What's new

Utah vs. #15 Pitt

So Michael Vick...oops I mean Riley Nelson is starting for BYU tomorrow right?

It was kind of weird seeing Max Hall and John Beck tossing around the rock in the NFL preseason against eachother and then flipping to the Utah game at the sametime and seeing Brian Johnson* on the sidelines after so many posters on here claimed he was better than Max.....

But I'll admit, Riley Nelson does nothing for me. Him starting scares the **** out of me. Hopefully that diss won't work anymore in about 9 hours, but for the meantime it's good material. Luckily Milt McLeod will probably have to sit and I'm confident we have Deron Williams on the bench.

*Not a shot at Brian Johnson. Brian Johnson being a real position coach at the rip old age of 23 is still very impressive.

It was kind of weird seeing Max Hall and John Beck tossing around the rock in the NFL preseason against eachother and then flipping to the Utah game at the sametime and seeing Brian Johnson* on the sidelines after so many posters on here claimed he was better than Max.....

As a college quarterback, Brian was at least as good as Max. He would die in the pros, tho. He's where he should be.

Plus, Brian doesn't hate me.

I think it was obvious that Max Hall had more natural talent as a thrower of the football, but that doesn't mean he was a better college QB than Brian Johnson. Even as a Utah fan I would say that Max Hall was a better passer, but you can't argue with Johnson's record, clutch drives, and big time play in big games.

There's lots of examples of better college players then NFL players ESPECIALLY at QB a few Nebraska QB's come to mind first.

I hope Brian can be a good of a recruiter and mentor/teacher as he is being reported as, it can only help the U grow and improve.

I'm not obsessed with your or zoobie nation. You just keep showing up and trolling threads I'm having conversations in. Like this Utah thread.
Remember when you tried to ignore me but couldn't? I think that says a lot, Stalker.

Is it just me or am I the only ute fan who finds conan funny? Plus be could totally beat the shut out of me in real life. Lol

Is it just me or am I the only ute fan who finds conan funny? Plus be could totally beat the shut out of me in real life. Lol

You're not alone.

But then again, it's pretty funny to read the Ute homers on this board too. Utah is "clearly" better than BYU since they beat Utah St. by more. Oh, and Direct TV is the best and I'm going to go off for pages and pages about it.

Anyone else read about Wynn's thumb injury? It's only day to day so no one should really expect Cain to get much burn next game.

I don't know that I find him funny, but I enjoy laughing at him. Not sure why some Ute fans let the Zoob get them riled up. His mission is clear.

I ignored you just fine. Then they got a new board. It's just funnier watching your be a jackass hypocrite.

Agreed. Putting him on ignore would cause you to miss out on probably the most idoiocy that I've ever seen on an internet message board (and that's really saying something). Plus, it probably gives him a stiffy each time a poster puts him on ignore.

It's been a really fun last couple of days watching even fellow BYU fans telling him that he "sucks balls", etc. He's literally the loud, obnoxious guy at a party who wasn't invited and nobody wants there but he's to dense and self-involved to realize that he's the laughingstock of the group.

Personally, I hope he keeps going. You can't pay for entertainment like this.

Last edited:
lol

Washington will probably be better than last year (when they were horrible) but they aren't winning the PAC.

Like I said, they are going to surprise people... including you apparently.

Out of curiosity, who do you have pegged to win the PAC? Washington State? ;)

Washington is a lot better than a lot of you are giving them credit for. I wouldn't be surprised to see them win the Pac-10. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised to see about 4 other teams win the Pac-10 this year. They're stacked, arguably the best conference in Football. USC doesn't really have anything to "win" this year but they have a lot to prove. Even with the NCAA punishment, they're still one of the most talented teams in Div I Football. Kiffin is a punk, but he can call offense while his dad is a defensive mastermind. they came very close to beating a Florida team last year in florida when the Gators had every motivation in the world to beat down the Vols and their punkass coach.

Oregon, Oregon St., Cal, Stanford, USC, UCLA, the Arizona schools, and Washington aren't slouches.

This is the #1 reason why I am excited about Utah joining them. In the Mtn West, there's only at max, two games that I get up for (If you're a Utah fan, BYU and TCU. If you're a BYU fan, Utah and TCU). All the rest of the games are garbage.

In the Pac-12, there's literally only two games I won't be up for (Colorado and Wash St).

With Washington's wide open offense, they have a chance at being better than Pitt IMO. The Big East is crap. Sark is the real deal when talking about offensive play calling. Pitt is just too conservative...

Seems like a few folks in here think pretty highly of Washington. Don't count me as one of them. Coming off of a 5-and-7 season and having it been a long time since they've won a road game, I don't see an excuse for BYU should they not win their season opener. I know I'm certainly picking the Cougs to win.

I would pick USC, Oregon, Oregon St and maybe even Stanford to finish higher than UW in the PAC this year.

I don't think anybody is saying Washington isn't a good team they're ranked 24 but this is a U thread we're trying to stay on topic... lol.

Anyway I think Washington's offense is good enough but their D is the question and Oregon is the favorite despite losing Masoli, I would think Washington probably finishes 2nd if the D is improved but as long as Locker lives up to his hype I don't see them being worse the 3rd-4th.

Like I said, they are going to surprise people... including you apparently.

Out of curiosity, who do you have pegged to win the PAC? Washington State? ;)

I would say USC, Oregon, Oregon State, and Cal are all better than Washington. Arizona, Stanford, and UCLA could also be as good or better than Washington.

They might surprise some people by actually finishing with a winning record this year and going to a bowl game, but to say they will win the PAC is crazy talk.

They are far more likely to suck this year and finish with a losing record (as they have for the past several years in a row) than they are to win the PAC.

My prediction is they will finish somewhere around 6-6 or 7-5 and go to some low level bowl game.

Seems like a few folks in here think pretty highly of Washington. Don't count me as one of them. Coming off of a 5-and-7 season and having it been a long time since they've won a road game, I don't see an excuse for BYU should they not win their season opener. I know I'm certainly picking the Cougs to win.

I would pick USC, Oregon, Oregon St and maybe even Stanford to finish higher than UW in the PAC this year.

I live in Happy Valley and can tell you there are plenty of "excuses" for BYU to lose this.

#1 No proven QB. Bronco is just waiting for one of them to "lose" it before naming the permanent starter.
#2 Lost offensive players. No Pitta, Hall, Or Unga this year. That's a lot to replace. Although they may have the talent to make up for their losses, I think it will take more than the home opener for those other players to prove themselves.
#3 Sark is a real good offensive playcaller and Jake Locker is a stud. He'll find BYU's weaknesses (which aren't too hard to find. They still lack a lot of athleticism out on the perimeter). Washington came very close to knocking out the Cougs a few years back. They're a lot better team now.
#4 Although Washington may have weaknesses on defense, who's going to exploit them? Quick question, after Riley, Heaps, and Jacobson, name another offensive player for BYU. That's the problem. Who's their tight end? Who's their RB? How are they going to exploit Washington's weaknesses?

I can tell you, from all the people I've talked to at school at UVU, most BYU fans are very concerned about this game. They'd be far less had Unga still been on the roster. But right now the general feeling is that this team is going to take a few games to figure out things that most teams figured out in spring ball (like who their QB is going to be).

BYU may blow this game out. If they do, more credit to them. But most fans are feeling pretty uneasy right now. No one knows what to expect. A running offense like when Doman played? Will Heaps look good? Will Jacobson even get the ball? Will Chambers or Ashworth look better this year? Who's the main ball-carrier going to be?

I think Utah fans basically knew what to expect in their home opener. Pitt was going to try and run the ball and eat up clock. While the Utes were going to try and put them into throwing downs forcing them to beat them passing. Offensively, the Utes needed to keep Wide/Asiata involved while Wynn just needed to not make mistakes. Dump the ball off for short passes and allowing the superior athleticism of Ute receivers to make plays.

I would say USC, Oregon, Oregon State, and Cal are all better than Washington. Arizona, Stanford, and UCLA could also be as good or better than Washington.

They might surprise some people by actually finishing with a winning record this year and going to a bowl game, but to say they will win the PAC is crazy talk.

They are far more likely to suck this year and finish with a losing record (as they have for the past several years in a row) than they are to win the PAC.

My prediction is they will finish somewhere around 6-6 or 7-5 and go to some low level bowl game.

But which team played Utah St? Whoever scores more points against Utah State is "clearly" better.