What's new

Utah @ USC, Sat. 10/26 2:00pm MT, PAC-12 Networks

leftyjace

Ya, I'm not making any predictions on this game.

Could go either way.

I will say this, though - given how our secondary is at times, I'm not sad that Marquis Lee is out for the game. I feel bad for him. Just not for our chances to win.

Tre Madden, Grimbal, Bailey, Justin Davis all out for SC. Lee questionable. Wilson questionable. Should be a lousy game overall.

USC's defense is better though, Siles Redd is back and playing well, and Kessler has a moment every 3 quarters or so, so I'll go SC 21-10. If Wilson is somehow healthy enough to play and looks normal throwing the ball, Utah probably wins though.

Wilson, Manning or Schultz? I really, really hope Wilson is healthy. If not, we are screwed. If Wilson can't go, I am 100% in the Manning boat.

Wilson, Manning or Schultz? I really, really hope Wilson is healthy. If not, we are screwed. If Wilson can't go, I am 100% in the Manning boat.

I saw a video where Manning threw a ball over your stadium that was pretty cool. Is the guy accurate at all?

I saw a video where Manning threw a ball over your stadium that was pretty cool. Is the guy accurate at all?

I have no clue. All I know is that Schultz has always looked like crap, Wilson is amazing but makes sophomore mistakes (see the pick 6 against Arizona), and coming out of spring Cox was, according to the coaches, competing for the starting spot. Cox then got hurt and didn't play in the spring game.

Manning showed up in the fall. The coaches have raved about him. I think they wanted to keep his redshirt, but if Wilson is gone for more than a game, you have got to use the next best guy. And Schultz had better not be it. He is terrible.

So, to answer your question, I have no clue. Manning showed up in the fall, and I haven't seen him at all.

What's the deal with Wilson? I heard on the radio that he might have been playing with an injury during the Arizona game.

What's the deal with Wilson? I heard on the radio that he might have been playing with an injury during the Arizona game.

96532.gif

What? It was a serious question and I didn't watch the game myself, so I was just curious as to the extent of his injury (if he had one).

I think Utah is one of those teams that doesn't announce questionable injuries one way or the other until game day.

Here was his hand in the Stanford game:

View attachment 2780

That and Whittingham getting hurt is what allowed Stanford to get back in the game.

He couldn't grip the ball, which was evident in the Arizona game when he missed two wide open receivers for TD's.

The picture of his hand above is not that bad considering what it looked like in the Arizona game. You can't do much as a QB if you can't grip the ball, and his play showed that.

I thought his hand looked a bit dinged up during the BYU game.

Has it been hurt this whole time? I wouldn't be surprised that it was hurt early in the season and it just hasn't had a chance to get better.

Wow, looks painful. Thanks.

No problem. I wish there was a picture of it during the Arizona game. It was a shredded mess. It was literally wrapped in bandages, with blood everywhere. When they showed it on TV, I thought there was no way he hadn't broken his finger. Poor kid.

But Whitt said he will probably play this weekend, so either Whitt is lying or it wasn't as bad as it looked. I hope it is the latter.

The loss to Arizona was a life-sucker. Wilson's injury aside, Arizona's running game shouldn't have steamrolled Utah like that a week after they bottled up Stanford. It seems like 1 step forward, 2 steps back with this team.

I'll have my red on this weekend, and I'll be rooting like hell, but has this team given us any reason what so ever to believe that they can go on the road and knock off USC?

The loss to Arizona was a life-sucker. Wilson's injury aside, Arizona's running game shouldn't have steamrolled Utah like that a week after they bottled up Stanford. It seems like 1 step forward, 2 steps back with this team.

I'll have my red on this weekend, and I'll be rooting like hell, but has this team given us any reason what so ever to believe that they can go on the road and knock off USC?

That game was crazy. If Wilson over threw 2 TD passes early in the game. If he wasn't injured at least one of those INT's never happen. That game could have easily been 28-7 or 28-14 in Utah's favor if Wilson could have connected early in the game.

Crazy how a couple off throws completely change a game.

It would not surprise me if Wilson plays that Utah beats USC. It also would not surprise me if USC beats Utah by 3 TD's. We are a very, very good team with our #1's and a lot of our #2's. We are still very, very thin at QB, WR and TE. We are a poor BCS team depth wise at this point. If we want to compete we need to either continue to recruit depth and/or have a season with no injuries.

If Scott and Murphy and Wilson never get hurt, there is a good shot we are undefeated right now. Crazy, this game of football is.