What's new

Utah Jazz should keep swinging in tightened free-agent market | SL Trib

How can the Hayward deal be royally ****ed up when everybody is happy about it? It may have looked like he handled it wrong to you, but in retrospect he did the right thing. Royally ****ed up would have been if he had let Hayward walk and then he'd turned into a star for Charlotte. Remember, DL had no control over whether Hayward was going to shop himself around or not. He cannot force anybody to take his offers.

Welcome to Jazzfanz.

Armchair GMs, summer 2014: I CANT BELIEVE DENNIS MATCHED THAT OFFER GODRON IS NOT A MAX PLAYER
Armchair GMs, summer 2015: I CANT BELIEVE DENNIS DIDNT OFFER HIM A FOUR YEAR MAX NOW WE ONLY HAVE HIM FOR THREE YEARS

Gordon's gonna stay here if he keeps his role, gets paid well, and we start winning. I'm not worried. Has a daughter now, treated well, seems to like it here by every indication.

Gordon's gonna stay here if he keeps his role, gets paid well, and we start winning. I'm not worried. Has a daughter now, treated well, seems to like it here by every indication.

For the most part, I agree. I expect the Jazz to lock Gobert, Exum, Hayward and Favors into long-term deals and then build around those Core 4 players.

I will say that 20+ million dollars per year can make your quality of life pretty good just about anywhere in the world (outside of war zones).

For the most part, I agree. I expect the Jazz to lock Gobert, Exum, Hayward and Favors into long-term deals and then build around those Core 4 players.

I will say that 20+ million dollars per year can make your quality of life pretty good just about anywhere in the world (outside of war zones).

I think Hood is going to be big. Much bigger than given credit for.

I think Hood is going to be big. Much bigger than given credit for.

After something like a 30-game sample, most jazzfanzers are predicting All-Star appearances or near-All-Star performance from Hood. It's impossible to say that he isn't given huge amounts of credit or that he is under-rated. (Well, I guess you can SAY he is.... but you'd be inaccurate).

BTW, I can still LOL at Gordon for building a trade-kicker clause into a contract with Charlotte. Charlotte. That's the main thing that had me angry.

BTW, I can still LOL at Gordon for building a trade-kicker clause into a contract with Charlotte. Charlotte. That's the main thing that had me angry.

Don't hold that against Gordon... that is the Horcats GM and Gordon's agent trying to make the contract as unpalatable as possible. Horncats may have required that as a requisite of giving the big offer and tying up their space for a few days.

After something like a 30-game sample, most jazzfanzers are predicting All-Star appearances or near-All-Star performance from Hood. It's impossible to say that he isn't given huge amounts of credit or that he is under-rated. (Well, I guess you can SAY he is.... but you'd be inaccurate).

Eventually I think he will get there. Probably not this season but he will I think.

And no it is not "inaccurate" simply because you don't share that opinion.

I love Hood's game... He goes to the damned locker room every effing game though. He already is being held out of practices. It is the main reason I wanted us to go get another guy just in case. Omri Casspi would have been great and Sacramento got him on a steal of a contract. Guy woulda worked as a small ball 4... he should fire his agent... Casspi gets 2 years and $6 M while Singler gets 5 for $25 M

I'll only suggest this once, then duck for cover. Andrea Bargnani could be a stretch big for us off the bench.

He didn't deserve to be a #1 pick, but as a Memo Okur-type, he should be fine more or less.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uECftqv_VRo

Bargnani's defense is atrocious. That said I would be okay if we got him for a decent deal. He is worth a try as a stretch 4/5 in this system. He could be played with either Favors or Gobert and really space things out. He played decent at times in NY when the team was tanking with a bunch of scrubs around him. Especially if it was a 1 year deal with a team option for the second year.

I am pretty sure some team will offer him a decent contract that is more than we want to spend on him. He is probably a better fit on this team than Tomic would have been.

Bargnani's defense is atrocious. That said I would be okay if we got him for a decent deal. He is worth a try as a stretch 4/5 in this system. He could be played with either Favors or Gobert and really space things out. He played decent at times in NY when the team was tanking with a bunch of scrubs around him. Especially if it was a 1 year deal with a team option for the second year.

I am pretty sure some team will offer him a decent contract that is more than we want to spend on him. He is probably a better fit on this team than Tomic would have been.

All he has to do is hit shots and box out. He'd be pretty good if he's got guys like Gordon, Rodney and Exum setting him up.

I'll only suggest this once, then duck for cover. Andrea Bargnani could be a stretch big for us off the bench.

He didn't deserve to be a #1 pick, but as a Memo Okur-type, he should be fine more or less.

I've suggested that before on other threads. I would give him a shot.

Sent from the JazzFanz app

Seems like exactly the type of reclamation project that the Spurs would take on.

Welcome to Jazzfanz.

Armchair GMs, summer 2014: I CANT BELIEVE DENNIS MATCHED THAT OFFER GODRON IS NOT A MAX PLAYER
Armchair GMs, summer 2015: I CANT BELIEVE DENNIS DIDNT OFFER HIM A FOUR YEAR MAX NOW WE ONLY HAVE HIM FOR THREE YEARS

No, I'm talking about the Summer of 2013 when they were talking extension and Gordon was asking for 4 years/56 million and DL declined.