What's new

Utah Jazz Open Scrimmage.... 11am Saturday (right now)

Gay is gone, Dok is gone, Cody Zeller is gone because it is really obvious that those archetypes of players aren't really fitting in with the plan. I think if you really have a plan for getting rid of Conley, you keep Butler. If Conley is staying, you look at Lee because he brings defense that Butler does not.

I think what the Jazz are coveting is a big strong 1 in the mold of Amen Thompson to replace Conley. I feel like the goal is to only give up size in 1 position at the most. The Jazz want long switchable athletes as a base of what we do, and I am here for it.
Interesting analysis. I would argue that there’s always room for a big bodied explosive athlete coming off your bench at the center position. That said, I’ve come to terms with his dismissal on the basis of his injury history. I mean I feel for the guy with that bum right ankle and wish the situation was different such that we could see his ability in the wake of that operation to tighten those stretched out tendons.

With the performances from preseason and scrimmage, this is such a difficult decision particularly if Gay is kept for trade equity. Ultimately though I’m leaning the same direction as you and hoping that Lee ends up on a two way contract with us cause damn that kid is athletic and he plays the right way as well.

One thing that struck me is Butler's lack of height. At one point he and Conley were guarding each other and appeared to be the same height. I thought the snakes in the front office were selling us in the great unwashed masses that he was 6'3 or 6'4. This revelation surprised me.

One thing that struck me is Butler's lack of height. At one point he and Conley were guarding each other and appeared to be the same height. I thought the snakes in the front office were selling us in the great unwashed masses that he was 6'3 or 6'4. This revelation surprised me.
He's 6'3" or a bit more in shoes. He's a couple inches taller than Conley. TBH, he's within an inch of THT. If you want to argue that someone's height is being oversold, it's THT. He's 6'2.5" barefoot.