What's new

Utah Jazz vs Portland Trailblazers Tonight at 7pm MST 11/1/2017

I couldn't catch most of the game till the 4th quarter, but good lord how the hell did Hood go 0-11 with only 1 3-point attempt? So 0-10 inside the arc? How is that possible?

If one wanted to give him credit he was trying to be aggressive driving to the basket. But man was he horrendous at it.

Was he really? It seemed like Minny fans universally loved him and hated seeing him go.

A lot of them liked him, but no, he was not universally loved. Go read some Threads on the Utah and Minny boards on realgm. There are still some minny fans that are completely convinced Rubio was the problem for the offensive woes. Also, even though they've been quiet around here, there are still Jazz fans who think Rubio's fit is a big issue and the biggest reason for our losses. Just had an argument a few games ago with a guy that sometimes posts here, but mainly posts on realgm. And I'm not talking about yammers. I'm talking about a few posters who are normally good and insightful.

I like that Quin pulled Hood quick in the 4th I think it made a big difference.

Cappy called this one early. Some moron disliked my post. That moron was Cy. Hood is really predictable when he is missing multiple 5 foot bunnies, and missing them by a mile. Stevie Wonder wouldn't miss that shot as often as Hood does when he's off.

Hood needs to watch the rest of this game from the bench. Never seen anybody so capable of getting their shot off in the paint and missing so badly over and over. I've seen enough games from him like this to believe he won't hit a single 4-5 footer in this game.

Do people really think Rubio's new game style is sustainable?

I seriously have my doubts.

The 2nd half of last year still saw him facilitating a lot and a lot more effectively I believe.

BUT.... great clutch shooting and he did lead the team expertly in the latter parts of the game.

Last edited:
A lot of them liked him, but no, he was not universally loved. Go read some Threads on the Utah and Minny boards on realgm. There are still some minny fans that are completely convinced Rubio was the problem for the offensive woes. Also, even though they've been quiet around here, there are still Jazz fans who think Rubio's fit is a big issue and the biggest reason for our losses. Just had an argument a few games ago with a guy that sometimes posts here, but mainly posts on realgm. And I'm not talking about yammers. I'm talking about a few posters who are normally good and insightful.

I am not going to pretend to be good and insightful...

but count me as a Debbie downer and doubter.

But I guess as long as he can get to the line at a good clip and continue to space it out, my pessimism will be unjustified.

But I am thinking it won't work out long term.

He is battling to get the bigs involved and he is basically unable to score at the rim (but drawing some fouls so there is that).

The second he has an off shooting patch - it will get seriously ugly, and his TOV will be a death knell.

Too much?

Last edited:
13 shots between Favors and Gobert is not enough.
21 from DM is a brave approach from Quin. But if he can get to the line 5-6 times then some rough shooting stretches will be more readily endured.

Cheer cheer the bench tonight.

Wow, this game made life without Hood seem kind of real.

Before the season started I figured if Rubio could just somehow manage 34% from 3, he'd be really good for this team. **** me he's shooting 37% and leading the team in scoring where is his offense coming from its like a light just all of a sudden turned on, but I guess we should've expected this after what he did the second half of last year he had. He's actually doing the things that are the reason the wolves traded him and picking up Teague.

It's nice to see some of our new additions playing well (Thabo, Swedish Larry Bird, Mitchell).

Also, Rubio's career FQ % is .378 (and this includes this season which raises his career %) and he's at .437 with the Jazz (an all-time high for him). Better coaching is a wonderful thing.

Do people really think Rubio's new game style is sustainable?

I seriously have my doubts.

The 2nd half of last year still saw him facilitating a lot and a lot more effectively I believe.

BUT.... great clutch shooting and he did lead the team expertly in the latter parts of the game.

Of course it isn't sustainable. At some point teams are finally going to stop leaving Rubio open for the shot. But, that is kind of the point now isn't it?

Who was the last Jazz rookie to score 28 pts so early in his NBA career? I sure do not remember any....

Just checked, it took Karl Malone 39 games to score 29 pts. By 8 games his highest was 14 pts.
John Stockton season high was 19 pts as a rookie
Deron Williams scored 28 in game nr.63
Jeff Hornacek as a rookie never scored more than 14pts.
Carlos Boozer scored 27 pts in his game nr. 66
Gordon Hayward scored 34 pts in game nr. 72.

That is bunch of All Stars we looking at and Mitchell beat them all so quick. Not sure if it means anything but man we do have a potential All star on our hands

Who was the last Jazz rookie to score 28 pts so early in his NBA career? I sure do not remember any....

Just checked, it took Karl Malone 39 games to score 29 pts. By 8 games his highest was 14 pts.
John Stockton season high was 19 pts as a rookie
Deron Williams scored 28 in game nr.63
Jeff Hornacek as a rookie never scored more than 14pts.
Carlos Boozer scored 27 pts in his game nr. 66
Gordon Hayward scored 34 pts in game nr. 72.

That is bunch of All Stars we looking at and Mitchell beat them all so quick. Not sure if it means anything but man we do have a potential All star on our hands
Good research/info. Interesting stuff.
Thanks for the legwork

Reactions: MVP