What's new

Vacation Locations

I would love to spend a couple weeks visiting Civil War battlefields. I’d also love to spend a couple weeks visiting WW2 battlefields.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

yxmumnqjj9exadlkhzio.jpg
Had one of them for 6 years (also many years when I was a kid) and loved it. Then bought a new "better" travel trailer. I often miss my pop up and actually think I prefer it.
Might sell my current trailer soon and go back to the pop up

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

So after reading this thread today I have planned out a cruise leaving from Miami and going to Half Moon Cay (Bahamas), Grand Turk (Grand Turk island and Caicos), and Amber Cove (Dominican Republic)
All 3 destinations are privately owned by Carnival.

6 day cruise. Gonna get a room with a balcony too.

So after reading this thread today I have planned out a cruise leaving from Miami and going to Half Moon Cay (Bahamas), Grand Turk (Grand Turk island and Caicos), and Amber Cove (Dominican Republic)
All 3 destinations are privately owned by Carnival.

6 day cruise. Gonna get a room with a balcony too.
Go fish!

Favorite places I’ve been to:

1. Jackson Hole: Beautiful, awesome weather in the summer, and just so much fun for everyone.

2. Washington DC: Beautiful, history, museums, great food.

3. London: One of the cleanest big cities I’ve been to. Awesome tube system gets you everywhere for dirt cheap. So much history. West End shows. Beautiful. Awesome food.

Hot Take: Didn’t like Paris. The people were fine. But I thought it was dirty, their subway system wasn’t nearly as smooth as the tube, and it felt overcrowded, like what I imagine Disneyland must be like over spring break.

I just want beaches. I never want to go to historic cities. Don't want to see London, Paris, Rome, new york, none of that. It's all concrete, cars, people, noise, buildings, polution. All the stuff I want to get away from in vacation.

For me it's the Bahamas, Grand Cayman, Belize, Honduras, Virgin Islands, etc.

Beaches would be okay if it wasn't for all the sand, hot sun and stinky salt water. I mean besides all that beaches aren't so bad.

Sent from my SM-G973U using JazzFanz mobile app

I have a trip planned to Bali for Christmas that I am pretty excited for. Beyond that I plan to hit up Korea, Japan, and Vietnam in the next year since I am close to those places. Ill also try to travel to places here in China. And ill hope my team gets sent to cool places to compete. But I am not holding my breath on those.

I also like to go to lots of places but ultimately I prefer vacations that are beach places. Warm weather, soft sand, drinks, little to no clothing, and water.

This will be the first year I dont take a vacation for Burning Man in about 6 years. That will be a bummer for me, but also good to take a break.

I have a trip planned to Bali for Christmas that I am pretty excited for. Beyond that I plan to hit up Korea, Japan, and Vietnam in the next year since I am close to those places. Ill also try to travel to places here in China. And ill hope my team gets sent to cool places to compete. But I am not holding my breath on those.

I also like to go to lots of places but ultimately I prefer vacations that are beach places. Warm weather, soft sand, drinks, little to no clothing, and water.

This will be the first year I dont take a vacation for Burning Man in about 6 years. That will be a bummer for me, but also good to take a break.

Mate of mine might be moving to Vietnam for work, he's been there said its pretty cool, far too hot for me. I'd avoid Bali, be full of bloody Australians, I've never really seen the attraction of the joint myself. Korea could be interesting, I'm pretty keen to check out Japan. What are the possible comps your team could get sent to?

Mate of mine might be moving to Vietnam for work, he's been there said its pretty cool, far too hot for me. I'd avoid Bali, be full of bloody Australians, I've never really seen the attraction of the joint myself. Korea could be interesting, I'm pretty keen to check out Japan. What are the possible comps your team could get sent to?
They could get sent anywhere for comps. But most likely is places in China or USA right now. So not very exciting for me. Ive been pretty much everywhere in the USA.

Bali has great beaches and its cheap. Easy appeal for me. I have a girlfriend flying out to meet me so it will be a 2 weeks of a nice relaxing bungalo and drinks on the beach. I love the heat of there is an ocean or swimming pool. Not sure what there isnt to like about it. You Australians are everywhere, but Bali has plenty of quiet areas.

They could get sent anywhere for comps. But most likely is places in China or USA right now. So not very exciting for me. Ive been pretty much everywhere in the USA.

Bali has great beaches and its cheap. Easy appeal for me. I have a girlfriend flying out to meet me so it will be a 2 weeks of a nice relaxing bungalo and drinks on the beach. I love the heat of there is an ocean or swimming pool. Not sure what there isnt to like about it. You Australians are everywhere, but Bali has plenty of quiet areas.

The heat, the beach, sand, being around water all these things are negatives, it is cheap i'll give it that. Mind you I have no interest in holidaying in South East Asia, that to me is something you endure not enjoy. **** I'd rather go to New Zealand. South America is my sort of idea of a cheap holiday, I did 7 weeks there last time for like 7k including airfares.

The heat, the beach, sand, being around water all these things are negatives, it is cheap i'll give it that. Mind you I have no interest in holidaying in South East Asia, that to me is something you endure not enjoy. **** I'd rather go to New Zealand. South America is my sort of idea of a cheap holiday, I did 7 weeks there last time for like 7k including airfares.
Fair enough, to each their own!

Ma favourite places which IMHO have good price-value ratio.
1. Japan. I have been their 5 times, about 7 nights per trip.
2008 Nagoya region (single), 2013 Tokyo area(alone, soon-to-be wife with a daughter at home), 2017 Osaka-Kansai with wife and collegue and his wife, 2018 Tokyo are with wife and daughter and 2019 Osaka-Kansai with wife, daughter and my mother. I would consider Japan ultra-safe unless you are in bad place at bad moment - it seems, that every year after my trip their is some stabbing incident or major natural disaster (this year was the Kawasaki stabbing incident and Kyoto arson attack). Although not the cheapest country, but if you can afford to watch Jazz games at the arena and own guns :) then it should be affordable i.e cheaper than New York, London or Paris. Transport is highly punctual, lots of good food everywhere, crowds also, but that is part of the fun and easily avoided you do not visit the usual tourist sites.
2. Southern Poland, Czech republic and Slovakia. Prices are low, lots of hiking possibilities and after that to relax at the thermal baths.
3. Croatia for beach vacation. Less people than in Italy or France and better prices. Very long coastline so it is not hard to find a small city to relax.
4. For alpine skiing - if you like apres-ski, then IMHO Ischgl in Austria is one of the best. About 200 km of trails and schlager-music bars at the finish line. Another good alternative is La Plagne-Les Arcs area. Suitable for the person who goes to the slopes on the first lift, is skiing as much as possible, enjoys the dinner and goes to sleep around 22:00.
5. India. Although i have been there only once in 2010 march and after trip i thought i would not want to visit it again - now i would like; of course, without the child. After visiting India and few of its major sites (7 nights in Kerala, 2 in Varanasi, 4 in Delhi) i would say that the problems at well developed countries are not problems at all :). Varanasi is a like city from another dimension or realm.
6. Although currently the politcal climate is bad i would still like to visit Hong Kong again. I have been their twice - 2009 and 2016.

I have not visited USA. Is it possible to visit USA and which states are better than others where the current political climate and "florida man syndrome" is not visible or noticeable at all for a tourist? Or is the political crap highly exaggerated i.e it is not that visible while being a tourist in Salt Lake City, Yellowstone or San Fransisco?

My buddy’s in thailand right now. Goes most summers and often to neighboring countries. He loves Vietnam and said Cambodia night life was awesome and that it’s like the wild, Wild West there.

Anyone here ever do the RN40? I’d absolutely love to do this but I’m not sure I could ever find the time...