What's new

Utah to the Pac 10? MWC to get BCS game?

Why would you think I'm mocking? I think it would be a great move for the Big 12 to get both TCU and BYU. I also think it's a great move for the Pac 10 to add Utah. I would've liked to see the MWC remain the same with the addition of Boise, that would've been a pretty good conference but I like them moving too.

I realize you're probably mocking, but there are some BYU message board rumors still going that think BYU is in by June 30th(the deadline for '11 play). I don't read those boards too much because the format drives me nuts so I have no idea what they are basing that on. Who knows - it wouldn't seem that crazy since they have already acknowledged that they were looking at BYU previously. Although I can't imagine the Big 12 would really want Air Force to be the other team.

If Fox said they'll pay the same money and let them split it 10 ways, why the heck would they take BYU and Air Force and split the money 12 ways?

They extended their tv contract until 2016 with this new deal. Their old deal was set to expire at the same time as the Pac 10's, which is why they were looking at options (like the Pac 10). It was all about getting the best new tv contract. But they have that now, so they will not be making any changes unless it's something major that allows them to renogotiate their tv contract.

I could be wrong, but I would be totally shocked to see BYU added to the Big 12 by July. Whoever is spreading that rumor has to be a pretty delusional BYU homer.

If BYU and/or TCU joins the Big 12...Boise State will look like the stupidest sons of bitches ever. They just left the WAC to be in the WAC-part 2. It's like going to a party expecting to have a good time, but everyone leaves once you get there.
Story of my life.
I was so ugly, my mother had to tie a porkchop around my neck to get the dog to play with me.

Salty, wouldn't the Big 10/12 benefit financially by adding two teams to have the conference championship?

Not if Fox is already paying them for 12 teams and a championship game, but allowing them to only have 10 teams and no championship game. That is what reportedly kept the conference together- Fox decided to pay them for 12 teams and a championship game even though they only had 10 teams and no championship. This splitting the money 10 ways instead of 12 allowed them to make more money, so the main players didn't go to the Pac 10 or SEC.

Their tv contract is no longer set to expire, so they are no longer looking at ways to negotiate for more money.

Stranger things have happened, but for all intents and purposes, that Big 12 ship has sailed and conference expansion is over.

So essentially they're being paid more money and get to play less games?
Correct, they're being paid more money for fewer teams and no championship game.

They are going after Arkansas as well:

https://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5294472

If we have learned anything over the past few weeks, it's that you can't trust what any of these guys say publicly.
I agree that these guys can't be trusted, no argument there. But I don't see where the Big 12 is trying to get Arkansas, I just see some reporter asked Arkansas if they would ever consider the Big 12 and arkansas said no.

Orangebloods were the guys that broke all the news regarding conference expansion, and here is their recap:
https://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1094753

Note that they say the only reason the Big 12 didn't break up was because of the splitting the money 10 ways plan that Fox and Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe came up with at the last minute.

So if they only agreed to stay and sign a new tv deal because they could splut the money 10 ways, then I doubt they will be looking to expand anytime soon unless they get someone major. I mean, they knew BYU was an option if they wanted to go to 12 (as was posted, they had already discussed BYU and Air Force before all of that) and yet they were still on the verge of blowing it up until the 10 team conference became an option.

EDIT:
Woops, it was ABC/ESPN that paid 12 team and championship game money for only 10 teams and no championship game. It wasn't Fox.

Last edited:
I hope everyone in that conference is penalized in the BCS standings for this ********. They are now a weaker conference by losing Nebraska and don't play as many games...

I hope everyone in that conference is penalized in the BCS standings for this ********. They are now a weaker conference by losing Nebraska and don't play as many games...

The BCS doesn't care about being fair, lol. If they cared about being fair, we would have had a playoff a long time ago.

The BCS doesn't care about being fair, lol. If they cared about being fair, we would have had a playoff a long time ago.

Pretty much. The BCS was built to keep all of the money in the pocket of a select few. They won't change it without a very good reason.

Still waiting for Utah to pwn the PAC-12 and play in all these big bowl games.

This might be the year. The south is weak this year and the conference as a whole is down. Utes have an amazing defense and special teams like usual. If the offense can click......
I say this almost every year though i guess. Seems like the utes are always close but just cant quite get over the hump. Im not sure im remembering right but i think last year they tied for 1st in the south. I think it was 2 years ago that they were really rolling and got ranked all the way up to like 4th in the nation or something..... then the wheels fell off.

But Utah State would still own them if they played this year. ;)

Still waiting for Utah to pwn the PAC-12 and play in all these big bowl games.
At least Utah can compete with the big boys. Still waiting for BYU to field a decent football team. They need to drop down to FCS where they can play programs with similar talent.