What's new

Utah Jazz VS Portland Blazers -- Tue. Oct. 25th @8pm MDT

Jazz are picked to be top 2 quality defensive NBA teams this year,up there with San Antonio,they didn't play it ....that's just a fact ...tonight ,but will wait to see if the screws tighten up when Favors and Hayward return

mmhmm mmhmm mmhmm mmhmm

Blazers are always a nightmare match up for us. Glad we played them tough without Hayward, Favors, and Burks.

We are so damn deep.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I really hope the experiment of playing him at SG is over. He should be confined to PG minutes and hopefully Burks + Joe take the rest of them at SG
This

I've never like Mack. He is ok as a 3rd string in case of emergency type guy.
Withey is joining him on my **** list.

After watching Withey in preseason and last night, Bolomboy should replace him on the depth chart and DL should start shopping for a new backup center.

I agree, Withey didn't look like an NBA player last night. Got pushed around and didn't add anything.

You feeling a Noah Vonleh breakout year?

I've seen nothing that would indicate otherwise. I've always said he's not to be underestimated.

Much is made on how preseason doesn't really mean anything, but when you have a young player (just turned 21) putting in performances like this, it's certainly something to keep an eye on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9dK9xPtA-g

You can tell his teammates believe in him. Dame said he's the only one who beats him to practice..

"He had a good training camp and obviously he works hard, but I think he’s just in an ‘I don’t care’ mode now. ‘I’m just gonna play, I’m not gonna think.’ Last year, he was thinking a lot. Everybody know Noah, he’s one of the most skilled players on this team. He has a lot of stuff. He’s making things easy on himself taking open shots, not trying to do too much. Obviously, he’s showing y’all, but we know what he can do. He kills guys in practice — not me — but he gives guys the business."
- Ed Davis

Love me some three wing lineup

three-chicken-wings_1088-202.jpg

I just watched that 2nd quarter fiasco again. Withey was simply passive. It's one thing to have a wing park at the corner 3 and wait for a pass, it's another to have a center just park outside the paint and not move. He never tried to get open for a pass, he never fought for position to get the rebound, he never challenged anyone driving into the lane.

We could have put a jersey on a scarecrow and got better play.

There are just a few things that frustrate me/I'm tired of with this team
1 - Losing season/home openers
2 - Not being able to stop Portland...I grew up in Portland so all my buddies are Blazer fans, hate that we cant win
3 - Not able to stay healthy
4 - Offense in the last two minutes of close games

So this game was a bit of a downer for me....I know I should be feeling happier though, we almost beat Portland who should be really good and we had our two best players out.

There are just a few things that frustrate me/I'm tired of with this team
1 - Losing season/home openers
2 - Not being able to stop Portland...I grew up in Portland so all my buddies are Blazer fans, hate that we cant win
3 - Not able to stay healthy
4 - Offense in the last two minutes of close games

So this game was a bit of a downer for me....I know I should be feeling happier though, we almost beat Portland who should be really good and we had our two best players out.

Eh. After years of "almost" and "just barely" and "if we were healthy" and "blah, blah, blah" the excuses are tired and worn out.

Jazz fans have been loyal, they have been patient, and they have opened their wallets to the Millers. No more excuses. It's time to start winning.

I like the roster a lot. I'm not sold on Quinn. He doesn't have a very good plan the last five minutes of the game. Last night, he finished with this lineup:

Hill
Hood
Johnson
Diaw
Gobert

There are three battle tested vets. Three guys that have won games. They have title experience. And they looked clueless out there. That is on the coach. Quinn needs to get better, especially offensively. With those three vets and Gobert and Hood, we looked the same as we did last year. That leads me to believe that last year wasn't a lack of whatever at the end of games, but a scheme issue.

I didn't take much from this game, frankly. Except JJ was awesome and Boris sucked.

We need to get healthy - tough to win without your two top guys. I expect Portland to be #4 in the West, so all in all, it wasn't a bad showing.

Lillard is phenomenal.

I just watched that 2nd quarter fiasco again. Withey was simply passive. It's one thing to have a wing park at the corner 3 and wait for a pass, it's another to have a center just park outside the paint and not move. He never tried to get open for a pass, he never fought for position to get the rebound, he never challenged anyone driving into the lane.

We could have put a jersey on a scarecrow and got better play.

And we have no room for a passive scared back up. Too much talent on this team to give him mins.
I've seen him play aggressive, and good so I know its in him. If he isnt willing to bring it every time
then he needs to sit or be cut. I think Joel will replace him somewhere down the line.

to me ,Jazz giving up 113 points is the biggest thing I saw ....earlier today a guy here said any lineup with Gobert in it was a defensive team .I said baloney if he has 2 guard 3 guys on the frontline.
I wonder how GHill will do guarding a bigger DRussell at PG for the Lakers
I'm as big an Exum homer here, but come on!! You just made my idiot list

I've never like Mack. He is ok as a 3rd string in case of emergency type guy.
Withey is joining him on my **** list.
I wonder if his bad play has anything to do with him losing his girl?? He was pretty good last year, almost like Gobert light.
Diaw is no longer willing/capable of being an NBA level rebounder.

Want to see JJ play more stretch 4. Diane's mins need to be cut in half for him to be affective.

Dame shot 2-10 on uncontested shots against the Clippers after going 9-13 on contested shots against the Jazz. We're cursed.