What's new

Utah Trade Deadline Discussion

I think we can improve just by not playing Joe Johnson and cutting the guy loose.

I need something good to move Hood and Favs at this point. I'd sell AB for expirings or partially expirings. Or like just something different... maybe Jared Dudley or Garrett Temple. Like I'd send a second round pick with AB for Temple right now... he isn't owed as much and is a functional/reliable rotation guy.

I'd just keep AB. He does some things pretty well. Dudley, now a days looks like Boris Diaw, without the springs, don't know who Garrett Temple is but I imagine he's not capable of Houdini the way AB is. Plus, having a bunch of serviceable wings is what everyone is searching for, why give that up just for the sake of change?

With LA now focusing on 2019 any interest in a straight swap of AB for Jordan Clarkson? I think we could do better than that if we take on an extra year of salary. I still can't decide if Clarkson is a great bench scorer or a guy putting up decent numbers on a **** team.

With LA now focusing on 2019 any interest in a straight swap of AB for Jordan Clarkson? I think we could do better than that if we take on an extra year of salary. I still can't decide if Clarkson is a great bench scorer or a guy putting up decent numbers on a **** team.

Just looked at his numbers... his shooting fell off... no thanks.

For some reason I think Q could get something more out of Clarkson, but, yeah, he doesn't excite much. I am vaguely interested, though, because Burks is dead weight most of the time and Hood will be hurt 3 different times between now and the 2nd round of the playoffs. That's right.

I saw a report that said, "Cavs have reached out to Utah about trading Ricky Rubio" and my instinctual response was, Only if they take him from my cold dead hands.

DO NOT LET THEM TOUCH OUR BEAUTIFUL BOY RICKY

I'm guessing we either take a one year salary dump deal returning a good young player or pick or stand pat. Looking at the roster makeup we just don't have a lot of needs. Cut JJ's minutes or release him and I think we look pretty good.

Again - If no one ponies up a decent first rounder for Hood they can kick rocks. He's frustrating and flawed but useful and still fits well with the roster.

I saw a report that said, "Cavs have reached out to Utah about trading Ricky Rubio" and my instinctual response was, Only if they take him from my cold dead hands.

DO NOT LET THEM TOUCH OUR BEAUTIFUL BOY RICKY

Voicemail message: Hi, Dennis. This is the Cavs GM. Dan Snyder wants Rubio and for him we're prepared to trade you one of our crappy contracts as well as a player who scores less than 3 points a game, and heck - we'll even throw in a second round pick or if you'd prefer, Dan Gilbert's son - you know, the one with the stupid glasses and dumbass bow tie who landed us Anthony Bennett. Anyways... call me back.

Bellinelli is being held out of the Hawks game due to trade talks.

Things are moving now guys... fasten your seat belt.

If I was part of the Philly FO, In my personal estimation Saric would be almost untouchable along with Embiid and Simmons obviously.

Saric has shown to be the third best player on that team throughout most of the season, and at times was the best player in some games. He is their best hustle guy and has shown more heart than probably all other Sixers players, especially during their down games.

This leads me to my point that it won't, well at least it shouldn't be easy to pry him from Philly. Most of the trade suggestions revolving him in this thread I would imagine the Sixers would scoff at. I would scoff at them. I don't think we have enough to entice Philly about Saric, in terms of which players we would make available.

^^this. Saric is underrated, but not by Philly. He has basketball in his DNA and very high hoops IQ. Will be a borderline allstar at his peak. He can co-exist with Simmons nicely, as he brings shooting at the 4. He is a great fit. Will take a TON to pry him away.

Jazz Interested in Avery Bradley

According to several reports, the Utah Jazz wouldn’t hesitate to part ways with any of their players not named Donovan Mitchell or Rudy Gobert, and after several rumors that pointed towards both Joe Johnson and Rodney Hood leaving the team, it seems like they’re actively trying to land Avery Bradley.

Bradley’s set to become an unrestricted free agent and the Clippers wouldn’t mind sending him anywhere with him unlikely to commit for the long run at the Staples Center. Furthermore, Bradley was also linked with a move to the Oklahoma City Thunder.

http://fadeawayworld.com/2018/02/06/trade-deadline-top-5-hottest-nba-rumors/

^^^

Perfect fit next to Mitchell TBH. Both can guard the 1 and the 2. Both can handle the ball and score. Both are defense first and unselfish players.