What's new

Utah to the Pac 10? MWC to get BCS game?

I think Utah can compete right away in the Pac-12

I think they would have been the 3rd or 4th best team in the that league this last year. Give them some more higher end recruits and they will be in the hunt.

I think they would have been the 3rd or 4th best team in the that league this last year. Give them some more higher end recruits and they will be in the hunt.

I don't think that there's any question that this is possible. In fact, I think it's quite probable that the Utes finish in the top 3 in the Pac-10 next year. Oregon just lost their QB, Washington has some question marks, Cal always seems to choke, Stanford lost their RB, and UCLA is questionable... And I guess USC should still be counted even though they're being hit hard with violations.

Just for the record, Loki, I am not insinuating that you or your sources are wrong, or shouldn't be believed. I've heard a lot of "locks" that never panned out - recently, Texas to the Pac 10, etc. Just being cautious.
Oh, I know Bronco. I knew I was taking a gamble by being so assertive. I own it. And you were right.

This is great news! I wonder how the conference will be broken down into divisions, and if there is any truth to the rumors coming out of colorado.

Maybe. I think MWC is going to kick a little Utah *** this year though. Would anybody take the over on a 7-5 season? I think you guys get beat by Iowa State, Wyoming, Notre Dame, TCU, and BYU this year.

What's that about?

The proposed Pac-12 divisions would be...

North- UW, WSU, OU, OSU, Stan, and Cal

South- Colo, Utah, ASU, UA, UCLA, and USC

Apparently Colorado is claiming that they were assured that this would be the conference alignment before they joined they conference. Most of the alumni base for Colorado is apparently in the Los Angeles area.

Maybe. I think MWC is going to kick a little Utah *** this year though. Would anybody take the over on a 7-5 season? I think you guys get beat by Iowa State, Wyoming, Notre Dame, TCU, and BYU this year.

Wyoming- Are they expected to have a good year?

Iowa St- Don't know how well they are sitting, toss up.

Notre Dame- Possibly a loss, but they have a lot of transitioning happening at the moment.

TCU- If they play like last year they will be a beast! How many returning players are coming back on their defense?

BYU- Starting a new QB? I think he might have a bit of a learning curve. But BYU and Utah are always a tough game.

I can't see Utah losing ALL of these games, but I can definately see them losing some. I would guess that Utah has as good a chance as any in the MWC to leave as the MWC champions.

Wow, I'll just assume that's a joke. Utah probably probably wins all of those games.

4 out of 5 I can see, not Wyoming. But hey, at least the PAC10 took them. They didnt want to, but they ended up having to.

If BYU and/or TCU joins the Big 12...Boise State will look like the stupidest sons of bitches ever. They just left the WAC to be in the WAC-part 2. It's like going to a party expecting to have a good time, but everyone leaves once you get there.

Texas was going to the Pac-10 until the Big 12 gave them a better offer. Why do you think all of the sudden Utah is now being offered to join the Pac-10? This stuff has changed daily.

My point was, Texas to the PAC 10 was supposed to be a "lock". Several media sources (and subsequently, several posters on this very board) asserted such.

As I have been saying all along - I don't consider it legit until the ink is on the paper and hands have been shaken. Texas is a perfect example of what I'm talking about.

BTW - IMO, Texas was never going to the PAC 10. They wanted leverage, and they got it. They got a bigger share of the Big 12 revenue and they'll get their own TV outfit and all the money it makes. They didn't stand to gain enough just by defecting to the PAC 10.

So are they still being considered?

I realize you're probably mocking, but there are some BYU message board rumors still going that think BYU is in by June 30th(the deadline for '11 play). I don't read those boards too much because the format drives me nuts so I have no idea what they are basing that on. Who knows - it wouldn't seem that crazy since they have already acknowledged that they were looking at BYU previously. Although I can't imagine the Big 12 would really want Air Force to be the other team.