What's new

Utah @ USC, Sat. 10/26 2:00pm MT, PAC-12 Networks

What if day git dere gamefaces on doe?

Reading comprehension folks. Reading comprehension. The long wasn't a bunch of Popinga victories.

The point is, Utah doesn't have depth yet. The point is, our ones can compete with anyone. But once they get hurt, our twos are a big step back.

When I talk about Utah could have been undefeated, it's not BYU ******** to make myself feel better. It's to show we don't have depth.

Oh good hell, just don't.

You're reinforcing my point and you don't even know it.

Exactly.

I was being sarcastic and agreeing with you

I wish I was as optimistic as Green. I honestly can't tell if this team is taking baby steps in the right direction or simply treading water at this point. Maybe it's an overreaction to the loss @ Arizona, but I just don't see an excuse for this team losing that game after beating Stanford.

I'm also starting to question Wilson's accuracy and decision making ability as well. I really like the kid, but I'm starting to feel like his ceiling might be just an average QB. Utah needs a GREAT QB if they're ever going to be a serious contender for conference titles.

I wish I was as optimistic as Green. I honestly can't tell if this team is taking baby steps in the right direction or simply treading water at this point. Maybe it's an overreaction to the loss @ Arizona, but I just don't see an excuse for this team losing that game after beating Stanford.

I'm also starting to question Wilson's accuracy and decision making ability as well. I really like the kid, but I'm starting to feel like his ceiling might be just an average QB. Utah needs a GREAT QB if they're ever going to be a serious contender for conference titles.

I'm very optimistic. Maybe homer-ish optimistic. But look at "only" what Wilson has done so far:

He helped Utah put up 48 against OSU, including single handidly running this team to OT. Yes, he did give up 3 INT's but two of those were on the WR's. One was a QB mistake. We are very thin at WR.

He beat a very good USU team, that had all summer to get ready for us.

Demolished Weber St.

Almost led us to a victory against a top #15 team in UCLA. He did throw 6 INT's, but 4 were on the OL/WR's. Again, we are thin at WR and our OL has some serious pass protection issues. Even with the 6 INT's we had a chance, credit to our defense.

The BYU game was, "meh", but mainly because the coaches didn't want to have a TO that would give BYU a chance. That game wasn't as close as the score indicates, and had Utah opened up the offense, they could have easily won that game by 3-4+ scores.

Wilson was amazing in the Stanford game until he hurt his hand. Since his hand has been hurt, he has been "meh".

NOW, I know a lot of people are all down on Wilson because he has thrown all the INT's against OSU and UCLA and then looked TERRIBLE against Arizona. BUT, let's not forget a couple of things here:

1 - Dres is our only PAC-12 starting caliber WR. That's it. Scott is good enough, but he has been hurt. We have a slow big guy who has a lot of drops (Denham), another slow big guy who is good at catching the ball (Fitz) and a five foot nothing guy without amazing speed/elusiveness. Dres is awesome, but he has his warts as well, and I'd have him more as a slot guy (think Tavon Austin) than a wideout. We are very thin at receiver.

2 - He is only a SOPHOMORE. I know people like to throw out QB's such as Hundley, Mariotta, the A&M kid, etc, but they all had RS years. They are all a year ahead of Wilson before they took a snap. Also, he is a much better passer than they were at the same point in their careers. They were more runners, Wilson is a QB that can run. BIG difference.

3 - He hasn't been as good since the Stanford game when he hurt his hand. If he is healthy, he is a stud.

Before the Arizona game, he had the third highest QBR in the PAC-12, even with our OL and WR problems. Imagine how good he will be as a JR and as a SR.

He is not an average QB at all. Coming out of HS, his ceiling as Drew Bledsoe. Yeah, #1 overall pick Drew Bledsoe. His major downside (why Utah got him) was that he wasn't developed enough as a passer and would take 3-4 years to be a top QB. Utah got him because they said we will play you right away. He has developed a lot quicker than anyone could have hoped. If he stays healthy, he will go down as a great one.

are you being sarcastic, or is there and actual meter?

sarcasm_meter.gif

With the injuries and lack of excitement around USC right now...

I think Wilson will be healthier than we all think, and Utah wins.

35-17.

Utah officially proves they belong with wins over Stanford and road win over USC.

Game day bishes. USC is wounded. So are we. We have the better coaches and more heart.

We win big people. Enjoy it.

We have to win this game. Have to.

£¥£

I agree. Last week sucked. A win this week makes that game irrelevant.

Also, I want a bowl game. A win this week and we for sure make one, and have a shot at 7 or 8 wins. A loss this week and I wonder if we even get to six.

Big game. Huge game.

I'm just joking around with the betting stuff. My only claim to fame in that arena is that I don't lose money. I do indeed make some horrible predictions that I deserve crap for. But hey, I just like making predictions so it kind of comes with the terrority.

I said 21-10 USC earlier in this thread thread, but that was before USC's injury situation became fully apparent and it's pretty bad. Utah should win by 14.

damn.