What's new

Utah to the Pac 10? MWC to get BCS game?

I think it would help legitimize the MWC but I think they'd need at least 1 if not 2 more top tier teams. If the Big 12 gets raided maybe the MWC can offer an invite to Nebraska.

BYU
Utah
BSU
TCU
Nebraska
Air Force
Col St
Wyo
SDSU
NM
UNLV

Am I missing anyone?

That's not a bad conference with a couple of exceptions.

If the Big 12 gets raided, it will be because Nebraska and Missouri went to the Big 10.

Makes sense, that seems to be what the Cal rivals site that I posted was alluding to. They needed to do something that would intrigue Texas and keep up with the Big Ten expansion so they can't obviously just say we are going to couple you with Utah or Colorado and make the Pac 12....but..... we'll bring you into the conference, keep all your big rivalries intact in your own little division, and boost your revenue is much more intriguing. That's a damn good conference.

This is going to be interesting. I wonder how all this realignment will effect Utah/BYU, and I wonder if the only thing that happens is Boise St. coming to the MWC if that will be enough for a BCS bid?

As long as Utah has got a legit shot at a "national championship" I will be stoked. The MWC is far more deserving than the Big East anyways.

This is going to be interesting. I wonder how all this realignment will effect Utah/BYU, and I wonder if the only thing that happens is Boise St. coming to the MWC if that will be enough for a BCS bid?

As long as Utah has got a legit shot at a "national championship" I will be stoked. The MWC is far more deserving than the Big East anyways.

If the Big East gets raided by the Big 10 (which is rumored to be imminent) then the Big East will lose that BCS game.

The MWC will probably get a BCS game even without Utah if they keep everyone else and add Boise State.

Maybe the SEC will pick them up - geography doesn't seem to be an issue anymore. At the least the hope now has to be that the MWC can pick up the Kansas teams, Boise State, possibly Baylor, and that nobody leaves the conference. I really hope they ditch some of the current MWC teams as well. Let Wyoming play with Utah State and those type of teams.

Do you have espn or listen to sports radio? Although it's not a done deal, the chances are looking very slim.

Yes I have ESPN but don't watch it. Have not listened to sports radio today, or very much lately since all sports are over for the summer. So what did they say?

Yes I have ESPN but don't watch it. Have not listened to sports radio today, or very much lately since all sports are over for the summer. So what did they say?

They are reporting that Pac-10 will invite the following teams: Texas, Texas Tech, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Colorado. There is lots of speculation at what will happen beyond that but I have yet to see Utah in that conversation. It seems most people think MWC will not loose any teams but will gain some leftovers of big 12.

They are reporting that Pac-10 will invite the following teams: Texas, Texas Tech, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Colorado. There is lots of speculation at what will happen beyond that but I have yet to see Utah in that conversation. It seems most people think MWC will not loose any teams but will gain some leftovers of big 12.

But are they teams that will translate into an auto BCS bid?

I just looked and there is another report saying that Texas would rather keep the Big 12 together and that Texas A&M may get invited to the SEC which would be better for them than the pac 10 even with this expansion. If Texas pulls out then most of these teams also pull out, If A&M pulls out then Utah may replace them as the 6th team though. Just my speculation on the Utah part but since they have already been rumored it would make some sense.

In this situation, I think what happens is that the leftovers from the Big 12 eat the MWC and crap out the likes of Wyoming, SDSU, and UNM; and then bring Boise St. along for the ride.

In this situation, I think what happens is that the leftovers from the Big 12 eat the MWC and crap out the likes of Wyoming, SDSU, and UNM; and then bring Boise St. along for the ride.

The remaining 6 would be Nebraska, Missouri, the two Kansas schools, Iowa State and Baylor. Missou is itching to get into the Big 10. Nebraska may follow. I only see KU, KSU, ISU, and Baylor being out in the cold should this super play happening, with none of the schools being terribly rich in football. Grabbing the Kansas schools for the MWC, plus Boise would put the teams at 12. The only reason the two Kansas schools would ever join a perceived inferior conference would be if they had no other choice, and they could be screwed enough to the point where they wouldn't have another choice. ISU and Baylor could be royally screwed.

East division of KU, KSU, TCU, CSU, Air Force and UNM and west division of Utah, BYU, UW, SDSU, BSU, and UNLV. Solid spread in football and basketball.

This just sucks. I was hoping Utah would get into the Pac-10. I can't stand Boise State and their blue piece of crap they call a field.

The remaining 6 would be Nebraska, Missouri, the two Kansas schools, Iowa State and Baylor. Missou is itching to get into the Big 10. Nebraska may follow. I only see KU, KSU, ISU, and Baylor being out in the cold should this super play happening, with none of the schools being terribly rich in football. Grabbing the Kansas schools for the MWC, plus Boise would put the teams at 12. The only reason the two Kansas schools would ever join a perceived inferior conference would be if they had no other choice, and they could be screwed enough to the point where they wouldn't have another choice. ISU and Baylor could be royally screwed.

East division of KU, KSU, TCU, CSU, Air Force and UNM and west division of Utah, BYU, UW, SDSU, BSU, and UNLV. Solid spread in football and basketball.

Kansas may be one of the few cases where basketball might be enough to pull them into a bigger conference, were they be left behind:

Pac 10 officials are to the point of talking more openly now:

https://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/news/story?id=5255568

Did I read that right, The Pac 22 is an option?

Kansas may be one of the few cases where basketball might be enough to pull them into a bigger conference, were they be left behind:

Pac 10 officials are to the point of talking more openly now:

https://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/news/story?id=5255568

Did I read that right, The Pac 22 is an option?

Interesting article.

The thing is, though, is where would Kansas go? Not a big enough market to be a huge geographical burden for the Big East, ACC, and SEC, so they're boned if Mizzou and Nebraska go to the Big 10 and the PAC-10 pilfers the six.

Utah will get into the Pac 10. I have no doubt in my mind.

Like I said, the Pac has until next year to make a decision, so I never expected an invite next week. But there is just no way the Pac takes on several bad academic schools. Not going to happen.

This is all part of negotiation. The Big 12 schools were letting Nebraska and Missouri know that the rest of the conference had other options too, and the Pac is now letting everyone know they have other options as well.

The first choice for everyone is to get the most money. But a close second choice for the Pac is to keep their snooty, better than everyone else, academically superior position.

In addition to that, you can bet the SEC will come calling now that they know Texas and Oklahoma are prepared to leave for the right price. They have already been rumored to be negotiating with Texas A&M, so you know they have to be talking to Texas and Oklahoma.

In any case, it's all political posturing that we're seeing now. When all the dust settles, Utah will be in the Pac 10.

Oh yeah, and there is no way Kansas will be in the MWC. If the Big 12 gets raided by the Big 10 (causing breakup of the Big 12) then the Big east will also be raided by the Big 10. And if that happens, Kansas will probably be in the Big East.