What's new

Utah to the Pac 10? MWC to get BCS game?

Once Utah joins the Pac 12, I think I'll like the BCS the way it is. Don't let those smaller, inconsequential conferences participate.

LOL. Ditto except make it so those smaller inconsequential schools don't have any chance at the BCS. Just cut them out they don't matter anyway. :)

Once Utah joins the Pac 12, I think I'll like the BCS the way it is. Don't let those smaller, inconsequential conferences participate.

Too add, Utah best move would be to schedule cream puffs for all non-conference games and stay away from teams that could end their BCS hopes. It is the BCS conference way after all.

Yeah, we can schedule BYU, lol.

Nice twist there but I'd think that Utah would want to stay as far away from BYU as possible. The Utes moving to the PAC only ups the meaning of the game for BYU and means nothing but disaster for Utah if they lose.

Nice twist there but I'd think that Utah would want to stay as far away from BYU as possible. The Utes moving to the PAC only ups the meaning of the game for BYU and means nothing but disaster for Utah if they lose.

I'm pretty sure Utah will still play BYU every year. If the Utes were scared they wouldn't join a BCS conference in the first place. They know they can go undefeated and go to a BCS game every couple years in the MWC.

The Utah/BYU game has too much money riding on it for either team to back out. The twist is that it will probably be played in September instead of November.

My two independent sources have BOTH retracted on me (after I called them and said what the hell is going on) and now they are both saying Friday. Crazy.

BTW Duck...I live in Logan and I'd be willing to bet that there's more Utah fans up here than Aggie fans. Basketball is a little different.

I know, I'm just messing with you guys. Hell, by T.V. standards, I'm sure they would consider me a Utah fan. I probably catch at minimum 1/2 their games on the tube. I've also read at a few different sources that say it almost doesn't matter if anybody is watching in a market past a certain number, just how many potential people could pay the service bills in that market. So in that sense, 100% of the SLC market is pertinent to the Pac 10 and Utah and 100% of the SLC market is pertinent to the MWC and BYU.

You guys that are like me on the Utah side of things(you watch BYU usually as well), do you expect your viewing habits to change?

My two independent sources have BOTH retracted on me (after I called them and said what the hell is going on) and now they are both saying Friday. Crazy.

I'm hearing Thursday now, from the people that told me it would be today. Either way, looks like it will be this week.

EDIT:
Just saw your link. I guess that confirms it, public announcement or not.

So Craig Thompson got completely pwned by the UofU.
I guess it's the Clinton defense. Well technically, the Utes hadn't been formally invited to join the Pac-10 yesterday. "No, Mr. Thompson, we are not in bed with them." What he failed to mention is that they were fully undressed, in an advanced stage of foreplay.

Good for the Utes. But what I can't respect is the disingenuousness of their conversations with the MWC commissioner. Now it will be interesting to see what TCU and BYU do. Maybe make the Big-12 a Big-12 again? And will Boise State decide to back out and re-join the WAC?

So Craig Thompson got completely pwned by the UofU.
I guess it's the Clinton defense. Well technically, the Utes hadn't been formally invited to join the Pac-10 yesterday. "No, Mr. Thompson, we are not in bed with them." What he failed to mention is that they were fully undressed, in an advanced stage of foreplay.

Good for the Utes. But what I can't respect is the disingenuousness of their conversations with the MWC commissioner. Now it will be interesting to see what TCU and BYU do. Maybe make the Big-12 a Big-12 again? And will Boise State decide to back out and re-join the WAC?
The MWC knew what was going on all along. What they said in public and what happened in private, are 2 seperate things.

While it's possible my sources are wrong given their placement @ Utah I would be extremely extremely surprised. Two different sources that confirmed independent of each other.
But you're right they could be wrong. I guess we'll see in the next 12 hours or so.

Just for the record, Loki, I am not insinuating that you or your sources are wrong, or shouldn't be believed. I've heard a lot of "locks" that never panned out - recently, Texas to the Pac 10, etc. Just being cautious.

Just for the record, Loki, I am not insinuating that you or your sources are wrong, or shouldn't be believed. I've heard a lot of "locks" that never panned out - recently, Texas to the Pac 10, etc. Just being cautious.

Texas was going to the Pac-10 until the Big 12 gave them a better offer. Why do you think all of the sudden Utah is now being offered to join the Pac-10? This stuff has changed daily.

So the invitation has been extended but does the board of regents at Utah accept? I don't see why not but stranger things have happened.

As a BYU fan this sucks. But Utah has done their job in Football. They've had some great seasons and took advantage of their opportunities. I'm excited for them and don't I see why I wouldn't cheer for them against the Pac-10. I'll probably even get tickets to a few of their games against the bigtime opponents. I mean, heck, who wants to watch BYU beat up UNLV when you could watch Utah slug it out with Cal or USC? Go Utes!

However, as a college football fan, I'm split. I was really excited at the possibility of watching some BIG TIME Football in this state. Seriously, we were on the verge of having the best situation possible, Utah to the Pac-10 and BYU to the Big 12. No where else in the country could someone watch USC in person one weekend and then the next weekend Texas. Or could you imagine how crazy this state would be if both Texas and USC came into this state to play the same weekend? Just... Wow!

Now that this chance is gone (for now), I'm a little upset at this whole situation. Even if BYU had gotten the opportunity to join the Big 12, I'd eventually remember how this only perpetuates a corrupt system of elitists.

As Ute and Cougar fans, I think we're too easily persuaded by the glitz and glammor of the "big boys." All too quickly we forget the Boise St's, TCU's, etc of this great sport.
I wish that the "little guys" could all stick together to eventually bring this system down. Perhaps had Utah given the Pac-10 a big finger... and had their other invites been rejected by fellow little guys... It would force the BCS to reform.
To me, it's still not fair that BYU (had they of gone to the Big 12) or Utah, to have an advantage over Boise St, merely because of stupid TV deals that are meant to keep those rich and powerful in power and the poor and weak in their places.

All well! Such is the way of college sports. But of course, we all know that the NCAA is truly only concerned about the student, right? LOL...