan plays well in Summer League and TC, I can see the Jazz move Burke sometime this season. But Burke is a fighter. Hopefully competition brings out the best in his development.

I think Lyles probably has more upside than WCS. Remember, WCS is two years older and has no offense (could say the same for Gobert, however). You have to take that into account, the same as when you compare him with Kaminsky, who's three years older. We have to see how Lyles develops. But if you look at it logically -- the guy says he's a worker -- the chances look promising that he will be better than both of them, barring injury.

I wanted Turner. I knew they had to get in front of Indiana though. Which it sounds like was impossible. I wonder if they could've traded spots with Indiana by including some of the lauded assets. But obviously they didn't think he was worth it. perhaps they're right.
That coin flip probably doomed us. Once Winslow fell there was no deal to be done with Miami and Charlotte was too afraid Indiana would take Kaminsky. Indiana needed a center so I don't think they were willing. And we may have had Lyles rated higher anyway. I think if we'd had the 11th pick there is a decent chance we end up with Winslow. Turner would have been there for sure.

Lyles - A
Hanlan - A
Diez trade - A

I'm looking forward to seeing these guys play. They seem to be of good character and also aren't inferring that they are going to be a 'leader' every two seconds in their interviews.

Unlike a couple of our past picks that hadn't done pre draft workouts out for the jazz before being picked, both of the above guys were watched in action before the draft. I believe the Jazz team have a reasonable assessment of who they are getting and will also have a realistic set of expectations for them that fit within the future direction of the team.

Although we all would love to pick up a star, I'd be also pretty happy if they turned out to be solid and decent players that are hard working and competitive.

The reason I scored these selections as A's is because I have faith that DL and his team would have put in a lot of hard work to assess and make an informed decision on these picks. No one can be always right and there isn't a perfected method to being able to sniff out the best players. All I can assume is that they made the best decision that they could at that time.

(Also, based on the whole Paul George vs Gordon Hayward draft position comparisons, there will always be half cup full types who will never be satisfied)

A part of me also really hopes they do really well and I hope they both are made to feel welcome to the Jazz