What's new

Utah Jazz Open Scrimmage.... 11am Saturday (right now)

Jared Butler had some nice moments. He's a reliable enough shooter to space the floor. Can't say that about most our guys. He's also good in screen/roll situations.
Fontecchio can knock down shots when no one is around him.
Nickeil and THT are good at driving the ball and passing off.
Kessler is really good at catching the ball and finishing in one smooth motion.
Markkanen didn't play much or do much. Not sure why. I guess the vets didn't need to run much today.
The most obvious cuts to me, aside from Zeller, would be Gay, Lee and I guess Dok if he's never going to play. Dok missed the end of last season, missed Summer League and just missed all of camp.

Last edited:
Is THT still lighting up Lamar Skeeter? Man, THT is really just a every-team-filled-with-Skeeters away from being a superstar.

Only caught a few minutes and didn't see much of the real players. Maybe they don't want to get them injured.

I will say #38 Saben Lee is definitely not an NBA caliber guy. A few dunks but otherwise very careless with the ball and some silly fouls for someone trying to make a team.

Had some hope for Bolmaro but he hasn't shown much.

Last edited:
Where’s the box score so I can critique?

THT reminds me of a young Charles Barkley, just without the drive, passion and leadership skills. Could that be coached in? The kid is built like a tank, and could be good with the development of a little discipline. Otherwise, he's Dinner-Bell-Mel 2.0.
Butler looked like the dominant man out there in that 4th quarter scrimmage. Can he look anything like that against other teams' benches? right now, he looks like a solid NBA backup combo guard.